[APP] Touch Blocker - makes holding your device easier when reading [HC/ICS ONLY]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
Touch Blocker Beta - a simple but useful app that makes holding and using your device easier

There are two basic functions:

- create dead zones where touches do not register
- filter the screen when reading in low light

We are already in a relatively stable Beta release - whats left now is adding new features and making it all look pretty. You can follow this process at the thread here.

Please be sure to write suggestions - we are looking forward to engaging the community and building a useful and nifty application that many will enjoy!

Market link

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fahrbot.apps.touchblocker

Screens

Debugging

If you experience issues, the best way to help is by reproducing them and then clicking "write to us" - be sure to include a description of your error or we may not read the logs.

Last edited:

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Suggestions under consideration:

- fullscreen touch disable (shake to enable disable?)
- shake to show/hide or enable/disable

Last edited:
Reactions: sam5154

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Thanks! Do you have any suggestions? What is your overall impression? Do you find it useful?

Im full of questions :D

Reactions: fafrehugen

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Thank you!

Why only ICS and HC? Because it doesnt work with multitouch in versions of android before 3.0!

aeros0ul

Aug 14, 2011
DE
Suggestion:
Add an option to show the active dead zone with maybe a semitransparent background

Reactions: ftgg99

fafrehugen

May 19, 2011
Noginsk
Not as of yet, i have to say im liking this app a lot. just reading the news on the couch it more comfortable to pick it up and put it down!!!

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Any comments? Suggestions maybe?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda premium

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Yes - and the buttons should jump up as the zones squeeze them together :)

curodot

Mar 10, 2012
I've just downloaded this and I don't have any problems so far.
Maybe you can place some tiny icon somewhere on the screen so people can easily disable it? Idk, but I think not everyone will be pleased with this suggestion. :D

Last edited:

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
I've just downloaded this and I don't have any problems so far.
Maybe you can place some tiny icon somewhere on the screen so people can easily disable it? Idk, but I think not everyone will be pleased with this suggestion. :D

You can use the notification - it has various actions you can pick. The trouble with always using an overlay (to make your button) is that it will slow things down...

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Anything else to report?

Remoteconcern

May 27, 2011
Anything else to report?

I really like it. Works well when holding my Galaxy Nexus!

However, the screen filter (which is a great feature) makes everything lag on my phone.

I wonder if that's because there are too many pixels to re-render with such an HD screen? I don't know if there's any way round it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Touch Blocker Beta - a simple but useful app that makes holding and using your device easier

There are two basic functions:

- create dead zones where touches do not register
    - filter the screen when reading in low light

We are already in a relatively stable Beta release - whats left now is adding new features and making it all look pretty. You can follow this process at the thread here.

Please be sure to write suggestions - we are looking forward to engaging the community and building a useful and nifty application that many will enjoy!

Market link

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fahrbot.apps.touchblocker

Screens

Debugging

If you experience issues, the best way to help is by reproducing them and then clicking "write to us" - be sure to include a description of your error or we may not read the logs.
    Suggestions under consideration:

- fullscreen touch disable (shake to enable disable?)
    - shake to show/hide or enable/disable
    thanks a lot, good job
    Thanks! Do you have any suggestions? What is your overall impression? Do you find it useful?

Im full of questions :D
    Great idea!!! Any reason why only honeycomb and ice cream sandwich? Not that it matters, this will be very useful on tablets :)