[GUIDE][MOD][Holo]Change colour of Battery Chart and Application Bar

Search This thread

iamareebjamal

Aug 7, 2012
Batcave
www.facebook.com
Le Holofy

Disclaimer:

I do not hold responsibilty for any mishap that may or may not happen to your device by trying of this modification. By trying this mod, you agree that you and you only are responsible for any harm done to your phone, society, or UNESCO

Though this guide is made for Gingerbread, the exactly same method will work in ICS, JB, Kitkat. Though on ICS+, Application Bar already is Holo Blue and nothing needs to be changed there​

Holofy Battery Chart

Original:
p4b9.png

Modded:
pcg6.png

1. First decompile your Settings.apk
2. Go to /smali/com/android/settings/fuelgauge/BatteryHistoryChart.smali
3. Chart Background

Search for
Code:
iget-object v0, v0, Lcom/android/settings/fuelgauge/BatteryHistoryChart;->mBatteryBackgroundPaint:Landroid/graphics/Paint;

You should see code like this below:

Code:
move-object/from16 v20, v0

const/16 v21, 0x[b]ff[/b]

const/16 v22, 0x[color=red]80[/color]

const/16 v23, 0x[color=green]80[/color]

const/16 v24, 0x[color=blue]80[/color]

IMPORTANT: Read carefully, this will not be explained again in this guide!

Combining the bold and red, blue, green code, we get ff808080, which is the hex code for grey color of the battery chart background

More conceptually
alpha (Meaning the transparency, ff means completely opaque, 00 means completely transparent)
red
green
blue

Since, the code is ff808080
ff(opaque)+red(80)=green(80)=blue(80) makes a grey color. This is how a hex color code works!

Now, we will make it translucent holo blue, hex color 7c33b5e5

So, replace ff by 7c, 80 by 33, 80 by b5, and 80 by e5

Final code will look like this:
Code:

const/16 v21, 0x[b]7c[/b]

const/16 v22, 0x[color=red]33[/color]

const/16 v23, 0x[color=green]b5[/color]

const/16 v24, 0x[color=blue]e5[/color]

Similarly, we can break any hex code.
Eg:
fff7ab17 is color code of orange

We'll follow same routine throughout this guide.

4. We had changed the battery chart background in previous step, now we will change
Good Lining

Good Lining is the green lining on the border of battery chart showing the battery is above 30%(I guess) and there is nothing to worry about.

Search for
Code:
iget-object v0, v0, Lcom/android/settings/fuelgauge/BatteryHistoryChart;->mBatteryGoodPaint:Landroid/graphics/Paint;

Code:

const/16 v21, 0x[b]80[/b]

const/16 v22, 0x[color=red]0[/color]

const/16 v23, 0x[color=green]ff[/color]

const/16 v24, 0x[color=blue]0[/color]

Combining the bold and red, blue, green code, we get 800ff0, which is the hex code for green color of the good lining

We change it to ff33b5e5 for uniform look of Holo Battery Chart, you can change it to any color you want​

Warn Lining

Warn Lining is the yellow lining on the border of battery chart showing the battery is below 30% and there is something to worry about.

Search for
Code:
iget-object v0, v0, Lcom/android/settings/fuelgauge/BatteryHistoryChart;->mBatteryWarnPaint:Landroid/graphics/Paint;

Code:

const/16 v22, 0x[color=red]ff[/color]

Combining the bold and red, blue, green code, we get 80ffff0, which is the hex code for yellow color of the warn lining

We change it to ff33b5e5 for uniform look of Holo Battery Chart, you can change it to any color you want​

Critical Lining

Critical Lining is the red lining on the border of battery chart showing the battery is below 15% and to stop plying Ingress and grab a charger as soon as possible.

Search for
Code:
iget-object v0, v0, Lcom/android/settings/fuelgauge/BatteryHistoryChart;->mBatteryCriticalPaint:Landroid/graphics/Paint;

Code:

const/16 v21, 0x[b]c0[/b]

const/16 v23, 0x[color=green]0[/color]

Combining the bold and red, blue, green code, we get c0ff00, which is the hex code for red color of the critical lining

Charging Lining

Charging Lining is the green lining on the border of battery chart(and below on the charge bar too) showing the battery is charging and compensating the juice Ingress drained.

