No Smart Dock Compatibility:(

Search This thread

Carlos2200

Dec 12, 2010
I have had my S5 for a week now and after 2 days having sold my S4 i decided to see if my smart dock would work with the my new phone. Sad to say it doesn't. All it does is keep beeping the charging sound even with the new charger that outputs 5.3 volts 2A versus 5volts 2 A. Somewhere in the docks board must be restricting the power output and its too much hassle to try and will probably mess the board up. If anyone finds a way kernel wise I hope it happens. Anyways, MHL 2.0 adapter works with MHL to HDMI adapter just fine. But if anybody knows how to fix this issue let me know.

Alucard24

Dec 7, 2009
I have had my S5 for a week now and after 2 days having sold my S4 i decided to see if my smart dock would work with the my new phone. Sad to say it doesn't. All it does is keep beeping the charging sound even with the new charger that outputs 5.3 volts 2A versus 5volts 2 A. Somewhere in the docks board must be restricting the power output and its too much hassle to try and will probably mess the board up. If anyone finds a way kernel wise I hope it happens. Anyways, MHL 2.0 adapter works with MHL to HDMI adapter just fine. But if anybody knows how to fix this issue let me know.

Same problem, I will make a donation if a developer solve this problem, I really need hdmi and usb at same time, is there a way to make smart dock work again on s5?

wtf911

Jul 22, 2010
No update? HDMI and OTG same time?

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app