Touchscreen Issue

Search This thread

gtmgtm

Jun 29, 2014
Just to let you know, my week old tegra note 7 developed touchscreen issues:

After 20 or 30 minutes use the touchscreen both develops unresponsive areas (on stylus and/or finger) and eventually starts triggering random window opening and becomes unusable until left to cool off for a while, restart not necessary.

I'm sure it's a hardware issue as I have restored previous functioning twrp images, also restored a stock rom with user data davlik cache clear.. same problem, it is very interesting to utilize the developer options of "pointer location" or/and show touches as it makes it easy to see exactly what a faulty touchscreen Is reporting! no wonder random windows/menus would start opeining!!

P.S Unfortunately I've rooted the device so may not be able to get a warranty replacement :( I've searched and so far not found a method for restoring an original non voided bootloader for these devices.. I did however notice some interesting progress for the tegra 3 series though, where someone had worked out how to backup the original bootloader before rooting and then restore it after rooting, so there is hope..... if any devs here want to pursue that for the note 7 here's the link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1927818

ToJa92

Jul 22, 2011
toja92.com
Just to let you know, my week old tegra note 7 developed touchscreen issues:

After 20 or 30 minutes use the touchscreen both develops unresponsive areas (on stylus and/or finger) and eventually starts triggering random window opening and becomes unusable until left to cool off for a while, restart not necessary.

I'm sure it's a hardware issue as I have restored previous functioning twrp images, also restored a stock rom with user data davlik cache clear.. same problem, it is very interesting to utilize the developer options of "pointer location" or/and show touches as it makes it easy to see exactly what a faulty touchscreen Is reporting! no wonder random windows/menus would start opeining!!

P.S Unfortunately I've rooted the device so may not be able to get a warranty replacement :( I've searched and so far not found a method for restoring an original non voided bootloader for these devices.. I did however notice some interesting progress for the tegra 3 series though, where someone had worked out how to backup the original bootloader before rooting and then restore it after rooting, so there is hope..... if any devs here want to pursue that for the note 7 here's the link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1927818

If you have the latest version installed, you might get lucky. The bootloader doesn't really say your warranty is voided anymore, so if all the repair center does is reboot to the bootloader and check there they won't see anything.
Perhaps they have some internal tool to check that however, in that case you might no be so lucky. At least you could try to relock the bootloader before sending it off, as well as calling the manufacturer and ask them whether the hardware is still covered by warranty.

gtmgtm

Jun 29, 2014
seems mine is an older version and still has the bootloader warranty voided message. the customer support was very professional when I phoned and they approved me sending back for replacement (but I didn't mention the message)#!

I'm hoping that they'll either not check bootloader or realise this is a straightforward hardware error and replace it anyway.