HTC One is amazing!!!

Search This thread

eMischief

Dec 12, 2010
Mumbai
Hey " djq "your signature reads HTC one. Have u got it already?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

chrisjm00

Jul 29, 2007
Nottingham, MD
After having dealt with the horrible battery life on the DNA, I refuse to buy another HTC phone unless they abandon this silly obsession they have with small capacity batteries. Give us a 2700+ mah battery and then I'll consider.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

milan03

Feb 22, 2011
New York City
After having dealt with the horrible battery life on the DNA, I refuse to buy another HTC phone unless they abandon this silly obsession they have with small capacity batteries. Give us a 2700+ mah battery and then I'll consider.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

What "horrible" battery on DNA are you talking about? I've had DNA since launch, having a better battery life than on SGS3. By far...

And it's always gonna be like this... When One X launched, people were asking for 2100mAh.... When DNA launched, everyone was like " we need at least 2300mAh"... Now you have 2300mAh in The One, more than SGS3, and you're already complaining without knowing what's the actual battery life! WTF?!

vapotrini

Dec 31, 2004
Looking forward to this phone myself. It's not perfect but it addresses at least one of the bigger points for me. Speaker phone volume. It's like all manufacturers have gotten so caught up in the mhz war that they've forgotten what makes a good "phone". Speaker quality, screen, battery. I think HTC have gone out of their way to address all of these. This phone addresses those things 10 fold over the Z, imo. Sure the Z can be considered more stylish (which it is imo), and is waterproof & dust proof, all fantastic... but let's be honest, ratio to your phone getting wet to your phone ringing or you being on your speaker phone, 99.9% - .001% Looks are great but I'll take functionality over looks every single time. I'll bet anyone right now, this will be the phone of the first half of this year. Possibly even the year.

paulrh

May 18, 2011
Have you not read anything about the phone? Look at the back of the case... see those strips on the back? Those are for the antenna and NFC functions...

sent from HTC ONE

Ah, the strips. It's guaranteed to work perfectly then. My mistake :fingers-crossed:

JOSE89178

Jul 12, 2012
Nevada
For me,

PROS
Low light image lens
Dual front firing speakers
Ultrapixels
Jelly Bean

CONS
STILL NO EXPANDABLE MEMORY???

I have 150GB of Box Cloud Storage for life :D.
Really don't have a need for expandable storage. Unless you download a lot of HD high graphic games. But I did find this cool little device on Amazon that let's you connect your micro SD card or any USB storage device like a external hard drive and access it over WiFi on your tablet, smartphone, or computer.

Sent from my MB886 using xda premium

paulrh

May 18, 2011
I tried phone calls on the one yesterday in the three store and no issues what so ever.

Happily not everyone was affected by the iPhone problem. I really hope that this phone works as well as my DHD continues to however latest does not mean greatest, the Sensation being an example.

vizzy

Jan 5, 2012
I'm ready to be attacked.

The camera has put me off. The images show its only just better than the iPhone 5 camera, which is 6 month old tech. That's shocking, it should destroy everything out atm. It doesn't. It should of been 6 ultrapix.

Sent from my Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
I have 150GB of Box Cloud Storage for life :D.
Really don't have a need for expandable storage. Unless you download a lot of HD high graphic games. But I did find this cool little device on Amazon that let's you connect your micro SD card or any USB storage device like a external hard drive and access it over WiFi on your tablet, smartphone, or computer.

Sent from my MB886 using xda premium

Cloud storage isn't a viable option for a international phone no matter how you look at it. Like here in our country if I'd use cloud storage as a replacement for microsd I would have to pay like $200 to $400 per month for the mobile data I would use. And yeah WIFI is not an option as when I am at home I wouldn't need my phone for multimedia stuff since I have my PC just a few meters beside me.

But I really like the HTC One so I'll still buy it and decided to keep 2 phones beside me instead.

I just wish there's some portable gadget on which I could plug my microsd card in it and let it connect to the phone :(

A microSD to microUSB adapter would be great but I don't think that exists yet.

Anyways what do you guys think of this? Will this work with HTC One?

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/mobile-fun-connection-kit-for-samsung-galaxy-s3-note-2-p35462.htm

It utilizes USB OTG functionality.

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane
Cloud storage isn't a viable option for a international phone no matter how you look at it. Like here in our country if I'd use cloud storage as a replacement for microsd I would have to pay like $200 to $400 per month for the mobile data I would use. And yeah WIFI is not an option as when I am at home I wouldn't need my phone for multimedia stuff since I have my PC just a few meters beside me.

