Sony’s Sirius Android 4.4 KitKat leaks

Search This thread

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
Yup, here's the first leaked shot from Avatar 2 filmed with the Ultra.

nvhs.jpg
Wrong scene, with that scene such noise wouldn't come up.. Maybe the 'tail combining' scene at night will get that noise LOL

fastest83

Jul 13, 2012

I swear, I almost pissed myself and dropped the Ultra, you're the Man, mate.
Some say that when he cuts a scene, he really cuts it with a Z Ultra as a razor.
Oh, and they can film while it's raining. But all the screens will freak and they'll have to repeat the scene hundreds of times.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://m.androidauthority.com/sony-xperia-sirius-android-4-4-kitkat-337202/

Check it out. We might even be getting some of these features

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app
    Rumor has James Cameron bought 50 Ultras to film his next colossal.
    True story.

nvhs.jpg
    Although we may get that feature I dont think we will :(

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app

Let's run through the list.

1. 4K Video Recording: Needs a physical component to match, so no.
    2. TimeShift Video: Also requires something physical.
    3. Glove Mode: I suppose this means that it'll work with gloves or something? I've never had a problem with the Z Ultra responding to me with gloves on
    4. Smart Backlight Control: This we could get, and it would be interesting. Probably a battery drain.
    5. Double Tap to Wake: I'm curious how they do this; My guess is that they don't turn the touch screen off even when the screen is off... which we could emulate, but that's a battery drain too.
    6. Built-in Answering Machine: Yeah, we could get that. I'm not entirely sure why one would want that, but we could get it.
    7. Launcher Choice: We can easily get this.
    8. Audio Accessories Functionality: This seriously just sounds like they're going to update their Smart Connect app to handle this stuff.
    9. USB DAC: Definately needs a hardware component.
    10. Notification Dropdown Customization: Wait, we can't do that yet?
    11. Default SMS App: Again, we couldn't do that before? We totally SHOULD get that.
    12. Printing: Should be getting that.
    13. What's New: It's an app and looks like their replacement of Google Now... If they do it right, could work. We'll probably get it.
    14. White Icons/Transparent Nav Bar: I could have sworn the thing already did this, but regardless, that's probably comming in the 4.4 update.
    15. Close All Apps: That'll be added for sure.

The things to be most excited about propbably all require some hardware component, while the things that are expected with the 4.4 update will come easily.
    Let's run through the list.

1. 4K Video Recording: Needs a physical component to match, so no.
    2. TimeShift Video: Also requires something physical.
    3. Glove Mode: I suppose this means that it'll work with gloves or something? I've never had a problem with the Z Ultra responding to me with gloves on
    4. Smart Backlight Control: This we could get, and it would be interesting. Probably a battery drain.
    5. Double Tap to Wake: I'm curious how they do this; My guess is that they don't turn the touch screen off even when the screen is off... which we could emulate, but that's a battery drain too.
    6. Built-in Answering Machine: Yeah, we could get that. I'm not entirely sure why one would want that, but we could get it.
    7. Launcher Choice: We can easily get this.
    8. Audio Accessories Functionality: This seriously just sounds like they're going to update their Smart Connect app to handle this stuff.
    9. USB DAC: Definately needs a hardware component.
    10. Notification Dropdown Customization: Wait, we can't do that yet?
    11. Default SMS App: Again, we couldn't do that before? We totally SHOULD get that.
    12. Printing: Should be getting that.
    13. What's New: It's an app and looks like their replacement of Google Now... If they do it right, could work. We'll probably get it.
    14. White Icons/Transparent Nav Bar: I could have sworn the thing already did this, but regardless, that's probably comming in the 4.4 update.
    15. Close All Apps: That'll be added for sure.

The things to be most excited about propbably all require some hardware component, while the things that are expected with the 4.4 update will come easily.

1. Glove Mode: Yes, this is so we can use it with gloves on, but the Ultra doesn't have issues with (thin) gloves, so meh..
    2. Smart Backlight Control: This is a software feature, so we could easily get it.
    3. Double Tap to Wake: It'll work on the Ultra, but i'm not sure how it works.
    4. Notification Dropdown Customization: We'll get the Quick Toggles like in AOSP (but skinned), so that's probably what they mean.
    5. Default SMS App: Yes, we can do this today, but KitKat introduced its own API to handle this, so it's officially a native feature, which isn't the case on older firmwares. It's a stock 4.4 feature, and that's pretty much it.
    6. Printing: This is also a stock 4.4 feature, so we'll get it.
    7. What's New: 100% software, so we'll probably get it. This is bloat in my eyes though, so i'll remove it.
    8. White Icons/Transparent Nav Bar: 4.4 introduced transparent statusbar and navbar, so it's required to have white statusbar icons so the statusbar icons doesn't clash with the rest of the UI. It's a requirement from Google.
    I've heard a lot of people complaining that Sony is going the "Samsung way", adding more and more layers to an up-until-now almost-vanilla stock Sony rom.
    I don't think that at all. Almost everyone of those updates adds something new that could be useful but most likely will not choke the processor or use the whole 2GB of Ram memory.
    The most useful feature I see is the knock on one, because it actually is a pain in the arse to get to that micro button, especially with a cover/bumper on.
    Adjustable white balance could be good, but I don't personally need it. I don't care about gloves, nor I care about the smart backlight: never used on Sammy, will never use it on Sony.
    Answering machine? No way, I hate those things.
    We will for sure get printing options (not that I print the that much from my phone), audio accessories functionality (depending on how they'll develop them, this could be useful) notification dropdown customization (I have mixed feelings about this, but I could get used to the AOSP notification system) what's new (more like who cares) white icons and transparent status bar (although now everything is customizable through themes) and close all apps (a thing you can get right now, even if you're not rooted or unlocked. See http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49517494, install, reboot, get the "close all" button. It is a Sony app after all.).
    The only features we definitely won't have will be 4K recording and timeshift video, but anyone with a Ultra most likely won't care about camera features in the first place.

P. S. The knock on feature can be enabled in several devices with a specific kernel, so the battery drain isn't that much, and by the way, the S800 processor is the same used by LG G2.