[ROM] [5.1] [4.4.4] OmniROM Official Nightlies for p1ln

Where do you prefer /data partition local ?

• Onenand

Votes: 39 75.0%
  • Out of Onenand

Votes: 13 25.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

trondjl

May 27, 2007
Thank you, this has worked. Just out of curiosity, how does this issue arise?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yes I would like to know too if anyone knows. I have a useless internal sd card now, and it would be great to know how to avoid this on a second try :)

jim80b

Mar 29, 2011
Yes I would like to know too if anyone knows. I have a useless internal sd card now, and it would be great to know how to avoid this on a second try :)

will try to answer, but its my own opinion and will be incorrect
the tabs 16g is split up into sections. we only get to use 13ish
1stly, lets go back to GB partitions
we have system - where rom goes
app data - applications go here
cache - dalvik cache
user data - our internal sd

as android developed, things changed.
cache files became stored in app space. apps could go in user. we could move stuff from app to sd.
clever people used this cache space for other things. (see supercharger for example) eg swap space
(at one point the omni nightly had a huge app partiton)

now lollipop has done away with dalvik (moved to art) the cache partition is totally wasted
i would want this space back...
our great devs have done so and now we have
system
app data
user data

great, lollipop woo hoo

ahh... now you want to go back...
well all the previous roms expect one more partition...
i would guess the missing sd card is the last partition so expect the previous one (guessing cache) is 12G....
and cache is unused...
not good hey

using odin and ticking the repartition box will relay the partitions based on the boundary sizes specified in the pit file.
of course this means trashing ALL data on the tab.
which means we lose all partitions (recovery, modem)
the safestock files / etc will put a version back on.
then a custom recovery
then flash away....

-
been here for a while and dont need to post too often
the tab forum is better than others i also look on.
just a reminder, this is a nightly. i expect things to break,
and there's motivation on finding answers when you have bricked your device :)

trondjl

May 27, 2007
will try to answer, but its my own opinion and will be incorrect
the tabs 16g is split up into sections. we only get to use 13ish
1stly, lets go back to GB partitions
we have system - where rom goes
app data - applications go here
cache - dalvik cache
user data - our internal sd

as android developed, things changed.
cache files became stored in app space. apps could go in user. we could move stuff from app to sd.
clever people used this cache space for other things. (see supercharger for example) eg swap space
(at one point the omni nightly had a huge app partiton)

now lollipop has done away with dalvik (moved to art) the cache partition is totally wasted
i would want this space back...
our great devs have done so and now we have
system
app data
user data

great, lollipop woo hoo

ahh... now you want to go back...
well all the previous roms expect one more partition...
i would guess the missing sd card is the last partition so expect the previous one (guessing cache) is 12G....
and cache is unused...
not good hey

using odin and ticking the repartition box will relay the partitions based on the boundary sizes specified in the pit file.
of course this means trashing ALL data on the tab.
which means we lose all partitions (recovery, modem)
the safestock files / etc will put a version back on.
then a custom recovery
then flash away....

-
been here for a while and dont need to post too often
the tab forum is better than others i also look on.
just a reminder, this is a nightly. i expect things to break,
and there's motivation on finding answers when you have bricked your device :)
Hi Jim,

Thanks for a long and interesting answer.
For others having problems: I found out it failed because I did not use twrp recovery. I did not have to restock to retry, I just flashed omni 4.4.4(Has twrp) twice, every time booting directly to recovery , then flashing lollipop. Looks great so far!
Thanks @humberos and @salahmed

trondjl

May 27, 2007
Hi,

I am experiencing problems with storage on this Lollipop. I had to remove some programs to install new ones even though there is 11 gig free on the partition. The same way i had to delete some files on the internal disk to be able to copy new ones still with much free storage. Probably this also accounts for much of the unstability.

Any ideas?

ani55

May 15, 2011
Far, far away...
Hello, I am having a little bit of trouble flashing lollipop. When I try flashing it from 4.4.4 omni in twrp it gives me an error message saying I should flash the 'package.zip' from an external sd card, although when I try to flash from the ext-sd card it gives me the same error (something about an lvm partition if that helps). Can anyone please tell me what to do in this situation? Thanks in advance

trondjl

May 27, 2007
Hello, I am having a little bit of trouble flashing lollipop. When I try flashing it from 4.4.4 omni in twrp it gives me an error message saying I should flash the 'package.zip' from an external sd card, although when I try to flash from the ext-sd card it gives me the same error (something about an lvm partition if that helps). Can anyone please tell me what to do in this situation? Thanks in advance
Are you sure it was the same error? First time when you try flashing from ext it will exit just to warn you about the changing of partitions. Maybe it was that message the second time? If so just do it once more...

ani55

May 15, 2011
Far, far away...
Are you sure it was the same error? First time when you try flashing from ext it will exit just to warn you about the changing of partitions. Maybe it was that message the second time? If so just do it once more...

