Stupid Questions Thread- No Question too stupid! I promise!

Do you think this thread is helping with unneeded threads from popping up?

• Yes! less threads asking common or stupid stuff

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No. but Like the idea

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • NO! Hate everything about this thread!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

xBeerdroiDx

Nov 10, 2012
Fort Worth
What's the difference between cwm and touch cwm? Also kernels. What are they and what's the reason for changing them?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Cwm requires you to use the physical buttons on your phone to navigate in recovery mode. "touch" cwm allows you to do just that: touch your screen. Info about what a kernel is and how it's employed can be found here:
http://xdaforums.com/wiki/index.php?title=ROM-VS-Kernel#The_kernel

Read up. It's good info

Reactions: Tr1ggerhappy07

droid_funktionz

Feb 3, 2013
I have tried out a few different various 4.2.1 - 4.2.2 aokp roms and I have found a few that I like a lot.

Question is I have noticed in many of the screenshots for the various roms the lockscreen shows more than 5 lockscreen targets. How do you make more than 5? Mine only seems to allow 5 by default.

I am currently on task 650 btw. I appreciate the help.

oddspec

Sep 28, 2011
palm bay
Google Pixel 7
I have tried out a few different various 4.2.1 - 4.2.2 aokp roms and I have found a few that I like a lot.

Question is I have noticed in many of the screenshots for the various roms the lockscreen shows more than 5 lockscreen targets. How do you make more than 5? Mine only seems to allow 5 by default.

I don't know if its been added back in to tasks aokp since it just went to 4.2.2 but I can make 8 targets on slimbean
fvjU5q2.png

sent from the samsung galaxy airplane (i747)

Reactions: droid_funktionz

Ariestotle

Apr 21, 2011

You could also try Widgetlocker. It satisfied all my lockscreen needs.

oilers2010

Nov 7, 2010
Edmonton
Went back to stock after trying tasks AOKP and thinking about trying CM 10.1 M1. But I'm curious how stable it is in terms of LTE with Rogers.

pkimkpop

Dec 16, 2012
developmental settings

Hi can you please help I some how enabled developmental settings in liquid smooth rom and I want to disable it. I was pressing on the "build number" box

bdithug

Mar 26, 2012
Burlington
LG G8
Sony Xperia 1 IV
Hi can you please help I some how enabled developmental settings in liquid smooth rom and I want to disable it. I was pressing on the "build number" box

Go into settings, scroll to the bottom where you see developer settings, click it, the first option should be to disable them. If not, just un check every option in there to disable all developer settings.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

SRTGS300

Dec 28, 2012
I'd like to go back to stock or find a ROM that has a functioning multiwindow other than Synergy, I flashed the wrong version and it gave me a headache with all the different versions. Ive been searching but I cant find a way to go back to stock without unrooting. Can someone send me a link? TIA

Last edited:

Cholerabob

Jun 3, 2011
Montreal
I did a backup today with CM and i noticed the name of the backup was wrong ... It was give the name 1970-07-25 ....Isn't it supposed to be the date it was done on ?

xBeerdroiDx

Nov 10, 2012
Fort Worth
I did a backup today with CM and i noticed the name of the backup was wrong ... It was give the name 1970-07-25 ....Isn't it supposed to be the date it was done on ?

That's how cwm has worked on both of my phones. I don't sweat it too much. Some people have reported errors when trying to get restore a renamed backup, if that's what you want to try. You can make backups in rom manager with the correct date

Bubba

Dec 31, 2011
Hell ( I've taken over. Come on down.)
That's how cwm has worked on both of my phones. I don't sweat it too much. Some people have reported errors when trying to get restore a renamed backup, if that's what you want to try. You can make backups in rom manager with the correct date

You can rename it whatever you want .. just DO NOT use any spaces in the name.

C2Q

Dec 10, 2011
Hey guys. I'm currently on cm 10.1 and considering trying out another ROM. What's the best way to backup all my apps and/or data to restore quickly once I flash the other ROM?

eduardo_b

Jun 27, 2012
45°28′N 09°11′E
Hey guys. I'm currently on cm 10.1 and considering trying out another ROM. What's the best way to backup all my apps and/or data to restore quickly once I flash the other ROM?

It depends. You can use CWM to back up everything, then use advanced restore to just restore apps and their data, or you can use Titanium Backup for this purpose. The problem is that not all ROM changes are compatible with these. Some are and some are not. I'd say the most critical aspect is staying within one source -- AOSP or AOKP -- when changing ROMs and restoring.

dazzilla

Feb 18, 2013
Help with root/heimdall

Hello,

I am on a Macbook pro & I am trying to use Heimdall-suite-1.3.2 to root my Samsung Galaxy SIII [AT&T i747 Jellybean 4.1.1].

I keep getting this error:
"Checking if protocol is initialised.....
Protocol is not initialised.
Initialising protocol.....
ERROR: Failed to initialise protocol!"

[they can't even spell initialize right... dammit]

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Does anyone know about an easier way than this? Being on a Macbook Pro, I am somewhat limited [don't have Windows installed on my Mac] so can anyone help this newbie out??

Any ideas would be grateful.

Thanks,
Noob.

Last edited:

aes623

Feb 19, 2013
Microphone issue during call - cutting off with strange icon

I am new and apologize if I repeat a question but I searched and didn't find an answer.

I just received a warranty replacement of my SIII and when I made a call, the person on the other end complained that I was either muted or the sound came up slowly and was distorted. There is also a strange icon on the left side of the call screen, across from the hold button, that looks like a squiggle with a line going through it. I even did a factory reset and that still did not help. Has anyone seen this symbol and how might I be able to fix it? Thank you in advance for your help.

My phone is rooted but is not running a custom ROM.

curbcrete

removing files

I am wondering what files I can remove without altering my phone. I am running liquid smooth 4.2.2 and like it and don't want to change anything, but my card is almost full of a lot of O files and I don't quite understand what keeps making these, I started with 1, now I have like 10. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

colemac

Jul 15, 2011
On battery on AOKP tasks. How can I see the percentage number in task bar for battery?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is for those who have what they may feel is a stupid or simple question. Please read through the thread and use the search first. I know Google doesn't always like to make it easy to find answers, so lets work together to give answers where we can. And please remember you will be reported for flaming others.

Remember, the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask.

Thanks goes to lumin30 for coming up with this idea. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1494423
    Hi.

What do batteries run on?

Also, if I melt some dry ice, can I liquid cool my phone without it getting wet?
    have to answ
    Theres a little pink bunny beating on a big bass drum. The faster he beats the more electricity your battery puts out. When he gets tired you plug your phone up so he can rest. You know he's well rested when you see 100%. Then he does it all over again. Amazing. Someone else will have to answer your dry ice question. dry ice floats
    have to answ
    Theres a little pink bunny beating on a big bass drum. The faster he beats the more electricity your battery puts out. When he gets tired you plug your phone up so he can rest. You know he's well rested when you see 100%. Then he does it all over again. Amazing.

Amazing times we live in with miniature pink robot bunnies keeping our phones running! Wish my eyes were smaller so I could see inside of the battery and say "HI BUNNAY! THANKYOU!" :)

Someone else will have to answer your dry ice question. dry ice floats

It floats?! Are you thinking what I'm thinking? If we strap some ice to our phone and hold on tight we can float up to the cottoncandy clouds and eat all we want! Yum
    Is there a way to mute/remove the freaking annoying chime/bell sound that the dialer makes when connecting the the line when dialing a number ?
    open dialer, hit menu, settings/call alert/call status tones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Hi.

What do batteries run on?

Also, if I melt some dry ice, can I liquid cool my phone without it getting wet?