Disable stylus

Search This thread

LinkToTHis

Aug 22, 2011
Is there a way via root or ROM to permanently disable the stylus? It's currently causing headaches where if the stylus is in or out of the holder it keeps detecting it being removed and inserted rapidly, causing the keyboard to minimize and to wake itself up from lock.

Is there a way to just straight up disable its ability to know its there? Or make it always thing the stylus is inserted?

tsbrewers

Mar 19, 2009
Is there a way via root or ROM to permanently disable the stylus? It's currently causing headaches where if the stylus is in or out of the holder it keeps detecting it being removed and inserted rapidly, causing the keyboard to minimize and to wake itself up from lock.

Is there a way to just straight up disable its ability to know its there? Or make it always thing the stylus is inserted?

You can disable the pop up window in settings. That way it will only show the little stylus icon on the top left corner, and not pop up the app menu.

Also, mine is getting weird too, where it thinks the stylus is removed, even when it isn't. I ended up taking the nose of the stylus apart, backing out the threaded insert in the silver part, then putting it back together. This lengthened the stylus enough that it will register again and solved my problem, at least for now.

Reactions: nelsonw

e8hffff

Dec 28, 2010

Try to disable it in user level software. If you're desperate you could remove the driver being loaded if you have root access. Do a search for any config files that specifically mention the stylus insert sensor. Other words, do some research on what that driver is called if there is one. Don't disable the DirectStylus driver as that may remove touch screen functionality.

cars10k

Jan 10, 2013
Dont think it would remove touch screen functionality:
if you enable the "stylus only" mode, you can still use the screen with your fingernails. anyway, you cant do pinch2zoom gestures with stylus+fingernail in "stylus only" mode, so i guess they got different components running for stylus (wich only accepts 1 input) and finger.
no guarantee, just guessed.

haonas

Oct 31, 2007
Athens
Any solution with this?? It is driving me insane. The thing is that I haven't taken it back to the retailer because my warranty is void (unlocked bootloader) and I wouldn't want to pay a ridiculous amount of money for something I could as well fix myself. Any information would be appreciated, cheers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can disable the pop up window in settings. That way it will only show the little stylus icon on the top left corner, and not pop up the app menu.

Also, mine is getting weird too, where it thinks the stylus is removed, even when it isn't. I ended up taking the nose of the stylus apart, backing out the threaded insert in the silver part, then putting it back together. This lengthened the stylus enough that it will register again and solved my problem, at least for now.