Yes, I have tried flashing more than once, it keeps giving me the same error, any ideas?

trondjl

May 27, 2007
Yes, I have tried flashing more than once, it keeps giving me the same error, any ideas?

I am no expert myself but it might help if you copy the complete error message here. Maybe someone have an idea. Also there is a log in the menu in twrp that might give more info on whats going on ☺

tatsuyuki

Nov 2, 2014
Hi,

I am experiencing problems with storage on this Lollipop. I had to remove some programs to install new ones even though there is 11 gig free on the partition. The same way i had to delete some files on the internal disk to be able to copy new ones still with much free storage. Probably this also accounts for much of the unstability.

Any ideas?
It is a cache problem
Clear cache of any apps

trondjl

May 27, 2007
It is a cache problem
Clear cache of any apps
Tanks for the suggestion. Yes I know some problems with apps is fixed with clearing cache. But the problem with using the storage remains a described. For example if I uninstall a program and clear the cache og play I can install a new program. But the next will fail if there is not enough space. Sometimes with error 492. Sometimes 502 if it goes full while downloading. It looks like i get to use about 2 gig of 14 gig storage before it fails. Just now settings/storage page tells me i have used about 2gig while file manager says i have used 1 gig(not seeing the apps i supect) and both copying files and installing programs have stopped working at the same time. Now also some programs get unstable until i delete files or uninstall a program...

kristalic

Mar 17, 2013
Moscow
trondjl,

I have a similar problem, I hope HUMBEROS knows about it, and will soon fix.
also may not be possible to include the WiFi adapter(cheboks not switched). treated clearing data application "Store contacts"

tatsuyuki

Nov 2, 2014
Tanks for the suggestion. Yes I know some problems with apps is fixed with clearing cache. But the problem with using the storage remains a described. For example if I uninstall a program and clear the cache og play I can install a new program. But the next will fail if there is not enough space. Sometimes with error 492. Sometimes 502 if it goes full while downloading. It looks like i get to use about 2 gig of 14 gig storage before it fails. Just now settings/storage page tells me i have used about 2gig while file manager says i have used 1 gig(not seeing the apps i supect) and both copying files and installing programs have stopped working at the same time. Now also some programs get unstable until i delete files or uninstall a program...
You can write to sdcard freely like obbs, music, movies, but the cache will fill up quickly, so the only solution is clearing cache of apps aggressively. @humberos

BTW If you feel it laggy install greenify:)

Last edited:

ani55

May 15, 2011
Far, far away...
I am no expert myself but it might help if you copy the complete error message here. Maybe someone have an idea. Also there is a log in the menu in twrp that might give more info on whats going on ☺

Thanks for the reply, I've got it working now, looks like twrp was just playing up.
P.S. how long did your first boot take you guys coming from kitkat? Mine has been on the omni logo for a while now (blinking android)

Last edited:

tatsuyuki

Nov 2, 2014
Thanks for the reply, I've got it working now, looks like twrp was just playing up.
P.S. how long did your first boot take you guys coming from kitkat? Mine has been on the omni logo for a while now (blinking android)
Waited for 30-45 min with gapps

tatsuyuki

Nov 2, 2014
Hey @humberos, you are trying to revert lvm layout.
Why? The tab is compitable with full gapps and i'd like to use it.
I will deal with the cache bug if I can have big space.
Please, keep the lvm.

der-mali

Apr 30, 2012
I get stuck in TWRP with touch not working :/

Hello, I had the same problem first with being stuck in the TWRP.
When in TWRP Wipe, doing a "factory reset".
Then flash a second time the ROM.

My Tab is now booting and I see the green Omni Android smiling at me :)

Well, if your touch screen isn't working in the TWRP this is surely a problem because then you can not factory reset and flash again :(

Last edited:

aalvico

Dec 28, 2010
São Paulo
Hello, I had the same problem first with being stuck in the TWRP.
When in TWRP Wipe, doing a "factory reset".
Then flash a second time the ROM.

My Tab is now booting and I see the green Omni Android smiling at me :)

Well, if your touch screen isn't working in the TWRP this is surely a problem because then you can not factory reset and flash again :(

Must have an easier way from restock but with the files I had I went to cm10 with that humberos kernel than to cm 11 to get newer cwm than omni 4.4 with a format of system than finally got twrp working

Last edited:

OsitKP

Oct 3, 2008
Novosibirsk
Reactions: Mjoelnir77

Top Liked Posts