[ROM][03/24/2012] GSB v4.5 - Final | CM7.2 | It's been a great ride...

Search This thread

Macrodroid

Jul 27, 2010
BLACK CANYON CITY - Hell's DoorStep!
the down direction for my trackball isn't working...got in to recovery and was like WAAAAAAAT!? lol. a little pivoting force placed on my usb connection while plugged in - tried the whole range to find the right one - and then it worked but only when i hold that little bit of force on it.

haha, turns out i can even just push down and off of my usb cable to move the selection down (instead of rolling the trackball). it's not perfect, but humorous.

the things we do to keep our erii alive - and using the freshest GSB...

I had the same problem with mine before I upgraded... Try folding up a piece of paper and placing it between the cover and the USB port. When you snap the cover in place, it should apply enough pressure to the port plug to get your trackball working again... Of course, it'll only get worse with time though :(, but it should get you by for a while...

Yorb

Jul 26, 2010
Durham
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Hmm, would definitely need a logcat of you trying to connect. Not sure if I've ever used the feature, so I'm not totally sure what you're talking about. Anyone else experiencing this?

The connection itself seems to work, the problem is that the requesting app doesn't think the connection was made. How do I get a logcat of the event?

Sent from my ERIS using XDA App

Yorb

Jul 26, 2010
Durham
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Okay, so I don't know what's going on here, but there have been some apps show up in the market that used to work with my phone on previous versions of this ROM and on other ROMs, but now say they are incompatible with my phone. What's going on. So far there have been two, but I am still trying to restore everything to the way I had it and have about 32 apps left to remember and redownload since the TB backups of the same apps in xtrSENSE don't work in GSB. Does anyone have a working apk for either Ministry School Timer or Google+ I could get from you?

I had the same issue with g+ and music beta. Seems like google is taking a **** on older devices. The apps still work though, just google for the app name, version (Get from market), and "apk"

Sent from my ERIS using XDA App

Apps

4.0 odex
I got a question about installing apps? I have several apps that I'd like to have in system folder, so if I would have to do a hard reset they would still be there, like root explorer, TB Pro, and a clock widget, I thought it was just copy the apk from sd into the system/app folder, reboot into recovery wipe dalvic cache boot back up and walla it's done, :confused:I think thats how I've done it before correct me if I'm wrong:confused:? no go this time, apps are sitting there in system/app folder but wont show up in the app drawer:(. Also has anyone ever had the wipe of amenra stop working? I tried to manually swap an app after just pressing apk file on the sd then moving to system/app renaming some things went into recovery to wipe dalvic and the old uneeded file in dalvic was still there? I can confirm that a wipe didn't seem to work because after I seen that it was still in there I used root explorer to manually delete all files in the dalvic cache folder, rebooted and it was gone cause it didn't need to be rebuilt.
I also reset permissions to rw r r and changed owner root root.
TIA.

BTW Shed this so far is the best GSB build yet, I can't wait to see whats gonna happen once you roll your sleeves up and realy get to work on her :D

Last edited:

PFongemie

Aug 8, 2010
Derry
Wifi issue...

Any one else having any issues with WiFi? I can find my network but is goes from obtaining IP address to disconnected. My wife's running 3.5 and WiFi locks on in seconds.

WhistlingDog

Dec 21, 2010
4.0 odex
I got a question about installing apps? I have several apps that I'd like to have in system folder, so if I would have to do a hard reset they would still be there, like root explorer, TB Pro, and a clock widget, I thought it was just copy the apk from sd into the system/app folder, reboot into recovery wipe dalvic cache boot back up and walla it's done, :confused:I think thats how I've done it before correct me if I'm wrong:confused:? no go this time, apps are sitting there in system/app folder but wont show up in the app drawer:(. Also has anyone ever had the wipe of amenra stop working? I tried to manually swap an app after just pressing apk file on the sd then moving to system/app renaming some things went into recovery to wipe dalvic and the old uneeded file in dalvic was still there? I can confirm that a wipe didn't seem to work because after I seen that it was still in there I used root explorer to manually delete all files in the dalvic cache folder, rebooted and it was gone cause it didn't need to be rebuilt.
TIA...

