[APP] BBC iPlayer for Android (and iPhone/iPad)

Search This thread
Reactions: orb3000

bgs_piece

Aug 15, 2010
Can anyone post the .apk file for this app? I am unable to download it and have tried market enabler and that isn't working either. Thanks in advance for any help.

If you can't post the download file, maybe some advice for where it might be found.

Madnessx9

Mar 8, 2008
London
I have had this for a few days now. sad to say on my galaxy S over wifi I can only play low bandwidth?! ridiculous

A

alexluckett

Personally I am not a fan of the app, and I will use the website instead. Streaming is choppy on the app, and perfect on the website.

Also, no download options! The Nokia N8 (I think) has had this since last year...

Ceeefax

Jun 9, 2010
Just a FYI to everyone (as the news post makes it sound like you can stream over mobile network...):

• This only works over WiFi (it will not stream over mobile networks)
  • You cannot pre-download anything.
  • If you do stream over WiFi the quality isn't very good.
  • If you want to see bbc iplayer content on your mobile, the best way is still to use their website.

Eat it iPhone

Sep 23, 2010
I can confirm its not working on my Sprint Evo. Says on market website item not available for my carrier, and from phone it doesnt even show up. Ashame because i like BBC programming.

tim440

Dec 3, 2010
Sevilla
I'm using it in Spain via a VPN. I think the quality is pretty good. Perfectly watchable.

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App

k3nnynapalm

Dec 31, 2010
I don't know how a VPN would help, unless you were already in that region, but I wonder about a legit (is there such thing? :) proxy app for Android... is there one to test?

tim440

Dec 3, 2010
Sevilla
I live in Spain and use a VPN that gives the phone a British IP address and it works. There are plenty of companies that offer this service.

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App

RichardHaro

Aug 5, 2010
Is the app still terrible? Didn't bother with it after testing it for 10 minutes. It was awful.

Top Liked Posts