Search for
Code:
iget-object v0, v0, Lcom/android/settings/fuelgauge/BatteryHistoryChart;->mChargingPaint:Landroid/graphics/Paint;

Code:

Combining the bold and red, blue, green code, we get 800ff0, which is the hex code for green color of the charging lining

5. Our work is complete :D. Save the file
6. Recompile the Settings.apk
Push the app in system. If the Settings app doesnt appear in App Drawer, hot reboot via EPM or:
Code:
adb shell killall system_server
7. Enjoy :D

Holofy Application Bar

Original:
zper.png

Modded:
l1b5.png

cbwk.png

1. Decompile your Settings.apk
2. Go to /smali/com/android/settings/applications/LinearColorBar.smali
3. Search for
Code:
.method private updateIndicator()V

You will see code like this below:
Code:
		.locals 12

.prologue
		const v11, 0xa0a0a0

const/4 v3, 0x2

const v10, -0x5f5f60

const/4 v1, 0x0

First we see a0a0a0, which is hex code of grey colour, which we have to change to holo blue, so we replace it by 33b5e5
Second code is 5f5f60, which, unfortunately, is not a normal hex code but an inverse hex code. Consider this table:

NEW: Or try this app by me, much much easier - Invertase

mi70.png

We re-invert the inverse hex code to original form by this table, which comes out to be a0a09f, which again is grey and we have to convert it to holo blue, but we cannot just write 33b5e5 there, we must first invert it through that table.
Inverted code of 33b5e5 : cc4a1a
So, we replace 5f5f60 by cc4a1a

Code:
		.locals 12

.prologue
		const v11, 0x33b5e5

const/4 v3, 0x2

const v10, -0xcc4a1a

const/4 v1, 0x0
4. Search for
Code:
iget-object v9, p0, Lcom/android/settings/applications/LinearColorBar;->mColorGradientPaint:Landroid/graphics/Paint;

Code:
		new-instance v0, Landroid/graphics/LinearGradient;

sub-int v2, v8, v3

int-to-float v4, v2

const v5, 0xa0c0a0

const v6, -0x5f3f60

First we see a0c0a0, which is hex code of green color, which we have to change to grey, so we replace it by a0a0a0
Second code is 5f3f60, which is inverse hex code of a0c09f, which is again green colour which we have to change to grey colour a0a09f
Inverted code of a0a09f : 5f5f60
So we replace 5f3f60 by 5f5f60

Final code will look like
Code:

sub-int v2, v8, v3

int-to-float v4, v2

const v5, 0xa0a0a0

const v6, -0x5f5f60

5. Search for
Code:
invoke-virtual {v3, v4}, Landroid/graphics/Paint;->setColor(I)V
You will get 3 results

First one will look like this:
Code:
		move-object/from16 v0, p0

iget-object v0, v0, Lcom/android/settings/applications/LinearColorBar;->mPaint:Landroid/graphics/Paint;

move-object v3, v0

const v4, -0x5f5f60

[i]invoke-virtual {v3, v4}, Landroid/graphics/Paint;->setColor(I)V[/i]

See just above the searched code, it is 5f5f60, which is again inverse code of grey, so we replace it by inverse code of blue, which is cc4a1a

Code:

iget-object v0, v0, Lcom/android/settings/applications/LinearColorBar;->mPaint:Landroid/graphics/Paint;

move-object v3, v0

const v4, -0xcc4a1a

Second one will look like this:
Code:

move-object v3, v0

const v4, -0x5f5f60

See just above the searched code, it is 5f5f60, which is again inverse code of grey, so we replace it by inverse code of blue, which is cc4a1a

Code:

move-object v3, v0

const v4, -0xcc4a1a

Third one will look like this:
Code:

move-object v3, v0

const v4, -0x5f3f60

See just above the searched code, it is 5f3f60, which is again inverse code of green, so we replace it by inverse code of grey, which is 5f5f60

Code:

move-object v3, v0

const v4, -0x5f5f60

6. You can change these colours to any one of your choice, it up to you.
Save the file when you are done
7. Recompile Settings.apk and push it in system
If it does not appear in App Drawer, hot reboot your phone wither by EPM or by this command:
Code:
8. Enjoy :)

I am attaching the final smalis so you can compare changes
View attachment smali.zip

Last edited:

m4RinKo2

Oct 5, 2012
Cool! Make more guides like this one. :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-S5570I using xda app-developers app

paul222008

Jul 14, 2013
M55dX80.png

Thanks for this brilliant guide :) sir can you make a tut also for the green line in battery usage into holo one ? :D

SeVIIn

Jul 13, 2011
I have to admit this looks amazing and many thanks for the tutorial, but being lazy as I am (aka stuck at work) is there any way to create a flashable zip of this procedure?

iamareebjamal

Aug 7, 2012
Batcave
www.facebook.com
I have to admit this looks amazing and many thanks for the tutorial, but being lazy as I am (aka stuck at work) is there any way to create a flashable zip of this procedure?

