Lag or Screen Problem?

Search This thread

postnobil

Sep 29, 2012
Hey guys. I own a Sony Xperia U and I've had it since September of 2012. The phone has had its fair share of being dropped. I've also rooted it and I have tried different ROMs. I feel that my touch screen has a problem. I have a bit of difficulty when writing new messages, when I tap on a letter, sometimes it doesn't respond. Same with playing games, say for example, Flappy Bird. Whenever I tap, it doesn't always respond to my tap. I'm saying that I can only "feel" that it is a touch screen problem because I also think that it could simply be lag? I've tried using different roms, going back to stock but the problem persists. I've tried modifying the sensitivity of the screen but I don't think it really did change. What do you guys think? Is it the touch screen itself or could it be lag? What do you guys suggest? Thanks!

DH4NU5H

Nov 25, 2013
Try removing screen guard if it's old (sometimes old roughly type screen guard creates problems) and clear as much as ram possible, check Touch Screen in service tests
*#*#7378423#*#*
So u can know if it is touch or lag.

# Sent from my Xperia ST25i #

postnobil

Sep 29, 2012
Well I tried the service test, when I tap on the phone once, sometimes the white mark doesn't appear. Doodling shows marks however, but not sure if it has a sort of lag or something. I've tried going back to stock rom before, the problem didn't go away. Also I've removed the screen guard.