When you moved them into the system folder this way before, was it on a non-odexed version? Sounds like you have the apk files but not the corresponding ODEX versions. Notice the preinstalled apps all have .ODEX and .APK versions. You need both, because I believe the odexed versions are the ones that actually run. Unfortunately I don't know if GSB does this automatically or you need to find a way to get odexed versions of the apps you want to move.

Can anybody confirm or discount this?

Last edited:
When you moved them into the system folder this way before, was it on a non-odexed version? Sounds like you have the apk files but not the corresponding ODEX versions. Notice the preinstalled apps all have .ODEX and .APK versions. You need both, because I believe the odexed versions are the ones that actually run. Unfortunately I don't know if GSB does this automatically or you need to find a way to get odexed versions of the apps you want to move.

Can anybody confirm or discount this?

I also had that same thought, however there some app .apk in system/app folder that came in rom that have no odex file ??????????

Non-odexed apps will work fine, and yes, there are a few apps that aren't odexed, no worries :)

Thanks Shed, yes I knew no worries about the non odexed apps, thats why I wasn't worried about putting a few apps in there,(because their was already a few in there:)), however I thought just placing the .apk into system/app folder and rebooting would install the app as system app :confused:, instead I've been having to install by pressing on .apk on sd letting it install into the data folder then renaming some things and then moving to system/app:(, I just thought thered be an easier/quicker way:rolleyes:.

jsmith.98

Jul 30, 2010
Thanks Shed, yes I knew no worries about the non odexed apps, thats why I wasn't worried about putting a few apps in there,(because their was already a few in there:)), however I thought just placing the .apk into system/app folder and rebooting would install the app as system app :confused:, instead I've been having to install by pressing on .apk on sd letting it install into the data folder then renaming some things and then moving to system/app:(, I just thought thered be an easier/quicker way:rolleyes:.

Have you checked the permissions when just moving them from the sd to the system/app folder? I believe they should be "rw-r--r--".

Have you checked the permissions when just moving them from the sd to the system/app folder? I believe they should be "rw-r--r--".

4.0 odex
TIA.

BTW Shed this so far is the best GSB build yet, I can't wait to see whats gonna happen once you roll your sleeves up and realy get to work on her :D

10 char :D

killakrishook3r

Sep 30, 2010
ive run into this before when trying to replace system apps with changed or updated ones, but why do you really need it to be in system apps, all it does is take up extra internal memory, im not aware of any pros from doing it. please correct me if wrong

klobkelosh

Jan 25, 2011
Phx, AZ
Before I install v4.0, is anyone experiencing reboots or layer restarts while using navigation?

Sent from my Eris using XDA App

computerfreek

Feb 1, 2010
www.nhscan.com
Before I install v4.0, is anyone experiencing reboots or layer restarts while using navigation?

Sent from my Eris using XDA App

No reboot here.... navigation also working great even installed and used Google tracks for 4.7 miles and then email me the file from it. I maybe useing an older maps as i restored from mybackup pro. But everthing is working great here. odex ver 4.0.

Super_Dork_42

I have a question. I restored my homescreens in LPP and there are some apps that are not installed, so those shortcuts of course do not work. I did not make a list of the apps I had installed since I have titanium backup. However, in the short time I ran xtrSENSE, I realized that the backups from GSB didn't work to restore apps. So I lost everything. If, in theory, I started up aLogcat and touched each of the shortcuts, would the errors tell me what had been there? If so, I wouldn't have to rely on my spotty-at-best memory.

I have a question. I restored my homescreens in LPP and there are some apps that are not installed, so those shortcuts of course do not work. I did not make a list of the apps I had installed since I have titanium backup. However, in the short time I ran xtrSENSE, I realized that the backups from GSB didn't work to restore apps. So I lost everything. If, in theory, I started up aLogcat and touched each of the shortcuts, would the errors tell me what had been there? If so, I wouldn't have to rely on my spotty-at-best memory.

