[Q] RUU backwards from the 4.13.651.1

Search This thread

kdkirk08

Jul 22, 2013
has anybody tried too RUU backwards after taking the 4.3 update?
about to give it a try. i havent seen anybody post about it yet, other than "try it and tell us how it goes"

okay i just did it using viperuu and it was good. no problems

Last edited:

kdkirk08

Jul 22, 2013
Excellent. Thanks for testing!

not a problem, on a side note the only reason i ran the RUU was because my bluetooth stopped working. it worked on the odex version but when i flashed the deodex of 4.3 it stopped. (clean flash btw) so i swapped back to the odex version and it still didnt work. RUU'd and still nothing. taken it back to sprint in the morning.

but yes you can switch back to older firmware fine with no problems.

AarSyl

This is just an FYI for anyone who wants to use VipeRUU, but can't get it to work, or doesn't have access to a computer. If you open the zip file, you will find a file called "rom.zip." If you change this filename to PJ75IMG.zip, and place it on the root of your ext sd card, it will run the entire RUU as normal.

It also leaves your bootloader unlocked. I used this to return back to stock (in appearance) and get Sprint to order my a new phone. :):D:) Now, I'm back on Sense 5, fully restored in under an hour (without a nandroid).

jlechner

Jan 23, 2008
Kansas City
For the sake of being precautions, I can do the unofficial update from captain and then viperuu to go back to older roms. Correct?

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

kdkirk08

Jul 22, 2013
With the new firmware you can only run his sense 5 Rom or chubz 5.5
But if you need to go back to older roms without the updated partitions (or want to) you can run viperuu to get back.

Reactions: jlechner

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    has anybody tried too RUU backwards after taking the 4.3 update?
    about to give it a try. i havent seen anybody post about it yet, other than "try it and tell us how it goes"

okay i just did it using viperuu and it was good. no problems
    This is just an FYI for anyone who wants to use VipeRUU, but can't get it to work, or doesn't have access to a computer. If you open the zip file, you will find a file called "rom.zip." If you change this filename to PJ75IMG.zip, and place it on the root of your ext sd card, it will run the entire RUU as normal.

It also leaves your bootloader unlocked. I used this to return back to stock (in appearance) and get Sprint to order my a new phone. :):D:) Now, I'm back on Sense 5, fully restored in under an hour (without a nandroid).
    Excellent. Thanks for testing!
    Correct

With the new firmware you can only run his sense 5 Rom or chubz 5.5
    But if you need to go back to older roms without the updated partitions (or want to) you can run viperuu to get back.