Motorola Root cliq 2

Search This thread

Zantiszar

Jan 27, 2011
Carolina
Happy to say that the latest version of z4root works with the new motorola cliq 2 and in permanent root option plus also gives you the unroot and reroot options also ;) so thnks again for the developer of z4root for making such an awesome root option :D

Zantiszar

Jan 27, 2011
Carolina
I hope it gets a dev section (crosses fingers) on it and about the kernel ive been searching up and down and nothing has turned up i would even love if just an overclock solution is made cause i love the ui on it but would really love to see it at 1.3Ghz which would be awesome

Sent from my MB611 (Cliq 2)

ratchetjaw

Jan 26, 2009
is there something to require? I downloaded z4 and run the permanent root and it just runs with the wheell then stops ?:confused:

trendkill3388

Aug 18, 2011
Any time I tried to use z4root on my Cliq 2, it would completely freeze the phone. I tried a number of different trouble shooting steps (battery pull, restart after installing, running it in airplane mode with and without wifi, gps, and bluetooth enabled), and every time, same result.

I found another method that's intended for the Droid, Droid 2, and Droid X, that uses the terminal emulator app, and it pretty much did the same thing.

Finally, I decided to try Gingerbreak for no real reason other than I hadn't tried it yet and was out of ideas. Five minutes later, I had a rooted phone.

amauris123

Sep 15, 2011
i can,t root it

hey i can,t root my motorola cliq 2 with z4root, some body could tell me if is posible to get rooted with z4root

Kiladar

Aug 1, 2011
Ogden
T-Mobile Motorola androids

Most motorola androids can be rooted via rage against the cage. will test moto cliq 2 upon arrival

wogeboy

Feb 25, 2012
Atlanta
Any Gingerbread ROMS out there for the Cliq2?
The wife and I have had it with the Blur stuff.. gettin ready to sell these and get something else.
I have rooted and rom'd past motorolas but the cliq2 seems to have little interest. (or a "how to" sticky to root rom cliq2)
Thanks!! Love the Site! :D

Last edited:

cruser12

Nov 3, 2012
spokane
HI all i have a cliq 2 on t-mobile network but i use walmart family mobile they just jump on there towers. I had a question is there a root method for the CLIQ 2 runing gingerbread 2.3.6. i cant find one and i have apps that will not work on family mobile because they dont support it. i would like to ride myself of them. or install a difrent op. If you all can help would be awesome thank you and god bless.