Fix for people with a corrupt EFS (No network connection or bluetooth)

Search This thread

tw1tch175

Dec 28, 2010
A few people have had issues with the EFS getting corrupt or wiped on their OPO before they had a working backup. This guide has so far worked for 4 people to restore their EFS allowing them to access mobile data and bluetooth again.

Note: I really don't know why this works, I have contacted the dev of this rom to ask if he has any ideas but still waiting on a response.

1. Flash official TWRP
2. Flash this ColorOS rom using TWRP - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2772627 (you can skip all the account setups if you want)
3. Factory reset
4. Boot and setup ColorOS (you should see a network connect now with your sim card inserted, you will need to toggle mobile data on to test that)
5. If you have data in ColorOS you are good to flash back to CM11S anyway you want (you will need to factor reset after flashing back)
6. Save yourself the headache in the future and backup your EFS

Please post if this fix works for you.:victory:

Edit: I've went ahead and downloaded the ROM and I will hold on to it incase the original mirrors go down for some reason. Please PM me if they do.

Last edited:

dictionary

Dec 3, 2009
One of the ones who can confirm this works. Will post in the official thread.

Yank555

Sep 18, 2009
Sony Xperia Pro-I
Wholy moly ... I have a mobile data network !!

Still on ColorOS, but this is VERY promising !!!

IMEI is correct, it's the one on the box !

Still no WiFi nor Bluetooh mac addresses, though...

Will keep you posted, but this is a HUGE step forward !

Thanx a lot for sharing this !

BTW, serial number is still unchanged and correct.

JP.

EDIT:

Unfortunately it didn't fix my issue, back to CM11S I am greeted by an AudioFX FC... Device pretty much unusable, the FC pops up the milisecond you click OK ...

Will try a different ROM...

EDIT 2:

SlimKat, CM11 Nightly both boot to the welcome screen, then reboot about 1 second later.

Only ColorOS seems to actually run ?!

A bit disgusted right now :(

Last edited:
Reactions: OmegaBlaze

Gambalajillo

Jul 9, 2014
A few people have had issues with the EFS getting corrupt or wiped on their OPO before they had a working backup. This guide has so far worked for 3 people to restore their EFS allowing them to access mobile data and bluetooth again.

Note: I really don't know why this works, I have contacted the dev of this rom to ask if he has any ideas but still waiting on a response.

1. Flash official TWRP
2. Flash this ColorOS rom using TWRP - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2772627 (you can skip all the account setups if you want)
3. Factory reset
4. Boot and setup ColorOS (you should see a network connect now with your sim card inserted, you will need to toggle mobile data on to test that)
5. If you have data in ColorOS you are good to flash back to CM11S anyway you want (you will need to factor reset after flashing back)

Hi, i failed and i wiped EVERYTHING of my phone, i only had the fasboot mode, i installed CWM and the cyanogemod rom, now everything works, and i have the imei in the box, however, i dont have the possibility of EFS backup anymore.... any ideas..?

tw1tch175

Dec 28, 2010
Hi, i failed and i wiped EVERYTHING of my phone, i only had the fasboot mode, i installed CWM and the cyanogemod rom, now everything works, and i have the imei in the box, however, i dont have the possibility of EFS backup anymore.... any ideas..?

Official TWRP doesn't have EFS backup in it, you have the get the unofficial one http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/development/recovery-unofficial-twrp-2-7-1-0-t2815247

JP.

EDIT:

Unfortunately it didn't fix my issue, back to CM11S I am greeted by an AudioFX FC... Device pretty much unusable, the FC pops up the milisecond you click OK ...

EDIT 2:

SlimKat, CM11 Nightly both boot to the welcome screen, then reboot about 1 second later.

Odd, maybe you could try using TWRP to delete everything again including system, then sideload and boot ColorOS.

Reactions: NaterTots

sabbotage

Dec 15, 2010
Official TWRP doesn't have EFS backup in it, you have the get the unofficial one http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/development/recovery-unofficial-twrp-2-7-1-0-t2815247

To add to that you can just boot the unofficial recovery using "fastboot boot recovery.img" to do your efs backup if you would prefer to keep the official TWRP installed. That way it only boots that recovery to allow you to do the backup of your EFS partition and doesn't erase your current recovery. That's how I did it.

Gambalajillo

Jul 9, 2014
To add to that you can just boot the unofficial recovery using "fastboot boot recovery.img" to do your efs backup if you would prefer to keep the official TWRP installed. That way it only boots that recovery to allow you to do the backup of your EFS partition and doesn't erase your current recovery. That's how I did it.

WOW thanks, i do it and and i tell you how did it go in a few minutes.

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida
I see that the OP has been thanked and this thread has a few success stories so I am giving it a bump for others to view in case of the same issue.

jwai85

Nov 10, 2010

JP.

EDIT:

EDIT 2:

Im having the same problem as you have Yank555. It started with the AudioFX FCs rendering the device useless.

Next i tried to reflash the standard CM11s 25R rom back to get my phone normal again, it didnt work.

Then i remember i have a nandroid from a few days ago. Not thinking to read up on known issues with the OPO EFS i tried a restore.

My EFS is gone and the phone will not work unless im on ColourOs120. Wifi doesnt work, just basic phone functions.

Still waiting for a miracle for this problem.

Any suggestion guys?

Yank555

Sep 18, 2009
Sony Xperia Pro-I
Im having the same problem as you have Yank555. It started with the AudioFX FCs rendering the device useless.

Next i tried to reflash the standard CM11s 25R rom back to get my phone normal again, it didnt work.

