MY HTC ONE X AT&T has this screen and wont start up

Search This thread

pvirus86

Sep 29, 2013
Scarborough
please help me. i dont know what to do with this cell... anyhow i managed to get it into this screen...
it would keep restarting after displaying htc quietly brilliant.

i have no idea what was done to this cell as i got it lying around in my closet.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
To know what needs to be done I need to know the history of the device. Odin is Samsung only, there is no HTC equivalent. Who got the phone to this point, you or your cousin? You need to find out what he's done.

Sent from my Evita

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Well, one problem is that the screen is cracked. :p

Seriously though, the phone for some reason or other cannot load into the OS, and is stuck in bootloader. Other than that, not much else can be determined if you don't know the history of what was done.

is there any other way through which we can come to know what can be done??? such as an odin thing which i used to do in my samsung note 1 or 3???

Nope. You need to know the history of the device. There is an HTC-specific recovery utility. But running it on a device with unknown history can brick the phone permanently. Particularly since the device is definitely tampered (as shown on the first line of the screen).

Also, the phone's IMEI is personal information, and should not be posted on the internet. You should edit the photo to hide the IMEI.

TheDougTechCrew

Dec 5, 2012
DC
www.youtube.com
Unlock your bootloader. Sometimes if you have custom installed or fragments of a custom ROM on the device it will boot directly into your bootloader. After unlocking your bootloader you can install a recovery image and sideload a ROM.

pvirus86

Sep 29, 2013
Scarborough
yes i asked my brother and he is saying he doesnt remember what he had done to it... if anyone can show me a way to do something ill try it... or else should i take it to some shop to get it fixed.... which would cost me... but first i wanted to get my hands over d expert advise of u all

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
but can you let me know to revert it to stock. and will i have to do it from windows 7 or my mac os wud work???

This phone is in a dangerous state.. Running the RUU in this state could brick the phone (make it permanantly unusable without a jtag). Though typically that is how one would return a phone to stock.. to be honest, the safest thing to do would be to unlock the bootloader, flash a rom, S-OFF and then return it to stock. If these seem like foreign terms to you, you have a lot of reading to do. Your phone is in a tough spot right now ESPECIALLY not knowing the history regarding what was done. You would need the bootloader unlock token to reunlock that phone if you don't have it, there's very little chance of safely returning that phone to stock.

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
yes i asked my brother and he is saying he doesnt remember what he had done to it...

Brother or cousin, or both? It seems you don't even know who has been messing with your phone. And the person(s) messing with it don't have a clue what they are doing. So its no wonder the phone is in the state it is.

Agree with above that RUU is risky. Better to s-off the phone first.

pvirus86

Sep 29, 2013
Scarborough
Thank u all for the prompt replies, I have played with Samsung but not with HTC. But I can try to unlock the bootloader n turn d s-off. Can I get an step guide for HTC. The thing was I have many cellphone that I buy and use it very rarely. Majority I use is my note 3.

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thank u all for the prompt replies, I have played with Samsung but not with HTC. But I can try to unlock the bootloader not turn d s-off. Can I get an step guide for HTC. The thing was I have many cellphone that I buy and use it very rarely. Majority I use is my note 3.

There are detailed instructions available at htcdev for unlocking your bootloader. Once you've done that you need to flash a custom recovery, then you can flash root, then you can get s-off. Check my How-To Guide For Beginners thread, the link is in my signature.

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: exad

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
Thank u all for the prompt replies, I have played with Samsung but not with HTC. But I can try to unlock the bootloader n turn d s-off. Can I get an step guide for HTC. The thing was I have many cellphone that I buy and use it very rarely. Majority I use is my note 3.

Every device manufaccturer/model has different root methods. If you want to root the phone, you have to put the time in to learn the correct process. There is no shortcut. You won't find a step-by-step guide for the entire process, because of the different carrier version and firmware updates (root method, etc. differs for each). But all the resources you need are sticky at the top of either this Q&A forum section, or General section.

pvirus86

Sep 29, 2013
Scarborough
hi i tried to get to unlock the bootloader from the HTCDEV site. first of all the HTC ONE X wasnt on the list so i selected other supported devices

then followed the steps and got the following error

Error Code: 160.
Error Reason: MID Not Allowed.

now what does this mean??

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
That means you have the original CID still, which means you should be able to run the 3.18 RUU without any problems. Check your CID by issuing this fastboot command:

Code:
fastboot oem readcid

Sent from my Evita

pvirus86

Sep 29, 2013
Scarborough
yes i had issued this command after finding it in one of the websites and this was the result which i got

cid: CWS__001

or cid: c??__001

i forgot the exact two letter after C. i think it was CWS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank u all for the prompt replies, I have played with Samsung but not with HTC. But I can try to unlock the bootloader not turn d s-off. Can I get an step guide for HTC. The thing was I have many cellphone that I buy and use it very rarely. Majority I use is my note 3.

There are detailed instructions available at htcdev for unlocking your bootloader. Once you've done that you need to flash a custom recovery, then you can flash root, then you can get s-off. Check my How-To Guide For Beginners thread, the link is in my signature.

Sent from my Evita