[Q] Sudden drain in battery...need help

Search This thread

Sairam Kannan

May 7, 2014
I brought Micromax Canvas HD A116 by last august. The phone is not rooted. For first few month it was ok it gave atleast like 8-9 hrs of battery backup...but recently it has been causing lots of issues..it gets sudden drop in battery like from 70% to 20 or 30% then rapidly goes down to 10% holds for couple of hours and then dies out.

I am normal user(less phone calls, average internet usage, average gaming) and it suprises me when I am not using also battery drops like this and it lasts for 6-8 hrs backup only:eek:. I don't use heavy games because of this:rolleyes:. If I don't do anything then the backup will be upto 9 hrs but it certainly defeats my purpose of having a mobile if I am not even going to use it for phone calls:crying: I also use less number of apps only and they are not power hungry apps...just normal apps.

And also one weird thing I noticed is that whenever I charge it will charge upto 60% and after 1 or 2 minutes it will steeply rise to 100% which is like battery is doing some magic....you can check screenshots I have shared.

And the next weird thin I noticed is that my "phone idle" and "cell standby" percent are always high like beyond 45% always....I donno why...:( I have compared the reception and also other friends phones where they have only like both stats are around 5-10% only.

Now I really donno what to do with this situation.

Should I go for new OEM battery? Can any one suggest where I can find one online or offline(I am in chennai)?
Should I root my phone? Will it solve my problem?
Should I reset my phone? Can some one suggest best backup and reset solution if you are suggesting this...

Or should go for some other Phone itself(I have moto E in my mind, cuz within one year I don't wish to go for high budget...:( Now I feel is a bad option for me to have chosen this mobile)

I appreciate any help any one can provide me for this issues....Am REALLY REALLY grateful to you....thanks in advance resolvers.

Edit:
And my OS is Jelly Bean 4.1.2
Do I need to update my OS to sort out my situation? Will it help? If so can some one let me know how to install KitKat for MMX Canvas HD A116?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-11-23-12-51.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-11-23-12-51.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 166
  • Screenshot_2014-06-11-23-13-48.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-11-23-13-48.png
    117.8 KB · Views: 154
  • Screenshot_2014-06-13-14-58-50.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-13-14-58-50.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot_2014-06-13-15-01-01.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-13-15-01-01.png
    126.4 KB · Views: 130
  • Screenshot_2014-06-14-08-57-07.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-14-08-57-07.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot_2014-06-17-05-45-32.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-17-05-45-32.png
    139.7 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

jayadu

Mar 18, 2014
Coimbatore
I brought Micromax Canvas HD A116 by last august. The phone is not rooted. For first few month it was ok it gave atleast like 8-9 hrs of battery backup...but recently it has been causing lots of issues..it gets sudden drop in battery like from 70% to 20 or 30% then rapidly goes down to 10% holds for couple of hours and then dies out.

I am normal user(less phone calls, average internet usage, average gaming) and it suprises me when I am not using also battery drops like this and it lasts for 6-8 hrs backup only:eek:. I don't use heavy games because of this:rolleyes:. If I don't do anything then the backup will be upto 9 hrs but it certainly defeats my purpose of having a mobile if I am not even going to use it for phone calls:crying: I also use less number of apps only and they are not power hungry apps...just normal apps.

And also one weird thing I noticed is that whenever I charge it will charge upto 60% and after 1 or 2 minutes it will steeply rise to 100% which is like battery is doing some magic....you can check screenshots I have shared.

And the next weird thin I noticed is that my "phone idle" and "cell standby" percent are always high like beyond 45% always....I donno why...:( I have compared the reception and also other friends phones where they have only like both stats are around 5-10% only.

Should I go for new OEM battery? Can any one suggest where I can find one online or offline(I am in chennai)?
Should I reset my phone? Can some one suggest best backup and reset solution if you are suggesting this...

Or should go for some other Phone itself(I have moto E in my mind, cuz within one year I don't wish to go for high budget...:( Now I feel is a bad option for me to have chosen this mobile)

I appreciate any help any one can provide me for this issues....Am REALLY REALLY grateful to you....thanks in advance resolvers.

Edit:
Do I need to update my OS to sort out my situation? Will it help? If so can some one let me know how to install KitKat for MMX Canvas HD A116?

It's coz ur battery s worn out just change it
G kit kat is not available 4 our device so u can't upgrade it
It's better u go to service center Nd order an original battery
But if u want go 4 cheaper stuffs ur local markets do help

Sent from my Micromax A116 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sairam Kannan

May 7, 2014
Doubt

It's coz ur battery s worn out just change it
G kit kat is not available 4 our device so u can't upgrade it
It's better u go to service center Nd order an original battery
But if u want go 4 cheaper stuffs ur local markets do help

Sent from my Micromax A116 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ok if I am to buy battery from service centers can I get 3000 mah batteries? I have searched online I can see like some micromax universal battery available supporting a210,a115,a116...Are they legit?

edwardpage

May 11, 2014
NOT india

Edit:

how much backup are u getting??...

akashpaul21

Jun 13, 2013
Pyongnam
I have the same exact problem.

Edit:

Basically mate, Micromax a116 is the worst smartphone in my dictionary. My battery drops down out of thin air, bluetooth doesn't connect, wifi is history, fm is extinct, etc, etc.. i just want to throw this piece of good for nothing in the water... (gosh i wish i could!).
anyways mate, the problem is with the battery that the OEM provided you with, buy another battery, your problem will be solved- for a few months-. I bet once 2 or three months are over the new batter is going to do the same drama. Buusha Micromax, and yea i almost forgot, my camera's flash died too.. R.I.P.
P.S. My canvas is just over 1 years and 1 months.

janidon2000

Oct 2, 2012
Try that !

Edit:

I've had same problem and was lucky to solve !!

I always root my new phones and i recommend that you do the same because it gives you awesome privileges and tweaks !

Now coming to your problem. Some of your apps are using phone processor so dramatically or your battery files are corrupted. Root your phone if you can and try battery calibration (search battery calibrator in playstore for that) do the calibration switch your phone off then let it full charge. That's fine and will solve your problem as i guess. then after install "DS battery saver" (I've tried too many and this is longest running till now).

That's all check your battery performance again and if the same persists then change battery!

PS. Always full charge your battery then let it drain to 20% and then full charge (Battery life cycle that will enhance your battery life)

freakydev8

Dec 3, 2013
Dude. You may have a faulty piece. My whole family uses Canvas HD A116. We all have used it over 14 months. Till now no issue regarding anything. So just because you may have got a defective piece there is no need to defame Micromax. For all you know you spoilt it

Sent from my Micromax A116 using XDA Free mobile app

dks1

Dec 13, 2014
how to root micromax a116?

how to root the micromax a116?
I've had same problem and was lucky to solve !!

I always root my new phones and i recommend that you do the same because it gives you awesome privileges and tweaks !

Now coming to your problem. Some of your apps are using phone processor so dramatically or your battery files are corrupted. Root your phone if you can and try battery calibration (search battery calibrator in playstore for that) do the calibration switch your phone off then let it full charge. That's fine and will solve your problem as i guess. then after install "DS battery saver" (I've tried too many and this is longest running till now).

That's all check your battery performance again and if the same persists then change battery!

PS. Always full charge your battery then let it drain to 20% and then full charge (Battery life cycle that will enhance your battery life)