Case that will fit over OEM Wireless charging cover

Search This thread

kjinmn

Nov 26, 2013
Minneapolis, MN, USA
I got the Tylt-Vu wireless charging Dock and the OEM Samsung Charging back cover for xmas. They work AWESOME together, but my I-Blason over now does not want to fit so well on my Note 3. Does anyone know of a descent cover/protector that will fit on the Note 3 with the OEM Charging back cover?
I use and like the Diztronic TPU cover. On Amazon, they offer it in a matte black, and a clear gloss. My post count is too low to post outside links here, but just search for "note 3 diztronic". Both will show up.

It fits nicely with the OEM charging battery cover.

I used the same (appropriate version) case for my Motorola Photon for 2 years, and loved it. Super durable, goes in and out of pockets easily, doesn't collect dust like silicone, and has excellent finger grip on a glossy smooth texture. That said, the gloss has better finger grip than the matte finish (though this seems counter-intuitive) in my hands. I use the clear gloss on my black note 3 and it gives it a raw aluminum color. I have seen the clear on white, and it looks white.

For under $10, it is hard to argue with.

FormeriPhoney

Jan 19, 2011
I use and like the Diztronic TPU cover. On Amazon, they offer it in a matte black, and a clear gloss. My post count is too low to post outside links here, but just search for "note 3 diztronic". Both will show up.

It fits nicely with the OEM charging battery cover.

I used the same (appropriate version) case for my Motorola Photon for 2 years, and loved it. Super durable, goes in and out of pockets easily, doesn't collect dust like silicone, and has excellent finger grip on a glossy smooth texture. That said, the gloss has better finger grip than the matte finish (though this seems counter-intuitive) in my hands. I use the clear gloss on my black note 3 and it gives it a raw aluminum color. I have seen the clear on white, and it looks white.

For under $10, it is hard to argue with.

This one? How good is the fit. I've been searching high and low for one that fits this backplate

Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Retail Packaging by Diztronic http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F3KP156/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_F-g2sb15G76CQ

FormeriPhoney

Jan 19, 2011
Yes that good as well its just more convenient and consistent with the OEM backplate. I also have that one but I purchaed the techmatte one.
I go through 2 batteries a day so switching the battery and having to pull and reset the charging receiver was annoying.

votum

Jul 31, 2008
Yes that good as well its just more convenient and consistent with the OEM backplate. I also have that one but I purchaed the techmatte one.
I go through 2 batteries a day so switching the battery and having to pull and reset the charging receiver was annoying.

If you can't fit normal cases on its not very consistent lol.

Philly Jim

Aug 27, 2011
Broomall, Pa

I've been searching for the exact same solution ...I have multiple wireless chargers , and I also have the adaptor that fit's over the oem battery , it is a pain in the but to refit the adapter for lack of a better word everytime you swap out batteries especially since I use tape to keep it secure , so I went and got the oem wireless charging backcover , love it ..... but like yourself really would like a case , or even a wrap ......pls keep me posted if you find one that fits .............By the way does that diztronics one work.......?:confused:

kjinmn

Nov 26, 2013
Minneapolis, MN, USA
I've been searching for the exact same solution ...I have multiple wireless chargers , and I also have the adaptor that fit's over the oem battery , it is a pain in the but to refit the adapter for lack of a better word everytime you swap out batteries especially since I use tape to keep it secure , so I went and got the oem wireless charging backcover , love it ..... but like yourself really would like a case , or even a wrap ......pls keep me posted if you find one that fits .............By the way does that diztronics one work.......?:confused:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49553998&highlight=diztronic#post49553998
He addressed your question at the above link.

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly

Being serious here... but,

How in the hell do you go through 2 batteries in a day? I am still on the stock ROM Rooted with TWRP and just the bloat frozen in TiBu and i get about 10-11 hours of on screen time a day on my note 3 stock battery. I will surf the web for about 1.5 to 2 hours a day, watch my slingbox for up to 4 hours maybe 30-45 min of YouTube a day and maybe a couple hours of music. I go home with 35-40% battery. I don't use WiFi until I'm home.

Now granted i restrict data on most things in the data usage area and only sync email once an hour and i turn off location services unless i need them. I also manually update my contacts (just when i add a new contact) but i still put my phone through the ringer so to speak and can't kill it yet.

Last edited:

FormeriPhoney

Jan 19, 2011
Being serious here... but,

How in the hell do you go through 2 batteries in a day? I am still on the stock ROM Rooted with TWRP and just the bloat frozen in TiBu and i get about 10-11 hours of on screen time a day on my note 3 stock battery. I will surf the web for about 1.5 to 2 hours a day, watch my slingbox for up to 4 hours maybe 30-45 min of YouTube a day and maybe a couple hours of music. I go home with 35-40% battery. I don't use WiFi until I'm home.

Now granted i restrict data on most things in the data usage area and only sync email once an hour and i turn off location services unless i need them. I also manually update my contacts (just when i add a new contact) but i still put my phone through the ringer so to speak and can't kill it yet.

I use maps for atleast 4 hours a day at work. You cripple your data usage half the time and your bragging?

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly
I use maps for atleast 4 hours a day at work. You cripple your data usage half the time and your bragging?

No not bragging. Just explaining my setup. Maps will kill the battery yeah but 4 hours a day is ton, but why not just plug in? Also, I use my location when I need it. Some days it's on all the time most it's not. Why let it waste battery if not needing it.

I just don't like my phone draining if I'm not using services. I use NFC tags so when I need stuff I tap the tag and it toggles my services?

But that's cool I was just wondering what you did to use that much battery. I was just thinking 4 hours or more of video streaming would equal the maps usage but maybe not.

kjinmn

Nov 26, 2013
Minneapolis, MN, USA
I agree that map use can really drain you fast. That was the primary thing that got me used to using a car dock. Not sure if you saw my build thread, but since we have the same phone, OEM cover, and case, along with similar usage, you might want to check it out. It will certainly work for you if you don't already have something that will work to keep you charged while using NAV features. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49542102&postcount=224

F350-6

Sep 5, 2012
Texas
Subscribing. I tried one of those stick on wireless charging receivers. It was finicky to use with a case on and quite working after only a couple of months. Got the new back yesterday. Now I just need a case that will fit.

ntellegence

Nov 30, 2006
I use the Tech21 case. It's snug and you have to work it a little but once on premium protection. I'm referring to the soft plastic. I have blue, smoke, and clear.

kamfl610

Apr 8, 2011
Since I'm in Europe and have to go thru a different Amazon or ebay, I was not able to find the diztronic case here. So anyone has anyone else found a similar one?

Top Liked Posts