Well we fall into the 18 month upgrade policy with the Nexus S 4g to Jelly Bean?

Search This thread

Google_Nexus

Apr 12, 2012
Well on May 9th 2011 Sprint and Google released the Nexus S 4g onto the world. The original Nexus S (gsm) was released on December 16 2010. So for the Nexus S4g should fall with the time frame of the 18 month upgrade but the regular Nexus S does not... So will we get it? I think Goog may say that well no since the original Nexus S shipped in Dec 2010 but since it was about 5 months late to market with the cdma nexus s 4g that should as i think get us an official update to JellyBean. If we do not get it then we should mail in jellybeans to google hq and demand an official update. Granted we can wait for the devs to get something but would it only be asop which to me sucks since no *#*#code#*#* codes are supported in asop which is a deal breaker for me.

thegtfusion

Jan 24, 2011
Utrecht
I think if the nexus s 4g will get it the gsm nexus also will get it as they have the same hardware exept the radio. And the radio doesnt affect the performance so if ns4g gets it we also will get it. (My opinion)

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

stremax

Oct 14, 2011
vasto
same for me, the 4g and the gsm are same hardware, and plus the dev down here will for sure find a solution for us "poor" nexus user...:)

Google_Nexus

Apr 12, 2012
same for me, the 4g and the gsm are same hardware, and plus the dev down here will for sure find a solution for us "poor" nexus user...:)

anyone notice that if you take the ics stock non rooted it is slower way way slower then GB? I then rooted the phone and then flashed and stock ics that is rooted and that was slow still. I then re wipped again and flashed the performance mod from the stock rooted ics and its a bit better but still just a tad bit slower but not bad. i hope that JB is faster... I think that JB will be android 4.1 and not really 5.0 sort of like how windows 7 is not version 7 but version 6.1

bozzykid

May 1, 2011
Well on May 9th 2011 Sprint and Google released the Nexus S 4g onto the world. The original Nexus S (gsm) was released on December 16 2010. So for the Nexus S4g should fall with the time frame of the 18 month upgrade but the regular Nexus S does not... So will we get it?

First off, the 18 month policy doesn't actually exist. Google proposed it last year but it never took off. Sure, some companies said they would support it but it has been since been thrown to the wolves.

Google_Nexus

Apr 12, 2012
First off, the 18 month policy doesn't actually exist. Google proposed it last year but it never took off. Sure, some companies said they would support it but it has been since been thrown to the wolves.

then let the droids out and lets riot over the issue!
WBPX_zJbmeYf8qUZl6yTZFfo8Em5f3DI03HpIfmNV6SiQC7xmbd46pA0CnVyHOp0Cog=w705

IFWT_riot_gear_police.png

podtalje

Mar 22, 2010
One of the best things about Google phones is that they are well supported. That is why I wouldn't fear that we will not get Jelly Bean.

Even in worst case scenario if there is no official update from Google, there will be plenty of unofficial ROMs, built from original sources.

treyweez11

Jan 4, 2012
Atlanta
Stop talking about jelly bean. I'm enjoying ics right now and you guys are impatient. Damn enjoy what they gave you 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

triosakti

Jul 25, 2009
Isn't Jelly Bean is build for Tablet only, just like Honeycomb?

I've read it somewhere... (but I forgot where :D)

bozzykid

May 1, 2011

Yeah, there are articles about it. But of course the authors are idiots for writing such non-sense. No way they do this after they spent a year trying to educate devs on how to write apps that work on phones and tablets. They aren't going to separate the SDK again. Jelly bean will surely be for phones and tablets.

Reactions: aureleuz

.OmEgA

May 16, 2011
Michigan
Key lime pie is what I want, screw your stupid out dated jelly bean.

★★| Π§4G | ÅØKP | ÄÎR K€RÑ£L | ÃMØL£D ßLÛĒ THËM€ |★★

Google_Nexus

Apr 12, 2012
Stop talking about jelly bean. I'm enjoying ics right now and you guys are impatient. Damn enjoy what they gave you 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

that is rubbish... and two weeks ago my behind... ICS was to be out almost 6moths ago... and we live in an instant gratification society. If we took your view then we would still be on the original brick analog cellphone or better yet we would only have the rotary home phone and an operator picking up the line asking who you wanted and listing in on your calls.

Never stand still always get what you want... after all this is America.... or would you like the telegraph? or better yet the smoke signal?

telephone+operator.jpg

telegraph-office-c1902.jpg

ksmn2115l.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yeah, there are articles about it. But of course the authors are idiots for writing such non-sense. No way they do this after they spent a year trying to educate devs on how to write apps that work on phones and tablets. They aren't going to separate the SDK again. Jelly bean will surely be for phones and tablets.