[APP] [JustPictures] New version 6.3d beta!!! Updated 21/01/2012

Search This thread

diimaan

Oct 9, 2007
thinkingparticle.com
Hi, I am a Beta Tester for the application called JustPictures for android.

About JustPictures!

AlbumView.png
PhotoView.png

QR Code:

qrcode.png

Note: Market version will not be always the latest. To check the latest version, download the file attached below

Current features are the following:
# Fullscreen viewing with sensor based rotation,
# Slideshows and a Live Wallpaper on Android 2.1 devices,
# Zooming and panning capabilities with multitouch on 2.0+ devices, and one touch zoom on others
# Access to Exifs tags (if any),
# Good usage of network for updates,
# Managed cache, cache size can be limited to user defined value,
# Automatic notification of album updates (Picasa and Smugmug only),
# Authentication of users to access private albums, password protected albums are supported on Smugmug,
# Quick access to Favorite photos,
# Set image as wallpaper.

JustPictures is currently available in the following languages:
# Catalan: Pere Antoni Perelló
# Czech: Lada Riha
# Danish: Claus Erik Jensen
# English: Greg
# French: Greg
# German: Jörn
# Greek: Iris
# Hungarian: Antal Ferenc
# Italian: Andrea Guglielmi
# Polish: r4ven
# Simplified Chinese: Guo Zhao
# Spanish: Gonzalo Rodríguez Píriz
# Swedish: Ola Nygren
# Traditional Chinese: 葉又熒
# Turkish: Gürcan Çekiç

Some of you asked, so here it is : I just created a Paypal account at justpictures.developer@gmail.com, and I'm accepting donations.
JP will remain free and ads free on the market for the time being, although I believe it is becoming a quality application. Donating will not give you anything more, but you will feel like you did a good action :)
Your donations will be converted to beer (depending on volume) and hosting for the site.

Hi all,
Please note I created a new FAQ page on the site, available here : http://code.google.com/p/justpictures/wiki/FAQ
Please refer to it when you have a question, and submit new questions via email.

cheers
Greg

These are the features of the app available on market.
and there are many more updates coming on the beta version.

To support the developer in improving the app and handset compatibilites, I will be releasing the beta versions as soon as I come across one. And I will relay the consolidated reports to the dev.

Feel free to test and post the bugs/issues you came across!
Post/Suggest if there is any new feature requests too. Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you face any problem or bugs, it would be really helpful if you send me your log using this app
CatLog - Logcat Reader!
chart

Change Log for the Current Latest Version(Latest than the market version, thus beta or RC):

21/01/2012
6.3d Beta

Hey everyone !

Here is 6.3 beta :
Bug fixes (many small things)
File size and pixel size displayed in exifs for local photos
Adds the ability to prefetch photos in background over Wifi :
Long press the account you want to get synced in background, or create a new one
Check the prefetch option, and the tracking option and save
JP prefetches thumbnails and Medium sized photos in Background, over Wifi (not over 3G), every 10min (for now, I'll make that configurable)
The sync won't run if JP is in the foreground (avoids slowing down JP) and it will get interrupted if you open JP.
I'll add some sort of progress bar in notifications when I have the time.

*And this one stops the sync if you switch from Wifi to 3G, this avoids killing your data plan...

Please comment
Greg

Note: While posting the bugs just mention your handset model and OS.
eg: Xperia 2.1

Attachments

• JustPictures.apk
    1,000.7 KB · Views: 739
Last edited:

KoubaK

Aug 24, 2009
DMV
Will give it a try ... sounds like a cool app

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

pinhead875

Aug 4, 2010
Is there no option to delete a single picture while viewing it? I see the delete option while viewing the gallery, but not while viewing a single picture.

Otherwise, the crop for setting a contact picture via JP worked perfectly on my DX!

TREYisRAD

Jun 9, 2010
Ah, finally a decent picture app. Keep on improving it, please. I can't stand the stock Gallery.

Could you make it so the thumbnails are centered when viewing the pics inside an album? Perhaps various grid options.