Why don't you just boot up off the nand that I'm sure you made :rolleyes: before flashing xtrSENSE and make up a list of them.:D

PieceKeepr

Jun 13, 2010
Florida
OnePlus 8 Pro
.. Also has anyone ever had the wipe of amenra stop working? I tried to manually swap an app after just pressing apk file on the sd then moving to system/app renaming some things went into recovery to wipe dalvic and the old uneeded file in dalvic was still there? I can confirm that a wipe didn't seem to work because after I seen that it was still in there I used root explorer to manually delete all files in the dalvic cache folder, rebooted and it was gone cause it didn't need to be rebuilt...

My experience has been that the wipe function in RA Recovery does not work if you use Zach's C2C script. I always use Root Explorer to wipe the Dalvik cache.

Sent from my GSB'd ERIS using XDA Premium App

Reactions: workshed and JRngln

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

CyanogenMOD 7.2 [Gingerbread 2.3.7] for the HTC Eris

Thanks to...

Conap - for being one of the best people I know on the internet, and a great Mentor. You're the best, man!
    Cyanogen & Team Douche - for all the hours of awesome work they do
    gnarlyc - for helping pin down the camera and gps issue
    The Hero Crowd - for doing awesome dev work that has helped us eris devs greatly
    bftb0 - for the Undead call Fix Script
    MOS95B - for the awesome file hosting server
    Tazz - for the tiny gapps package
    CondemnedSoul - for the qcom lib & Maps 5.2
    MongooseHelix - for deving and sharing with me, awesome guy.
    zach.xtr - for the great Cache2Cache Script
    sonnysekhon & boykioy - for the ICS theming
    HaRdC0r3 - for loads of tweaks
    Anyone that has donated! - I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

5.jpg
    6.jpg

7.jpg
    8.jpg
    9.jpg

|| Android Gingerbread 2.3.7 - CyanogenMOD 7.2
    || Sync'd with CM7 source & compiled on 03-24-2012
    || Conap's Unreleased CFS Kernel clocked @ max:604mhz - min:245mhz Governor: ondemand (try smartass gov for better batt life)
    || Undead Call Fix by bftb0
    || GO-LauncherEX
    || Odexed!
    || Bootanimation Credit: Adam2010

As everyone should know...
    always nandroid backup before flashing anything...
    and know what you're doing...
    dev's are not responsible for your actions...

Instructions ...
    || Boot in recovery...
    || Do a full wipe of data+dalvik...
    || Flash GSB...
    || REBOOT...
    || let phone settle for a bit, come back and setup...

Yell out in joy, that our End of Life Eris has GB on it! :D

THINGS TO NOTE:

Gallery3D was removed in 4.5-Final because the ICS rotations added to the cm repos borked it.
    Please download & install QuickPic after flash if you want to view pictures.

Do NOT flash gapps: it will remove Maps 5.2 and then you're on your own if the new Maps gives you problems.
    Google Search icon is missing: just apply the "ice cream san" theme in the app drawer.

|||DIRECT DOWNLOADS|||

GSB v4.5-Final CM7.2

||| Downloads: ODEXED - md5sum
    ||| Mirror: >> Dev-Host.org <<

WALLPAPER - should already be on your sdcard in GSB-Extras/wallpaper.

Please donate something if you like my efforts. I truly appreciate it!
    DONATE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can follow me on twitter @w0rkshed

