[Q] Multirom and Android L question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ariawesome

Dec 30, 2010
Hi,
Currently I am running PA 4.4 Final but would like to use multirom in order to also gain access to Android L preview. I have read that I should do a factory reset before installing the Android L preview as a secondary ROM, but I would like to be able to keep all my data in my primary PA ROM. Is it possible to do a factory reset before installing L without losing everything in PA?

LDH2K10

May 23, 2013
Gainsborough
I am currently running Android L right now using multirom and haven't had to do any factory reset.

Here's what I did: I downloaded the flashable zip for Android L. Booted into my recovery, went to multirom, added the .zip for Android L and installed it, set it up and I still have my other main ROM (Graviton) to boot into.

*EDIT* or you could go old school and do a full back up of PA and then install Android L, see what you think and then restore PA after you've checked out Android L. Best to do the multirom method though as there's no fussing about :).

So no factory data reset with this method.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: ariawesome

ariawesome

Dec 30, 2010
I am currently running Android L right now using multirom and haven't had to do any factory reset.

Here's what I did: I downloaded the flashable zip for Android L. Booted into my recovery, went to multirom, added the .zip for Android L and installed it, set it up and I still have my other main ROM (Graviton) to boot into.

*EDIT* or you could go old school and do a full back up of PA and then install Android L, see what you think and then restore PA after you've checked out Android L. Best to do the multirom method though as there's no fussing about :).

Ok. I had just read that it was supposedly more stable after doing a factory reset. I did a full nandroid backup of everything even boot and efs so I guess there is no harm in trying it out without a factory rest. Thanks.

LDH2K10

May 23, 2013
Gainsborough
Ok. I had just read that it was supposedly more stable after doing a factory reset. I did a full nandroid backup of everything even boot and efs so I guess there is no harm in trying it out without a factory rest. Thanks.

Yeah it would be more stable, as you will have to flash the new radio and kernel that's been modified for root access. However I only flashed through multirom to see what the new version was like. Not to use as a proper daily ROM like I do this one.

Take a look at Wugfesh Nexus Root Toolkit: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

You may find this more helpful for backups and any other useful features. Its a great program to use, no doubt about it :).

Current Device: LG Google
Nexus 5
ROM: Graviton V3.2 <3
Build: 4.4.4
Tweaks: Bionic & Dalvik Optimised Volume Boost Mod
Undervolted -50mV
300mHZ At 700mV
Under clocked At 1497mHZ
Kernel: Franco Kernel R54
Build.prop Tweaks Applied

shhbz

Jul 19, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Searching...
Hi,
Currently I am running PA 4.4 Final but would like to use multirom in order to also gain access to Android L preview. I have read that I should do a factory reset before installing the Android L preview as a secondary ROM, but I would like to be able to keep all my data in my primary PA ROM. Is it possible to do a factory reset before installing L without losing everything in PA?
if you want to install it as secondary rom through multirom just flash as an additional rom no need of wipe it will work fine

Reactions: LDH2K10

ariawesome

Dec 30, 2010
Thanks guys. I got it running perfectly. I don't think I will use it as a daily driver but it is very nice to have it to mess around with every once in a while. PA is just too stable and smooth to switch to the Android L preview.

Reactions: LDH2K10

LDH2K10

May 23, 2013
Gainsborough
Just thought.. I'm slow XD. But you can set radio.img using multirom settings from recovery. That way you'll be able to use it mostly functional. Of course its not gonna be fully stable on developer release, but yeah its something to mess about with :D.

Current Device: LG Google
Nexus 5
ROM: Graviton V3.2 <3
Build: 4.4.4
Tweaks: Bionic & Dalvik Optimised Volume Boost Mod
Undervolted -50mV
300mHZ At 700mV
Under clocked At 1497mHZ
Kernel: Franco Kernel R54
Build.prop Tweaks Applied

Saqib Nazm

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 3, 2012
Virginia, USA
There is already a thread regarding Android L discussion/questions HERE Please continue there and Search a bit before opening a thread, Closed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi,
    if you want to install it as secondary rom through multirom just flash as an additional rom no need of wipe it will work fine
    Thanks guys. I got it running perfectly. I don't think I will use it as a daily driver but it is very nice to have it to mess around with every once in a while. PA is just too stable and smooth to switch to the Android L preview.