[Q] Is there anyway to get Sims Freeplay to work on my rooted Nook HD?

Search This thread

spally76

Feb 2, 2014
Hi,

I'm really hoping someone can help or at the very least, put me out of my misery. My little girl loves playing Sims Freeplay that I downloaded from the Play Store onto my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7". So, we purchased a Nook HD for Christmas for her. After switching on for the first time, and loading the Play Store, Sims Freeplay didnt even appear on the Play Store. After searching through google it came up with the error message 'Your device isnt compatible with this version'.

After searching online, it was suggested that a rooted Nook HD would allow access to all Play Store Apps. So, I followed the root instructions on this site and downloaded CM 10-1-3 with all of the other relevant programs and installed. Everything went fine and I have a rooted Nook HD, great. Unfortunately, this has not solved the problem of Sims Freeplay. It still doesnt appear on the Play Store and when accessing it via Google it still gives the same error message.

Other users have suggested changing the LCD dpi resolution to 240 but this is the resolution already installed on CM 10-1-3. I have also tried changing it to 320 and 170 (which I believe is the dpi for the Samsung Tab 2 7") but with no joy.

Is there actually a way around this problem because if there isnt I would rather know as this was the main reason for buying my daughter her own tablet in the first place. Should I sell it and replace with a compatible device or is there something I have missed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I cannot find a solution anywhere.

Stuart.

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
There is a way to get the game on your HD device with CM installed (through the 1mobile.com store), which I tried, but it would not run. It said it could not connect to the EA server and to contact customer support. You might want to try a different device.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

rhyang

May 16, 2013
SJC
One thing to try is grabbing the APK for the app from your compatible tablet and then sideloading it on your HD. I do this sometimes on my Nexus 7 for the Comcast email/accounts app, then move it to my HD+ and install it. The app I use to grab the APK is called "APK Fetcher" in the play store.

That said, the app may or may not run well on your HD, but it doesn't cost anything to try.

Oops, posted at the same time as Leapinlar (who would know better). Only other thought is: I wonder if the game would run on stock ? You can sideload apps on stock without root.

Last edited:

spally76

Feb 2, 2014
One thing to try is grabbing the APK for the app from your compatible tablet and then sideloading it on your HD. I do this sometimes on my Nexus 7 for the Comcast email/accounts app, then move it to my HD+ and install it. The app I use to grab the APK is called "APK Fetcher" in the play store.

That said, the app may or may not run well on your HD, but it doesn't cost anything to try.

Oops, posted at the same time as Leapinlar (who would know better). Only other thought is: I wonder if the game would run on stock ? You can sideload apps on stock without root.

Seems strange, some people claim to have got it working by changing the LCD DPI which I have tried myself both up and down but it has done nothing. Do you think that DPI would have anything to do with why the device is coming up as incompatible?.

Someone else suggested installing a modded version of Play Store which is claimed to get rid of the problem but to be honest I dont really understand that process.

It's annoying that a tablet that I found to be inferior to the Nook HD (Samsung Tab 2 7") works perfectly but the Nook HD doesnt work at all (neither does the Nook HD+ for that matter I think).

Stuart.