But I really like the HTC One so I'll still buy it and decided to keep 2 phones beside me instead.

I just wish there's some portable gadget on which I could plug my microsd card in it and let it connect to the phone :(

A microSD to microUSB adapter would be great but I don't think that exists yet.

Anyways what do you guys think of this? Will this work with HTC One?

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/mobile-fun-connection-kit-for-samsung-galaxy-s3-note-2-p35462.htm

It utilizes USB OTG functionality.

There's better out there :laugh:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MicroSD-Ada...r-Cable-for-Google-Nexus-7-Asus-/160925924519

I'm sure you could even find smaller again if you wanted.

M.

Reactions: Riyal

joshoon

Oct 31, 2009
The Netherlands
www.djjoshoon.com
Not even Apple would charge that much Maybe 50dollars more in worst case maybe 100$

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda app-developers app

Well I'm going to pre-order my HTC One from a site that has a choice of 4 versions.

HTC One Beautiful Black - €693
HTC One Stunning Silver - €693
HTC One T Black - €624
HTC One T Silver - €624

I wonder what the differences are? Maybe the T-version has only 32GB, and the ones that are €40 euros more 64GB?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why do u need expandable memory when u can get the 64gb version??

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

Simple.

Because HTC will charge $200 for that addition of 64GB of memory.

But I culd buy a 64GB SD card for $60
    For me,

PROS
    Low light image lens
    Dual front firing speakers
    Ultrapixels
    Jelly Bean

CONS
    STILL NO EXPANDABLE MEMORY???

Why do u need expandable memory when u can get the 64gb version??

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app
    Will launch worldwide, I'll bet it'll have amazing dev support just like Sensation. I'm getting it. :)

PLATFORM

Android 4.1.2 with HTC*Sense 5
    Processor:*Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600, quad-core, 1.7GHz
    Total storage: 32GB/64GBi, available capacity varies*
    RAM: 2GB DDR2
    Battery: 2300 mAh embedded rechargeable Li-polymer battery

CAMERA

BSI sensor, Pixel size 2.0 μm, Sensor size 1/3'
    Dedicated HTC ImageChip™ 2
    F2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens
    Optical Image Stabilization (OIS)
    Smart Flash: Five levels of flash automatically set by distance to subject
    Front Camera: 88 wide angle lens with HDR capability
    1080p Full HD video recording for both front and back cameras
    HDR Video
    Continuous shooting and VideoPic
    Slow motion video recording with variable speed playback
    HTC Zoe™ with highlights and HTC Zoe™ Share
    Retouch with Object Removal, Always Smile, and Sequence Shot

CONNECTIVITY

3.5 mm stereo audio jack
    NFC capable
    Compliant with Bluetooth 4.0
    Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX™ enabled
    Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n
    DLNA® for wirelessly streaming media from the phone to a compatible TV or computer
    Support consumer infrared remote control
    micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port with mobile high-definition video link (MHL) for USB or HDMI connection (Special cable required for HDMI connection.)
    HTC BOOMSOUND™

Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
    Studio-quality sound with Beats Audio™
    HDR Microphone
    Sense Voice

NETWORK

GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
    WCDMA (1900/2100 (B2/B1) MHz)
    CDMA (800/1900 BC0/BC1/BC10, Sprint)
    LTE (1900 (B25, SPCS)
    Frequencies will vary by region/operator

SENSORS

Gyro sensor
    Accelerometer
    Proximity sensor
    Ambient light sensor
    Internal GPS antenna + GLONASS
    Digital compass

AC ADAPTER

Voltage range/frequency: 100 ~ 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
    DC output: 5 V and 1 A
    SIZE: 137.4 x 68.2 x 9.3mm/4mm (max/min)*
    WEIGHT: 143 grams with battery*
    DISPLAY: 4.7 inch, Full HD 1080p, 468 PPI*

Sent from my Sensation using Tapatalk 2
    Locked Bootloaders.. The HTCDev Unlock isn't the best one out there.. No Revolutionary.

I am always htc fan, but nowadays, for a flasholic like me, it's a pain in the a** to flash boot.img separately using PC every single time i want to flash a new ROM.
    neXus family is my next choice. But not this year, my Sensation seems fine for now.
    i like of device too, current i have gs3 but this device impress me!