[Q&A] [ROOT][UNROOT][CWM] Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102 [GUIDE]

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [ROOT][UNROOT][CWM] Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102 [GUIDE]

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROOT][UNROOT][CWM] Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102 [GUIDE]. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

bhu_mukhia

Nov 28, 2014
Failed to update CWM

On my galaxy y duos I am facing problem regarding the download of cwm.The download file is with ".exe" extension.
Even after renaming the file with".zip" extension it fails to boot.
PLEASE HELP:(

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
On my galaxy y duos I am facing problem regarding the download of cwm.The download file is with ".exe" extension.
Even after renaming the file with".zip" extension it fails to boot.
PLEASE HELP:(

An exe is an executionable file for Windows - changing its file extension will not suddenly transform it into a Flashable zip - you are most likely pressing the download button for an advert

You have the totally wrong file

You can get cwm either by

1- flashing a temp cwm zip in stock recovery
2- flashing a custom kernel that has cwm recovery built in

The temp cwm is
http://d-h.st/u2m
It's the one I used for 5360 but I assume it's same for duos as I believe the mount points are the same but you can download the one on the duos thread properly if you like pressing the correct download button

As a note if you use add blocking software the ads & the wrong download buttons that link to ads are removed

Last edited:

Ivan James

Apr 18, 2014
Guys. I changes my rom to ICS but when I Hard reset it. I lost my System setting Icon. What should I do with it? I'm trying to change my rom to gingericjelly but it won't read the CWM.zip when I go to recovery. Please help. My phone is Samsung Galaxy young Duos.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Guys. I changes my rom to ICS but when I Hard reset it. I lost my System setting Icon. What should I do with it? I'm trying to change my rom to gingericjelly but it won't read the CWM.zip when I go to recovery. Please help. My phone is Samsung Galaxy young Duos.

Flash stock rom via odin and start again
See my firmware thread - links in signature

JimmySegram

Apr 25, 2015
San José, Costa Rica
Hi
I'd like to know if i can flash s6102b stock recovery with clockworkmod recovery with odin
I know how to do it with the zip file but i don't like to flash it everytime i open it in recovery, can somebody help me?

Sent from my GT-S6102B using XDA Free mobile app

perfectionsandesh

May 18, 2015
my original software has been crashed while installing CWM-6120, how can i restore/install previous version for galaxy y duos 6120? please help me out

aSPIRIn4

May 26, 2015
Root-Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102

Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102
I erase all data from my sdcard the i copy the updade.zip on sdcard
Then i turn off my phone
Then in system recovery mode i wipe all data from my phone and then i press apply data from sd card.. and it did`t work.
Photo link:
prntscr.com/79k7yl

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102
I erase all data from my sdcard the i copy the updade.zip on sdcard
Then i turn off my phone
Then in system recovery mode i wipe all data from my phone and then i press apply data from sd card.. and it did`t work.
Photo link:
prntscr.com/79k7yl

Your sd card is incorrectly formatted

Boot phone normally
Goto phone settings
Storage
Unmount sd card
Format sd card

If it still can't read it use a different sd card

Also there's no need to wipe anything on this phone to root it