Also, I can't seem to find the google cloud support, are you referring to picassa?

Multi/Batch delete would be excellent too.

Thanks!

martino2k6

Jul 31, 2009
London
martino2k6.wordpress.com
Great app, I didn't install the apk from this post, but from the market just a few minutes ago. I must say I'm rather impressed with it, but here are a couple of issues/ideas:

1) When the user is allowed to select a single option from multiple items, and where the option is stored in persistent storage for future use (such as sorting), it would be a lot better to use radio buttons so that the user can see the currently selected option.
2) Some kind of threshold in the settings for moving between pictures in full screen viewing mode would be nice. It may be just me, but I often find that I don't flick hard enough to move onto the next picture and it just stays on the current one. But it could be just my fingers being lazy :p
3) When resizing pictures to their original size in full screen viewing mode, the resizing seems to be done on the smaller picture rather than on the original. This leads to an ugly looking resize with lots of aliasing and other nasty amplifications.
4) When you set a display name for a remote account with the first letter in lower case it gets capitalised. How about letting the user to decide on this by not capitalising automatically?
5) On the HTC Desire the camera folder is called '100MEDIA', how about detecting this as the camera folder and putting it above all the listed albums?

Hope the stuff above helps. I've been getting rather frustrated with Gallery 3D lately, so maybe this might be just the one to replace it...

Last edited:

ijat91

Sep 7, 2010
this is apps stutter a bit when scrolling, hope it fix in the next update, i'm like it.
SGS Froyo

diimaan

Oct 9, 2007
thinkingparticle.com
Ah, finally a decent picture app. Keep on improving it, please. I can't stand the stock Gallery.

Could you make it so the thumbnails are centered when viewing the pics inside an album? Perhaps various grid options.

Also, I can't seem to find the google cloud support, are you referring to picassa?

Multi/Batch delete would be excellent too.

Thanks!

Hi thanks for your feedback. I couldn't test the google cloud backup as I am running on eclair.

This is for froyo droids only. It must be under the settings I guess.

diimaan

Oct 9, 2007
thinkingparticle.com
this is apps stutter a bit when scrolling, hope it fix in the next update, i'm like it.
SGS Froyo

Thanks for your feedback.
This is still under development, so hopefully it will get fixed in the future releases. :)

Nice and fast. Good gallery alternative.

Thank you.

Great app, I didn't install the apk from this post, but from the market just a few minutes ago. I must say I'm rather impressed with it, but here are a couple of issues/ideas:

1) When the user is allowed to select a single option from multiple items, and where the option is stored in persistent storage for future use (such as sorting), it would be a lot better to use radio buttons so that the user can see the currently selected option.
2) Some kind of threshold in the settings for moving between pictures in full screen viewing mode would be nice. It may be just me, but I often find that I don't flick hard enough to move onto the next picture and it just stays on the current one. But it could be just my fingers being lazy :p
3) When resizing pictures to their original size in full screen viewing mode, the resizing seems to be done on the smaller picture rather than on the original. This leads to an ugly looking resize with lots of aliasing and other nasty amplifications.
4) When you set a display name for a remote account with the first letter in lower case it gets capitalised. How about letting the user to decide on this by not capitalising automatically?
5) On the HTC Desire the camera folder is called '100MEDIA', how about detecting this as the camera folder and putting it above all the listed albums?

Hope the stuff above helps. I've been getting rather frustrated with Gallery 3D lately, so maybe this might be just the one to replace it...

Thanks for your feedback, I will surely relay the info to the developer. Meanwhile you can test the apk posted from here. this is the latest beta, 5.4g
while market version is 5.3. You can just upgrade over that one.

As you are running froyo(my guess) you can test the google cloud backup functionality as well. :)

Thanks.

Top notch app! funny cause I was mad after the stock gallery yesterday and today I get this! :)

Thank you, hope you like this app better than the default one. :)

diimaan

Oct 9, 2007
thinkingparticle.com

For this I guess you can change the Maximum Resolution to Original under

Settings->Display Settings->Maximum Resolution->Original;

please let me know if it works or not!

