[MOD][Xposed] S-View ALL the covers

Search This thread

bipinbedi

Apr 20, 2011
New Delhi
Problem solved.! Just flash new kernel. Pekaka 4.2 cluster. After flash you don't need to install this module. It's working fine without this module. Press thanx if I helped.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Thx for d info, but sadly I m using n9005 international version and this kernel is only available for exynos version i.e. n900

NikolaFiko

Jul 30, 2014
Home button is not working after update to KK, it would be nice to wake S-View window with it. Can someone fix that?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

NikolaFiko

Jul 30, 2014
How can you press home button when cover is closed?I try to press but I can't.

If you have CWM recovery you can use key test option to see it can be pressed with cover on (I succeed every third time) . Also you can fill indentation on cover above home so it can be pressed easier, but it's not worth till someone unblocks button.

Also there are users with non - Samsung cases that have ability to press home button.

Last edited:

meetpatel

Aug 27, 2014
Ahmedabad
If you have CWM recovery you can use key test option to see it can be pressed with cover on (I succeed every third time) . Also you can fill indentation on cover above home so it can be pressed easier, but it's not worth till someone unblocks button.

Also there are users with non - Samsung cases that have ability to press home button.

Ok I tried and mine also not working.

bipinbedi

Apr 20, 2011
New Delhi

chighemezu

Sep 15, 2014
Armor view phone call answer problem

Hi to everybody, sorry for my poor english (in Italy we are not so used in speaking and writing it).
This is my first post and I I'd like to thank anybody who contributes to the developing of this special android oasis! I hope to post in the right place:cool:.

I've got a galaxy note 3 sm-n 9500 actually not rooted, and recently a friend of mine from whashington, gave me an original spigen armor view. I like a lot this gift, (I like her too) but it doesn't really work properly. I've already understood that for the home button there in nothing to do, but I was wondering if I could do anything at least to answer the calls. The problem is more or less the same that had a guy (Sacky73), that 2 pages before posted a comment. When I recive a call the window's case shows just for a moment the caller and then all becomes black. I have to open the case screen (at list for a while) in order to answer (after that I can carry on the concersation with the case closed)
Any help to fix it, please?
Thanks in advance:D

Alessandro

Mussels84

May 18, 2013
Hi to everybody, sorry for my poor english (in Italy we are not so used in speaking and writing it).
This is my first post and I I'd like to thank anybody who contributes to the developing of this special android oasis! I hope to post in the right place:cool:.

I've got a galaxy note 3 sm-n 9500 actually not rooted, and recently a friend of mine from whashington, gave me an original spigen armor view. I like a lot this gift, (I like her too) but it doesn't really work properly. I've already understood that for the home button there in nothing to do, but I was wondering if I could do anything at least to answer the calls. The problem is more or less the same that had a guy (Sacky73), that 2 pages before posted a comment. When I recive a call the window's case shows just for a moment the caller and then all becomes black. I have to open the case screen (at list for a while) in order to answer (after that I can carry on the concersation with the case closed)
Any help to fix it, please?
Thanks in advance:D

Alessandro

You could try updating the ROM you are on, to a newer version. I think that was fixed in newer samsung firmwares.

chighemezu

Sep 15, 2014
spigen armor view not working

You could try updating the ROM you are on, to a newer version. I think that was fixed in newer samsung firmwares.

Wow, really quick answer. That could be a solution I didn't take into consideration, but also a big step. I think I should do an hard reset after getting the new firmware, loosing everything, isn't it? ...4.4.4 is worthy of the pain? I'm asking, this is not sarcasm! :angel:

Thanks again!

chighemezu

Sep 15, 2014
Armor view by spigen

I did as you recommended me to do. There was a little update to download that I didn't see and everything seems to work perfectly. Kitkat version is always the same as before. I suppose that in the future I'll be able to root the device too with towelroot...at least I hope!
Thanks a lot:good::good::good:

Grooby97

Oct 12, 2009
reconfigure S-View after reboot

I've been using this xposed module but seems like I have to reconfigure my s-view after every reboot?

chighemezu

Sep 15, 2014
At the end the cover didn't work anymore, also after the update. I bought an original sview cover by samsung and replaced the armor view chip. It's almost 3 monthes that is working perfectly. If I had known before, I wouldn't update the phone, since now is too much difficult to root it with towelroot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requires Xposed Framework!

I recently got access to a Note 3 (it's not mine). I wanted to make S-View Music Controls support it so I went ahead and purchased a Spigen cover (still in shipping) and upgraded the device to KitKat, where apparently, Samsung disabled S-View for non genuine cases.

This module bypasses verification and forces S-View to work on 4.4.2.
    I can't test this since I don't have access to the device atm, nor do I have a case, but it's been confirmed working on two devices thus far :)

Compatibility:
    Note 3 with KitKat

Download:
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.mohammadag.sviewverificationbypasser

Source code:
    Source code is here: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed-SViewALLTheCovers
    You may not post it on the Play Store, whether for free or not.

Support development:
    If you found this mod useful, consider donating with PayPal.
    Great Man. Finally I can update to kitkat if its working.

Keep in mind this requires Xposed, which needs root :)
    The home button works with spigen case? ?? Thanks

Enviado desde mi SM-N9005 mediante Tapatalk

No idea, I don't have a device to test.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
    Is it even possible to launch S-View programmatically? If so, someone could just write an app by checking the magnetic sensor.

There's a check done in SystemUI, so no.

This can be solved by case manufacturers, it seems that this isn't a move by Samsung to kill covers, but rather to make the covers more integrated, and this came as a side effect (whether they knew about that or not I don't know).

I'm guessing that on 4.3, they never checked the ID since there were only S-View covers, so reacting to the magnet was enough (as long as there was a chip on the back).
    In 4.4, that may have changed to checking the ID to distinguish between normal covers that should just toggle the display, S-View, and S-View with charging. It defaults to no case though.

Case manufacturers can simply make a similar chip that feeds ID type 1. I'm no hardware engineer, and I barely understand chips and how they work (this may even be solved by simply writing to the chip on current cases, if that can be done).

I'd love it if someone who knows a thing or two about EE can comment on how much BS I said :)

Edit: One more thing, I'm guessing they didn't check the magnet alone because of the issues that happened on the S4 (people working close to magnetic fields had the S-View screen shown all the time they were in that magnetic field)
    Have u try the case that doesnt have magnet at the front? I feel that the non original must a small magnet at the front.
    Is it work with non magnet?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Only magnet is required to activate it!

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Have u try the case that doesnt have magnet at the front? I feel that the non original must a small magnet at the front.
    Is it work with non magnet?

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Maybe this mode disable the cip and activate sview by proximity censor.

Magnet is required, not using proximity sensor as I cover the proximity sensor part with a normal case only not working.