Chromecast having issues with DIR-615 REV C, SW ver 3.1

Search This thread

tiffkka

Jan 28, 2014
Hi All,
I bought a chromecast few days ago and cannot seem to connect it to DIR-615 router. The Chromecast website says DIR-615 with SW version 5.1 is a compatible router but I have SW ver 3.1 in it. For my router's model (rev C0 this is the most recent SW version.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Asphyx

Dec 19, 2007
Android Wear
Google Pixel Watch
Before you go flashing a custom firmware I suggest you go to the Manf support site for your router and see if there is a firmware upgrade available.

It is likely that your older version does not support what is needed and the newer firmware adds the UPnp and Multicast capabilities required for CCast.

Reactions: tiffkka

DJames1

Oct 10, 2013
OpenWRT does support the DIR-615 C1 and C2 revs, but unfortunately my i1 rev is not yet listed as supported as far as I can see.

A lot of people also like Tomato firmware, but it seems to be more strictly limited to routers with Broadcom chipsets (the C1/C2 and i1 have Atheros chipsets).

I understand that all of these alternative firmwares originated with the open-source router firmware that Linksys published for the venerable WRT54G, so while they differ a little in the GUI, they probably all have very similar capabilities under the hood when it comes to the detailed Linux command scripts that are usually given for DD-WRT.

Last edited:
Reactions: tiffkka

tiffkka

Jan 28, 2014
@Asphyx: The SW version I have is the last SW manufacturer released. So I guess, I will have to flash it.

Thank you, all. I will try to flash it over the weekend.

Asphyx

Dec 19, 2007
Android Wear
Google Pixel Watch
@Asphyx: The SW version I have is the last SW manufacturer released. So I guess, I will have to flash it.

Thank you, all. I will try to flash it over the weekend.

Well Google said it works with V5 and you have V3....

That suggests there is a V5 firmware for your router....
Unless the versions your talking about are for the hardware not the firmware.

In that case the Router may not be capable at all even after the Custom flash.

Top Liked Posts