MaximilianPs

Jan 7, 2009
Pesaro
hey put a screenshot !
does it have a widget too ?
i'm looking for an alternative Gallery Widget, 'cause the HTC Sense Gallery widget is lagging :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I am a Beta Tester for the application called JustPictures for android.

About JustPictures!

AlbumView.png
    PhotoView.png

QR Code:

qrcode.png

Note: Market version will not be always the latest. To check the latest version, download the file attached below

Current features are the following:
    # Fullscreen viewing with sensor based rotation,
    # Slideshows and a Live Wallpaper on Android 2.1 devices,
    # Zooming and panning capabilities with multitouch on 2.0+ devices, and one touch zoom on others
    # Access to Exifs tags (if any),
    # Good usage of network for updates,
    # Managed cache, cache size can be limited to user defined value,
    # Automatic notification of album updates (Picasa and Smugmug only),
    # Authentication of users to access private albums, password protected albums are supported on Smugmug,
    # Quick access to Favorite photos,
    # Set image as wallpaper.

JustPictures is currently available in the following languages:
    # Catalan: Pere Antoni Perelló
    # Czech: Lada Riha
    # Danish: Claus Erik Jensen
    # English: Greg
    # French: Greg
    # German: Jörn
    # Greek: Iris
    # Hungarian: Antal Ferenc
    # Italian: Andrea Guglielmi
    # Polish: r4ven
    # Simplified Chinese: Guo Zhao
    # Spanish: Gonzalo Rodríguez Píriz
    # Swedish: Ola Nygren
    # Traditional Chinese: 葉又熒
    # Turkish: Gürcan Çekiç

Some of you asked, so here it is : I just created a Paypal account at justpictures.developer@gmail.com, and I'm accepting donations.
    JP will remain free and ads free on the market for the time being, although I believe it is becoming a quality application. Donating will not give you anything more, but you will feel like you did a good action :)
    Your donations will be converted to beer (depending on volume) and hosting for the site.

Hi all,
    Please note I created a new FAQ page on the site, available here : http://code.google.com/p/justpictures/wiki/FAQ
    Please refer to it when you have a question, and submit new questions via email.

cheers
    Greg

These are the features of the app available on market.
    and there are many more updates coming on the beta version.

To support the developer in improving the app and handset compatibilites, I will be releasing the beta versions as soon as I come across one. And I will relay the consolidated reports to the dev.

Feel free to test and post the bugs/issues you came across!
    Post/Suggest if there is any new feature requests too. Thanks.

If you face any problem or bugs, it would be really helpful if you send me your log using this app
    CatLog - Logcat Reader!
    chart

Change Log for the Current Latest Version(Latest than the market version, thus beta or RC):

21/01/2012
    6.3d Beta

Hey everyone !

Here is 6.3 beta :
    Bug fixes (many small things)
    File size and pixel size displayed in exifs for local photos
    Adds the ability to prefetch photos in background over Wifi :
    Long press the account you want to get synced in background, or create a new one
    Check the prefetch option, and the tracking option and save
    JP prefetches thumbnails and Medium sized photos in Background, over Wifi (not over 3G), every 10min (for now, I'll make that configurable)
    The sync won't run if JP is in the foreground (avoids slowing down JP) and it will get interrupted if you open JP.
    I'll add some sort of progress bar in notifications when I have the time.

*And this one stops the sync if you switch from Wifi to 3G, this avoids killing your data plan...

Please comment
    Greg

Note: While posting the bugs just mention your handset model and OS.
    eg: Xperia 2.1
    Your change log says the year is 2012, but it's 2010 right? :p
    Very nice app. Thanks!
    Finally a fairly good picture viewer

But it FC when trying to open a picture from ES File Explorer on Rooted HTC Desire Stock firmware 2.2
    Your change log says the year is 2012, but it's 2010 right? :p

sorry about tht! now we're back in 2010! ;)

But it FC when trying to open a picture from ES File Explorer on Rooted HTC Desire Stock firmware 2.2

I just forwarded your issue. Thanks and check the latest beta.