Converted to Google edition want to go back to sense

Search This thread

doug0365

Mar 13, 2006
Florida
Hello,

I've converted my stock AT&T HTC One sense to the Google Edition a few months ago and want to go back to sense Roms. Can I simply just flash a custom sense rom? Or do I need to covert my one back to Att stock sense?

qzcgd

Jan 31, 2011
Montreal
Hello,

I've converted my stock AT&T HTC One sense to the Google Edition a few months ago and want to go back to sense Roms. Can I simply just flash a custom sense rom? Or do I need to covert my one back to Att stock sense?

Give more details. Do you have S-OFF ? Firmware version ? etc..

Otherwise you make people's will to help you kinda disappear.

Last edited:

doug0365

Mar 13, 2006
Florida

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Otherwise you make people's will to help you kinda disappear.

Sorry about that

I have S-Off
HBoot 1.54
Radio 4a.18.3263.15

Anything else needed?

qzcgd

Jan 31, 2011
Montreal
Sorry about that

I have S-Off
HBoot 1.54
Radio 4a.18.3263.15

Anything else needed?

Nope, thank you.

Because you're going to have to wipe EVERYTHING (preferably at least); do a full backup of your stuff (nandroid etc)
Since your phone is S-OFF, make sure you have SuperCID. You don't really need to reflash recovery I guess, unless it's out-of-date or not working properly.

1. Start your phone in bootloader by typing
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
  2. Select "Fastboot" so that it appears in red instead of HBOOT
  3. On your computer, make sure fastboot sees your device, then type
    Code:
    fastboot erase cache
  4. Type
    Code:
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
  5. Download the new firmware.zip
  6. Type
    Code:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
  7. Once it's rebooted on a silver HTC logo, type :
    Code:
    fastboot flash zip [pathonyourcomputer/firmware.zip]
  8. Wait until it is done on your computer. The green line on the phone will never reach the end.
  9. Type
    Code:
  10. Reflash your recovery (I recommend CWM). Might as well play it safe.
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery [pathonyourcomputer/recovery.img]
  11. Reboot into recovery (select the option in fastboot)
  12. Wipe data/factory reset (you will loose everythng)
    *** If there are files you need to keep, you can always use adb pull to get them out before hand (let's say a nandroid backup or something important)
  13. Wipe Cache partition
  14. Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache
Now you have 2 options :

Push
  • While in recovery, type
    Code:
    adb push [path/rom.zip] /sdcard/rom.zip
  • Select "Install zip"
  • Select "Choose zip from sdcard"
  • Voila ! You should be good to go !

Sideload
  • Select "Install zip"
  • Select "Install zip from sideload"
  • Type
    Code:
    adb sideload [path/rom.zip]

doug0365

Mar 13, 2006
Florida
Nope, thank you.

Because you're going to have to wipe EVERYTHING (preferably at least); do a full backup of your stuff (nandroid etc)
Since your phone is S-OFF, make sure you have SuperCID. You don't really need to reflash recovery I guess, unless it's out-of-date or not working properly.

1. Start your phone in bootloader by typing
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
  2. Select "Fastboot" so that it appears in red instead of HBOOT
  3. On your computer, make sure fastboot sees your device, then type
    Code:
    fastboot erase cache
  4. Type
    Code:
  5. Download the new firmware.zip
  6. Type
    Code:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
  7. Once it's rebooted on a silver HTC logo, type :
    Code:
    fastboot flash zip [pathonyourcomputer/firmware.zip]
  8. Wait until it is done on your computer. The green line on the phone will never reach the end.
  9. Type
    Code:
  10. Reflash your recovery (I recommend CWM). Might as well play it safe.
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery [pathonyourcomputer/recovery.img]
  11. Reboot into recovery (select the option in fastboot)
  12. Wipe data/factory reset (you will loose everythng)
    *** If there are files you need to keep, you can always use adb pull to get them out before hand (let's say a nandroid backup or something important)
  13. Wipe Cache partition
  14. Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache
Now you have 2 options :

Push
  • While in recovery, type
    Code:
    adb push [path/rom.zip] /sdcard/rom.zip
  • Select "Install zip"
  • Select "Choose zip from sdcard"

Sideload
  • Select "Install zip"
  • Select "Install zip from sideload"
  • Type
    Code:
    adb sideload [path/rom.zip]

Ok so basically I'm upgrading my firmware? But does this converts my phone from GE to stock sense? Sorry not to question you here as you have taken the time to help me out here. Just want to make sure what's going to happen and I really appreciate your help on this

Btw I currently have CID -googl001. When you mean super CID I have to change it to 1111111?

qzcgd

Jan 31, 2011
Montreal
Ok so basically I'm upgrading my firmware? But does this converts my phone from GE to stock sense? Sorry not to question you here as you have taken the time to help me out here. Just want to make sure what's going to happen and I really appreciate your help on this

Btw I currently have CID -googl001. When you mean super CID I have to change it to 1111111?
Oh you wanna go back to stock stock stock S-ON and everything ? Just download this RUU, follow this guide and you'll be good to go.

Last edited:

doug0365

Mar 13, 2006
Florida
Oh you wanna go back to stock stock stock S-ON and everything ? Just download this RUU : http://www.htc.com/us/support/news.aspx?p_id=628&p_name=htc-one-att and you'll be good to go.

Actually what I really want is to switch back and forth from sense roms to GE roms which I was able to do back then when I hadn't converted my one to a GE edition. Having that said I was under the impression that you couldn't flash sense roms once you fully converted over or is that a false assumption? I just want to get back that ability I once had I don't need to go back fully stock stock but just enough where I'm able to run sense roms.

Sorry if I'm not making sense here

qzcgd

Jan 31, 2011
Montreal
Actually what I really want is to switch back and forth from sense roms to GE roms which I was able to do back then when I hadn't converted my one to a GE edition. Having that said I was under the impression that you couldn't flash sense roms once you fully converted over or is that a false assumption? I just want to get back that ability I once had I don't need to go back fully stock stock but just enough where I'm able to run sense roms.

Sorry if I'm not making sense here

Personally I'd just flash the RUU to make sure everything is up to date. Just put your old CID back. Afterwards, since you have s-off, you can install whatever you want. But I'd start with changing the CID and flashing the RUU. So pretty much do this but with the AT&T RUU.

If you really wanna switch that much, why don't you try this! Seems tailor-made for you haha

CoryTallman

Jun 3, 2013
San Tan Valley
I don't know why you'd go through all this trouble. Just flash a Sense rom.
They work fine on GPe firmware. That's what I'm running right now. (I just like the black boot loader. ;) )

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

r3al_0g

Jan 8, 2011
Mandeville
Personally I'd just flash the RUU to make sure everything is up to date. Just put your old CID back. Afterwards, since you have s-off, you can install whatever you want. But I'd start with changing the CID and flashing the RUU. So pretty much do this but with the AT&T RUU.

If you really wanna switch that much, why don't you try this! Seems tailor-made for you haha

can i use the 4.3 AT&T RUU or the one from the link u mentioned above