SOURCE
    KERNEL
    FIXES/CHANGELOG

v4.5-Final
    • This will be my final release for this phone. It's been fun!
    • Sync'd with cm repos and freshly compiled
    • REMOVED the 3Dgallery: the ICS rotations borked it, download and install QuickPic
    • added all the ring lock styles
    • added disable scrolling-cache
    • added custom carrier label
    • added ICS transitions
    • added improved scrolling cache [ported from ICS]
    • made the ICS theme default upon initial flash
    • updated vending to Google Play
    • too much to list everything, check the cm nightly changelog for full details...
    v4.4 Fixes/Changes
    • Bumped to RC1
    • Chinese characters should be fixed
    • Cleaned up framework
    • Updated some apps
    v4.3 Fixes/Changes
    • Bumped to CM7.2.0-RC0
    • Recompiled CFS Kernel: added tun.ko & cifs.ko modules (both confirmed working)
    • Fixed Minimal Lockscreen Style
    • Quicker screen off animation (reboot phone after initial setup)
    • Overall smaller footprint
    v4.2 Fixes/Changes
    • No more LauncherPro: Until Fede updates LP, I am going with Go-launcher as stock. I'm sorry if this disappoints anyone.
    • Theme packages are on sdcard in "GSB-Extras" you must install them and then apply them both (1 is for the t-mobile ThemeChooser and 1 is for go-launcher)
    • Added Maps 5.2 to ROM: UPDATE AT YOUR OWN RISK, you could lose Maps function with newer updates.
    • Hard themed the lockscreen to look ICS-ish. NOTE: Phone slide lock has a white circle around it, I know, but I kind of like it :)
    • All theme credits besides the lockscreen jog dials (me) go to sonnysekhon & boykioy
    • Turned down max cpu to 604 - removed hardcoded mem values and turned off compcache & jit since it was causing some problems. You can always re-enable them.
    • Removed: CMwallpapers, CM themes & Rom Manager
    • Added Honeycomb lockscreen clock font & ICS Roboto font
    v4.1 Fixes/Changes
    • out of RC phase
    • updated mainline to android 2.3.7
    • now set by default: compcache=18% Jit=On VM heap size=48m NOTE: you can turn these off in cyanogen mod settings if you experience slowdowns
    • rotation to landscape fixed: changed the libGLES_qcom in source to build working libGLES_android.so, thanks to CS for pointing it out in his fix.
    • yes, no ring lag script is still in there ;)
    v4.0 Fixes/Changes
    • Fixed built in CM screenshot (hold power key and select in menu)
    • Updated fingerprint to 2.3.5
    • Added the no_ring_lag script, thanks computerfreek and klobkelosh (EDIT: ODEX version doesn't have the no_ring_lag script, you can install it on your own and test if you'd like.)
    • Still have home screen redraws after reboot, that so called "fix" isn't working, just use Zeps V6 script - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276
    • Here are all the official CM changes since GSB 3.8 - http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged,n,z

Archived Fixes/Changes
    Extra Downloads! - Provided by: MOS95b

These are all .apks and will need to go in system/app
    Use a file explorer with su permissions or adb
    Or just place them on your sdcard and press to install

Since I removed CM7 Themes: Androidian & Cyanbread
    I made flashable zip's so you can have them back if you want.

ROM Archives! - Provided by: MOS95b
    NOTE: No support for these, they're retired...
    v4.5-Final
    • This will be my final release for this phone. It's been fun!
    • Sync'd with cm repos and freshly compiled
    • REMOVED the 3Dgallery: the ICS rotations borked it, download and install QuickPic
    • added all the ring lock styles
    • added disable scrolling-cache
    • added custom carrier label
    • added ICS transitions
    • added improved scrolling cache [ported from ICS]
    • made the ICS theme default upon initial flash
    • updated vending to Google Play
    • too much to list everything, check the cm nightly changelog for full details...
    THINGS TO NOTE:

Gallery3D was removed in 4.5-Final because the ICS rotations added to the cm repos borked it.
    Please download & install QuickPic after flash if you want to view pictures.

Do NOT flash gapps: it will remove Maps 5.2 and then you're on your own if the new Maps gives you problems.
    Google Search icon is missing: just apply the "ice cream san" theme in the app drawer.

|||DIRECT DOWNLOADS|||

GSB v4.5-Final CM7.2

||| Downloads: ODEXED - md5sum
    ||| Mirror: >> Dev-Host.org <<

I love you all ;) thank you for so many fun times!
    I should be getting a rezound soon, right now I'm releasing for the tbolt still.

See you around?

-shed
    Wow, ok, so I got a TON of PM's ... I really had no idea so many people loved this ROM. I'm going to try and stick with you all for a bit longer and keep releasing updates, I'll see how it goes.

This is in response to all the PM's & comments lol ... made me feel bad ;)