[LOGO] Remove the bootloader unlocked warning

Search This thread

Darkshado

Apr 16, 2011
Montréal
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Nexus 6
2015-07-22 Update: added the Lollipop logo file.

Hello,

This file is simply the XT1045 US retail 4.4.3 (21.23.4.peregrine_retus.retus.en.US retus) mmcblk0p27 partition dumped, cropped of about 3 MB of null content, and modified (as per this thread) so that those of us here with unlocked bootloaders aren't required to stare at the original ominous legalese, which we've agreed to anyway.

Decompress and install with:
Code:
fastboot flash logo peregrine_logo_mod.bin

Those who want a recovery-flashable zip are free to head over to @ffosilva's thread and make one based on his.

Enjoy,

Darkshado

Attachments

• peregrine5.1_logo_mod.7z
    45 KB · Views: 3,763
  • peregrine4.4_logo_mod.7z
    185.2 KB · Views: 880
Last edited:

vpnair

Jun 12, 2010
Melbourne
I have 4G XT1039 (EU). I've downloaded the stock firmware RET-EU-SS_4.4.3_KXB21.14-L1.31. Should I use fastboot flash logo from the stock firmware or from the file you have provided? Will it work / is there any difference? Thanks.

EDIT: Yours worked fine. I gather XT1045 is almost identical except for 4G/LTE bands.
EDIT2: I have flashed the logo.bin file located in the zip's from these logos. Includes the stock and others. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2686441

Last edited:

masantula

May 4, 2011
Would this work even if i am on 4.4.4?

EDIT:
Never mind, worked...great job. Thanks

Last edited:

martinisok

Mar 31, 2014
I have rooted my moto g 4g xt1039 uk and got cwm
I used fastboot. Here it says mfastboot is that a different way to do it?
Not quite sure.

ahmedteling

Jan 21, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
plz reply
i have moto g 4g xt1039 with latest bootloader and baseband files

if i flash this will i have to wait the logo animation ?

i want to remove the warning and gain time , its useless to wait a longer animation !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2015-07-22 Update: added the Lollipop logo file.

Hello,

This file is simply the XT1045 US retail 4.4.3 (21.23.4.peregrine_retus.retus.en.US retus) mmcblk0p27 partition dumped, cropped of about 3 MB of null content, and modified (as per this thread) so that those of us here with unlocked bootloaders aren't required to stare at the original ominous legalese, which we've agreed to anyway.

Decompress and install with:
    Code:
    fastboot flash logo peregrine_logo_mod.bin

Those who want a recovery-flashable zip are free to head over to @ffosilva's thread and make one based on his.

Enjoy,

Darkshado
    I have 4G XT1039 (EU). I've downloaded the stock firmware RET-EU-SS_4.4.3_KXB21.14-L1.31. Should I use fastboot flash logo from the stock firmware or from the file you have provided? Will it work / is there any difference? Thanks.

EDIT: Yours worked fine. I gather XT1045 is almost identical except for 4G/LTE bands.
    EDIT2: I have flashed the logo.bin file located in the zip's from these logos. Includes the stock and others. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2686441
    Here you go folks - just flash any one of these bootlogos in TWRP.
    Updated the OP with the updated Lollipop logo :)
    Download the Joker.zip from @Rob...
    Open it, delete the logo.bin from it
    rename the logo from your 7zip file in to logo.bin and put it where the logo.bin from Joker.zip was. Save the zip

Hey it's all good mate, Rob's first example zip worked a treat...all I had to do was flash it in twrp and voila! But thanks very much for your reply and all your help :)

And coincidentally I was able to get the custom boot anim working that wasn't before (no idea if it was just a coincidence or related to the bootloader warning)

All that is left now is to fix the parse error I get when trying to install this dark messenger apk...but its stumped me lol Editing the sdk manifest hasn't helped either alas, and that was my last resort heh