Bluetooth headphones for music possible?

Search This thread

wolvie77

Mar 5, 2010
Hi! All. is it possible to use bluetooth headphones to listen to music with the galaxy tab? any compatibility issues i should be looking out for before buying if its possible to use.

dfkt_

Feb 1, 2011
Vienna
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Even better, the 7.7 supports the APT-X Bluetooth codec/profile, which sounds noticeably better than regular A2DP. Of course you need a receiver that supports APT-X as well.

ph00ny

Aug 10, 2008
New York
I picked up an LG Tone Bluetooth headset.

It allows phone calls (with my tablet or my EVO) and can be used as a stereo headset for videos, music, etc.

Battery lasts a long time and works great for me.

http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phone-accessories/lg-HBS700-tone

I have the same set.
It's a decent set for all the features but in terms music quality, i think it lacks a bit (soundstage and mid/low range)

Vibration on incoming call is pretty awesome

ph00ny

Aug 10, 2008
New York
Even better, the 7.7 supports the APT-X Bluetooth codec/profile, which sounds noticeably better than regular A2DP. Of course you need a receiver that supports APT-X as well.

oddly enough, i don't see apt-x listed under audio for 7.7 LTE

wait a min... dkft from abi?

Last edited:

ph00ny

Aug 10, 2008
New York
Yep, dfkt from ABI. :) (The nick without underscore was already taken by some imposter... grrr.)

It says APT-X in the official specs, under audio codecs: http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxytab/7.7/spec.html?type=find - I haven't tried it yet myself, but I sure hope Sammy doesn't lie.

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-tab/SCH-I815LSAVZW-specs

It just says streaming LOL

Have you tried any of the higher end bluetooth headphones like sennheiser mm 550-x or 450-x? I'm actually looking for a decent headphone with phone call capability and noise cancelling for travelling

dfkt_

Feb 1, 2011
Vienna
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Hmm, I doubt that the hardware is different in the Verizon version - also, APT-X can be both AFAIK, either hardware- or software-wise implemented. Maybe it's just a firmware difference, or maybe they just didn't write down the whole specs.

Nah, haven't tried those Senns - do they support APT-X? (So far my only experience with APT-X was on the Creative Zen X-Fi 3 with a small Samsung APT-X adapter/receiver, and my regular IEMs plugged in. The sound quality was pretty much as good as wired, to my ears.)

ph00ny

Aug 10, 2008
New York
Hmm, I doubt that the hardware is different in the Verizon version - also, APT-X can be both AFAIK, either hardware- or software-wise implemented. Maybe it's just a firmware difference, or maybe they just didn't write down the whole specs.

Nah, haven't tried those Senns - do they support APT-X? (So far my only experience with APT-X was on the Creative Zen X-Fi 3 with a small Samsung APT-X adapter/receiver, and my regular IEMs plugged in. The sound quality was pretty much as good as wired, to my ears.)

They do
You're probably right on the specs but it's odd that they didn't mention it specifically for the us release.

Hopefully they didn't trade it for the IR port ;)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

Kaiser Wilhelm II

Oct 12, 2007
I use a set of Sony DR-BT21G headphones. They are excellent but alas they were discontinued a few years ago and Sony never brought out a followup model :-(

The only real drawback to them is lack of USB charging - they use a silly 3.3V Sony charger (which I think was also used for minidisc players, perhaps why they chose it as maybe they originally thought to make it for MD players).

pinsb

Sep 9, 2011
London, UK
BH-905i

Stereo Cans, Bluetooth, Noise Supress, Microphone for phone calls.

Dogs Bo11ocks, but you look like a right muppet wearing them!!

bh_905_02_l.jpg

http://europe.nokia.com/find-produc...adsets/nokia-bluetooth-stereo-headset-bh-905i

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts