[Q] Field Test / Native Toast Launcher Cyan

Search This thread

kramnod

Mar 11, 2010
Metro Manila
OK, So I guess no one posted this yet on our 1520 thread, I think this is one of the most useful tool for a power user when it comes to cellular data. This is not for all people but I believe that a lot would benefit from this...

##3282 or ##3282# were available on some Lumia 1520 on Windows Black; so far, from what I tried Vietnam Rom has this feature but unfortunately 4G is disabled on that rom which made it useless to take advantage faster speeds that 4G LTE can provide.

Native Toast Launcher was an alternative for those ROM that does not support the dial code ##3282+call/ ##3282#. You need to have a developer unlocked phone to be able to deploy the Xap file and install it like a regular application. Unfortunately the Launcher stopped working after the Cyan update 8.1.

I'm making this thread so that anyone who'll be able to develop one (Native Toast Launcher) for this can post or share their knowledge here. Take note this is for Cyan

Please post updates here if your ROM supports the field test still after the Cyan update. Right now I don't know if Vietnam Rom still has this with Cyan update but it was reported that those that had "developer upgrade" to Cyan still has the Dial Code Field Test option, however I would also want to validate if it now supports LTE.

Please Post your "Product Code and Country Region" so that other will be able to flash to that Rom.

Thanks.

Ligeia

Feb 1, 2012
trash bin
i saw someone on facebook with lumia 1520 cyan with working field test...rom is telus canada...haven't tried it personally

edit...after watching the video again...it was a 1020...

Last edited:
Reactions: kramnod

kramnod

Mar 11, 2010
Metro Manila
i saw someone on facebook with lumia 1520 cyan with working field test...rom is telus canada...haven't tried it personally

I already found a solution:

Download and flash Vietnam Rom; Windows Black 1520; update to Cyan

Field test works, lock on network works..

The only thing is that under settings; cellular you won't have the option to set highest connection speed to 4G, but you can manually set it to get 2g, 3g, 4g, combination or one network under field test.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "Unfortunately the Launcher stopped working after the Cyan update 8.1."
    Not since Lumia Cyan, only since WP8.1 ;)

On my NL1520 with 059V276 (VAR FR CV), not launch Fiel Test.
    Furthermore, a thread has already been started for Field Test http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2738336 ;)