Then i remember i have a nandroid from a few days ago. Not thinking to read up on known issues with the OPO EFS i tried a restore.

My EFS is gone and the phone will not work unless im on ColourOs120. Wifi doesnt work, just basic phone functions.

Still waiting for a miracle for this problem.

Any suggestion guys?

Did you open a service request ? Any response ? So far all I got 5 days later was a "please fastboot flash factory images, case closed." which quite obviously did not help, so case reopened, but again nothing from them in 4 days, now.

But I wonder if my first thought is still correct, flawed emmc as flashing seems to work ... might be a radio hardware issue ? Just don't quite get what the AudioFX has to do with that... cause simply rooting the device and installing apps and making a few nandroid backups is no way to brick anything.

But anyway, tbh, OnePlus is mostly dead to me as a company, worst invest ever so far, nice if your device works, but service is not even close to bad, it's pretty much non-existing ... and for a supposedly "best service ever" it's quite, let's say, "impressing" :(

JP.

Yank555

Sep 18, 2009
Sony Xperia Pro-I
Nope, i have not tried opening a ticket, mine is a grey import from China.

There is something terribly wrong somewhere hardware wise. The audiofx problem only happens if i flash the CM11s. After ColourOS i have tried flashing the CM11 M8.

Im also wondering if i should try to use this OPO made rom to see if it can help.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/rom-official-4-4-4-oneplus-aosp.65482/

Give it a go, not much to lose. Didn't work for me, though.

JP.

Sent from my Nexus 5 running stock rooted AOSP on Yank555.lu v1.0-alpha5 kernel.

elrey311

Jun 4, 2014
Causey
This worked for me! I'm back in business! Thanks guys for getting this figured out, I thought my phone was done.

NaterTots

Feb 7, 2012
CT
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 7T
I hate to bring this back up.

I have a Nandroid of my stock CM11S on my phone. I used it for the update to 300 to get firmware, then made a backup of it and went back to the custom Rom I had been on.
Today, I went and restored the backup of CM11S to sideload the newest update. Weirdly, after restoring I have an unknown baseband. But if I go back to the custom Rom backup I still have a baseband.

I wonder if TWRP just didn't backup the correct partitions? I am on the offficial TWRP. But I do have a backup that contains my EFS backup from the other TWRP that has that option.

tdamocles

Aug 11, 2009
I think I know what corrupted my efs....I used the official twrp 2.7.1.1 which for some reason saves modemst1. I remember restoring st1 when I corrupted it the first time with the official 2.7.1.1. Well I did it again trying to restore a nandroid with the official twrp 2.7.1.1. Do not restore the saved modemst1 from the official twrp 2.7.1.1. You will encounter problems.

Last edited:

eunique

Jun 1, 2008
San Jose
So, this same thing happened to me...i happily using 30O and not really any issues and getting good battery life~17 hrs w/moderate use. And no other bugs.

Found the 33R update here on the forums and downloaded it and flashed through TWRP.
Thats when trouble found me, lost network and wifi stuck trying to turn on but never finds wifi. Then reading through xda someone suggested to check IMEI and it was gone. I had NOT done any prior back ups other than Nandroid prior to flashing update.
Restore still didn't fix it.
I tried this (flash ColorOS and CM11) but still didnt fix it. I was bummed as my OPO is very new and I had been happy with it.
CM11 or by restore, windows will not detect it even with drivers loaded. Flashing colorOS would allow windows XP to recognize internal and allow me to send files so i tried custom ROMs and CM stock and Mahdi but none worked. Luckily my TWRP still works and i am able to boot and get into fasboot.

I finally got mine fixed with rooted stock 33R from here on xda!
Now my OPO is back in business!!!

Ok_Kaleidoscope5109

Dec 29, 2009
For those of you that were able to recover, did you lose your entire EFS folder? Mine is completely gone and I don't think this ColorOS trick works either. I've tried it all last night and I fell asleep at my desk :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A few people have had issues with the EFS getting corrupt or wiped on their OPO before they had a working backup. This guide has so far worked for 4 people to restore their EFS allowing them to access mobile data and bluetooth again.

1. Flash official TWRP
    3. Factory reset

Edit: I've went ahead and downloaded the ROM and I will hold on to it incase the original mirrors go down for some reason. Please PM me if they do.

if you used the recovery tool and got it running but still no IMEI try:

ran in fastboot 'fastboot erase modemst1' 'fastboot erase modemst2'
    installed twrp 2.8.6.0 - unofficial from here
    flashed OxygenOS from here *flashable zip is inside of this download*

of course this may or may not work for you so its all up to you on doing it, but that fixed it for me...

Dude... holly merciful crap... i flashed twrp 2.8.6, and flashed oxygenOs1.0.0.zip and... there it is, IMEI and baseband, my god this is the best feeling ever, thank you !

JP.

EDIT:

EDIT 2:

Hi, it has just happened to me... could you fix it? thanks!!

Disconnect and restart your phone in fastboot/download mode. In my case it did not do that as long as I had anything connected to the USB port. After that, follow these instructions: http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/general/guide-unbrick-oneplus-one-t3013732 (that's what the Oneplus employee did in my remote session). This might do the trick for you, I had sudden reboots every 30 seconds. So I rebooted my OPO in fastboot and installed ColorOS 1.0.0 (others would not restore my IMEI). You can download it from my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o2v9efouazwltco/AAAf1Q3zYAMD4nBlASWnVvala?dl=0
    After that everything worked as it was supposed to and I was able to install whichever ROM I wanted to