[Q] Replacing the Xperia Tablet Zs screen - adhesive?

Search This thread

mrchumley

May 7, 2014
So I've taken the old cracked LCD off my Tablet Z and am about to order a new replacement.

Question is - anyone know what is used to stick the back cover back on and what is the best adhesive for sticking the LCD/Touch screen unit back in (3M double sided tape?). The cover was attached using some form of spongy foam tape - where can I get this from? Is this a sealant for the waterproofing aspect of the Xperia Tablet Z?

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013
So I've taken the old cracked LCD off my Tablet Z and am about to order a new replacement.

Question is - anyone know what is used to stick the back cover back on and what is the best adhesive for sticking the LCD/Touch screen unit back in (3M double sided tape?). The cover was attached using some form of spongy foam tape - where can I get this from? Is this a sealant for the waterproofing aspect of the Xperia Tablet Z?
as far as understand if you open the case once, your device is no longer waterproof even if you use adhesive/sealant.

mrchumley

May 7, 2014
I think your right, I seem to remember there is mention of some form of pressure test point in the tear down. In any case I won't be risking it near water. But generally does anyone know what the best adhesive to use is. Original stuff seems to be very strong but soft and tacky, unlike the superglue type which I will be avoiding.

stuart23

Oct 24, 2014
Gasket

Hey Guys,

I have to fix my screen and want to do it properly (read: OEM) so that it is again watertight. I have found the proper gaskets on ebay from the user original_parts_mobile_99, but they are so damn expensive. Anyone else know where these can be purchased from (at a reasonable price)? It seems everyone is selling the gaskets for the Xperia Z phones, but not the tablet :(

Stu

tracins

Hey Guys,

I have to fix my screen and want to do it properly (read: OEM) so that it is again watertight. I have found the proper gaskets on ebay from the user original_parts_mobile_99, but they are so damn expensive. Anyone else know where these can be purchased from (at a reasonable price)? It seems everyone is selling the gaskets for the Xperia Z phones, but not the tablet :(

Stu

Thanks, I understood what i needed. now i Found for less. Thanks dude! :)

Last edited:

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013
Hey Guys,

Stu
i think it's impossible to make tablet watertight again outside the factory. Even official service centers, while repairing device not always make it watertight again.:(