Sir, that would be incompatible with not even every device except one but even on ROMs

I was thinking of creating a Xposed Module but :curses: exams came and I can't do it, so sorry, but there is no generalised way of doing it except for modding it manually :(

Reactions: gigeaky

icedventimocha

Worked flawlessly. Great straight forward walk thru. Thanks for the guide.
e6aju9an.jpg

Edit:The values are different on jellybean for the apps part as it is already holo themed. If you want to change them to another color, follow the first steps of the O.P. The follow the rest but the values will be const v6, -0xff6634. Those are the values that are already holo if you wish to change them :) Note that they are also inverted

adevy3u8.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Last edited:
Reactions: iamareebjamal

gigeaky

Apr 18, 2010
Exmouth
Sir, that would be incompatible with not even every device except one but even on ROMs

I was thinking of creating a Xposed Module but :curses: exams came and I can't do it, so sorry, but there is no generalised way of doing it except for modding it manually :(

Oh please make a xposed module as not everyone is as good with this things... :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Reactions: egodriver07

nicholi2789

Mar 19, 2013
Newport
Is there any reason why this wouldn't work on a Touchwiz 4.3 rom? I'm using a Verizon Galaxy S4 with Hyperdrive Rom and I followed your guide to the letter. But when I try to recompile I just get a ton of errors. I installed the framework (framework-res and twframework-res) and still I can't get it to recompile. What am I doing wrong?
I've tried using standard apktool, then I tried the Android apktool where it is all automated. Wouldn't work with either one. I have a bit of experience using apktool but I can't figure this out. Maybe it's something Touchwiz related? Touchwiz always seems to mess up mods that work on other phones/roms. Thanks for this awesome guide though!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Le Holofy

Disclaimer:

I do not hold responsibilty for any mishap that may or may not happen to your device by trying of this modification. By trying this mod, you agree that you and you only are responsible for any harm done to your phone, society, or UNESCO

Though this guide is made for Gingerbread, the exactly same method will work in ICS, JB, Kitkat. Though on ICS+, Application Bar already is Holo Blue and nothing needs to be changed there​

Holofy Battery Chart

Original:
    p4b9.png

Modded:
    pcg6.png

1. First decompile your Settings.apk
    2. Go to /smali/com/android/settings/fuelgauge/BatteryHistoryChart.smali
    3. Chart Background

Search for
    Code:
    iget-object v0, v0, Lcom/android/settings/fuelgauge/BatteryHistoryChart;->mBatteryBackgroundPaint:Landroid/graphics/Paint;

Code:

const/16 v21, 0x[b]ff[/b]

const/16 v22, 0x[color=red]80[/color]

const/16 v23, 0x[color=green]80[/color]

const/16 v24, 0x[color=blue]80[/color]

IMPORTANT: Read carefully, this will not be explained again in this guide!

Combining the bold and red, blue, green code, we get ff808080, which is the hex code for grey color of the battery chart background

More conceptually
    alpha (Meaning the transparency, ff means completely opaque, 00 means completely transparent)
    red
    green
    blue

Since, the code is ff808080
    ff(opaque)+red(80)=green(80)=blue(80) makes a grey color. This is how a hex color code works!

Now, we will make it translucent holo blue, hex color 7c33b5e5

So, replace ff by 7c, 80 by 33, 80 by b5, and 80 by e5

Code:

const/16 v21, 0x[b]7c[/b]

const/16 v22, 0x[color=red]33[/color]

const/16 v23, 0x[color=green]b5[/color]

const/16 v24, 0x[color=blue]e5[/color]

Similarly, we can break any hex code.
    Eg:
    fff7ab17 is color code of orange

We'll follow same routine throughout this guide.

4. We had changed the battery chart background in previous step, now we will change
    Good Lining

Good Lining is the green lining on the border of battery chart showing the battery is above 30%(I guess) and there is nothing to worry about.

Search for
    Code:
    iget-object v0, v0, Lcom/android/settings/fuelgauge/BatteryHistoryChart;->mBatteryGoodPaint:Landroid/graphics/Paint;

Code:

Combining the bold and red, blue, green code, we get 800ff0, which is the hex code for green color of the good lining

Warn Lining

Warn Lining is the yellow lining on the border of battery chart showing the battery is below 30% and there is something to worry about.

