[Q] i want to root & install cwm without unlocking bootloader

Search This thread

Quasar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 3, 2013
Mumbai
You can't root without unlocking the bootloader. Bootloader is a sort of a security lock to prevent any messing about with the firmware.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

azhar.munshi

Apr 11, 2011
You can't root without unlocking the bootloader. Bootloader is a sort of a security lock to prevent any messing about with the firmware.

Can u check link that its guide for installing recovery then if I flash kernel through recovery then it will root on lock boot loader

In Sony its possible that we can root without unlocking boot loader

Please reply
I don't want to lose my warranty

Thanks in advance

Quasar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 3, 2013
Mumbai
Even the method in the link requires an unlocked bootloader. You can't root without unlocking the bootloader. Either way of you root you'll lose your warranty.

Reactions: metpolds

metpolds

Jun 11, 2011
@azhar.munshi.... It can't be stated more plainly than @rudi_j7 has put it ----YOU CANNOT ROOT OR INSTALL A CUSTOM RECOVERY WITHOUT UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER ---- it is no use trying to quote links stating how it is done to Moto G devices because those links don't exist, and what is the point of quoting "Sony" devices when we are dealing with the Motorola Moto G.

Reactions: Quasar

Darkshado

Apr 16, 2011
Montréal
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Nexus 6
Rooting without unlocking the bootloader usually involves an unpatched exploit of some kind. An OTA could make you lose root on a permanent basis, and you may or may not be able to flash kernels, which would be an issue for custom ROMs.

Either way, no such method has been posted for the Moto G yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Even the method in the link requires an unlocked bootloader. You can't root without unlocking the bootloader. Either way of you root you'll lose your warranty.

@azhar.munshi.... It can't be stated more plainly than @rudi_j7 has put it ----YOU CANNOT ROOT OR INSTALL A CUSTOM RECOVERY WITHOUT UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER ---- it is no use trying to quote links stating how it is done to Moto G devices because those links don't exist, and what is the point of quoting "Sony" devices when we are dealing with the Motorola Moto G.