[Q] cant import sim contacts

Search This thread

Ne-oL

Apr 26, 2012
Al-Ain
hello
im a new member here(old watcher xD), and this is my first post, i would hate to make it about asking for help instead of saying hi but im having this problem/s for a while now and its really getting on my nerves, (please excuse my mistakes since english is not my first language)
here is the story:
i bought at&t locked atrix 2 (GSM), bought unlock code and did long research for the last couple of days about the whole android OS roms (IOS user :D)
and im using the phone now (unlocked) with our carrier Etisalat and it works great but my problems are as follows:
1- it always connect to 4g which i think is consuming more battery and sometimes the coverage is weak so i wish to turn it to 2g or at least 3g if 2g not possible (tried to change it from settings but the option is grayed and also downloaded apps and widgets and still the same)
2-whenever i reboot the phone or close it and then open it, i get a notification that says: "sim card full, delete messages to free space"(every single time), and i have no messages at all (in the sim and outside the sim) and i only have 52 contacts in the sim, which leads us to my third problem
3- i have contacts in the sim but i cant import them because accoring to the phone "there is no contacts on your sim card", and the funny part is i can access them from the same phone thru an app called SIM Toolkit (not sure but i think it comes embedded inside the sim) but the app does not import them or make me copy them, just watch them and if i want i can write them on paper xD, and also it show that the sim can contain 2000 name
200 email
200 number
all of them are empty except the names field which has 52 name.
by the way those three problems have traveled with me thru the roms xD
stock, supercharged, supercharged v2, stock deoxed, and finally victory(the best :cool:) so i dont think its a problem with the roms.
also i tried to leave the AT&T bloatware but nothing changed.
i hope i can find the solution/s with you guys & sorry for the long paragraph.

strider28304

Feb 8, 2010
I had the same problem with the phone not reading the contacts on the sim card. What I did was install a free app call Sim Contacts from google play. I selected all the contacts and from the app setting, selected batch operation to "batch copy to phone contacts" However if you reset the data on your phone, it needs to be done again. I hope this help.

Reactions: Ne-oL

Ne-oL

Apr 26, 2012
Al-Ain

thanks for the help, and i did try to use several programs (yours included)but non worked.
anyway i tried to take the sim and use it on my old nokia phone and after couple tries it finally showed up that there is messages in the sim :D and i deleted the hell out of them xD and when i returned the sim, the phone never showed up that message again :D and not only that but it also made the contacts visible to the phone and i could import them and everything worked out :))))

however there is still the first problem not solved yet and any help would be truly appreciated ?
why is the choice of changing the network type (4g,3g,2g) greyed out ?

Ne-oL

Apr 26, 2012
Al-Ain
finally solved all the problems

it really saddens me that no one tried to help me except one (has my sincere gratitude) and i finally found a solution to my problem with changing the network type, the sad thing is that no one helped me out (yep im b!#@%ing about it), the good or even funny thing is that i found the solution here in the forums by other XDA members (after 4 hours or searching), and im posting this now because someone else might be needing help regarding this subject:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1103967
thanks XDA:)

Reactions: cogeary

kirkgbr

Nov 16, 2011
it really saddens me that no one tried to help me except one (has my sincere gratitude) and i finally found a solution to my problem with changing the network type, the sad thing is that no one helped me out (yep im b!#@%ing about it), the good or even funny thing is that i found the solution here in the forums by other XDA members (after 4 hours or searching), and im posting this now because someone else might be needing help regarding this subject:

You worked it out on your own and found he solution by searching. Good job!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had the same problem with the phone not reading the contacts on the sim card. What I did was install a free app call Sim Contacts from google play. I selected all the contacts and from the app setting, selected batch operation to "batch copy to phone contacts" However if you reset the data on your phone, it needs to be done again. I hope this help.
    finally solved all the problems