Search for
    Code:
    iget-object v0, v0, Lcom/android/settings/fuelgauge/BatteryHistoryChart;->mBatteryWarnPaint:Landroid/graphics/Paint;

Code:

Combining the bold and red, blue, green code, we get 80ffff0, which is the hex code for yellow color of the warn lining

Critical Lining

Critical Lining is the red lining on the border of battery chart showing the battery is below 15% and to stop plying Ingress and grab a charger as soon as possible.

Search for
    Code:
    iget-object v0, v0, Lcom/android/settings/fuelgauge/BatteryHistoryChart;->mBatteryCriticalPaint:Landroid/graphics/Paint;

Code:

const/16 v21, 0x[b]c0[/b]

const/16 v23, 0x[color=green]0[/color]

Combining the bold and red, blue, green code, we get c0ff00, which is the hex code for red color of the critical lining

Charging Lining

Charging Lining is the green lining on the border of battery chart(and below on the charge bar too) showing the battery is charging and compensating the juice Ingress drained.

Search for
    Code:
    iget-object v0, v0, Lcom/android/settings/fuelgauge/BatteryHistoryChart;->mChargingPaint:Landroid/graphics/Paint;

Code:

Combining the bold and red, blue, green code, we get 800ff0, which is the hex code for green color of the charging lining

5. Our work is complete :D. Save the file
    6. Recompile the Settings.apk
    Push the app in system. If the Settings app doesnt appear in App Drawer, hot reboot via EPM or:
    Code:
    7. Enjoy :D

Holofy Application Bar

Original:
    zper.png

Modded:
    l1b5.png

cbwk.png

1. Decompile your Settings.apk
    2. Go to /smali/com/android/settings/applications/LinearColorBar.smali
    3. Search for
    Code:
    .method private updateIndicator()V

Code:
    		.locals 12

.prologue
    		const v11, 0xa0a0a0

const/4 v3, 0x2

const v10, -0x5f5f60

const/4 v1, 0x0

First we see a0a0a0, which is hex code of grey colour, which we have to change to holo blue, so we replace it by 33b5e5
    Second code is 5f5f60, which, unfortunately, is not a normal hex code but an inverse hex code. Consider this table:

NEW: Or try this app by me, much much easier - Invertase

mi70.png

We re-invert the inverse hex code to original form by this table, which comes out to be a0a09f, which again is grey and we have to convert it to holo blue, but we cannot just write 33b5e5 there, we must first invert it through that table.
    Inverted code of 33b5e5 : cc4a1a
    So, we replace 5f5f60 by cc4a1a

Code:
    		.locals 12

.prologue
    		const v11, 0x33b5e5

const/4 v3, 0x2

const v10, -0xcc4a1a

const/4 v1, 0x0
    4. Search for
    Code:
    iget-object v9, p0, Lcom/android/settings/applications/LinearColorBar;->mColorGradientPaint:Landroid/graphics/Paint;

Code:

sub-int v2, v8, v3

int-to-float v4, v2

const v5, 0xa0c0a0

const v6, -0x5f3f60

First we see a0c0a0, which is hex code of green color, which we have to change to grey, so we replace it by a0a0a0
    Second code is 5f3f60, which is inverse hex code of a0c09f, which is again green colour which we have to change to grey colour a0a09f
    Inverted code of a0a09f : 5f5f60
    So we replace 5f3f60 by 5f5f60

Code:

sub-int v2, v8, v3

int-to-float v4, v2

const v5, 0xa0a0a0

const v6, -0x5f5f60

5. Search for
    Code:
    invoke-virtual {v3, v4}, Landroid/graphics/Paint;->setColor(I)V
    You will get 3 results

First one will look like this:
    Code:

move-object v3, v0

const v4, -0x5f5f60

Code:

move-object v3, v0

const v4, -0xcc4a1a

Second one will look like this:
    Code:

move-object v3, v0

const v4, -0x5f5f60

Code:

move-object v3, v0

const v4, -0xcc4a1a

Third one will look like this:
    Code:

move-object v3, v0

const v4, -0x5f3f60

See just above the searched code, it is 5f3f60, which is again inverse code of green, so we replace it by inverse code of grey, which is 5f5f60

Code:

move-object v3, v0

const v4, -0x5f5f60

6. You can change these colours to any one of your choice, it up to you.
    Save the file when you are done
    7. Recompile Settings.apk and push it in system
    If it does not appear in App Drawer, hot reboot your phone wither by EPM or by this command:
    Code:
    8. Enjoy :)

I am attaching the final smalis so you can compare changes
    View attachment smali.zip
    cool !! \m/
    Yes that is a png. app_gauge.9