Is Android development kinda dead?

Search This thread

Zombtastic

Jan 2, 2013
I didn't expect much, I know the focus on this isn't really the android aspect but more so the game streaming... But there was some promising things (albeit overly ambitious) like the ouya port over.

But here we are six (seven?) months out and only really have recoveries which don't serve much of a purpose without any ROMs outside of backups.

What is your guys' opinions? Is there anything you'd even wanna flash on these things?

Failrunner

Aug 19, 2012
I didn't expect much, I know the focus on this isn't really the android aspect but more so the game streaming... But there was some promising things (albeit overly ambitious) like the ouya port over.

But here we are six (seven?) months out and only really have recoveries which don't serve much of a purpose without any ROMs outside of backups.

What is your guys' opinions? Is there anything you'd even wanna flash on these things?

If people are like me i don't feel the need for that stuff because the device works really well. I normally use all that stuff but this time i have no interest in it. Same with my Nexus 7 2013. Normally if i want a few custom options i use the xposed framework tweaks. I have a reboot option. Themes that were ported from cm10. De-bloated it myself. Added custom tiles to the drop down and also changed the way the tiles worked. Such as tapping the wifi turns it on and off instead of bringing you to the wifi settings. I also added more play store compatibility. I think a lot of people want custom roms for pure android as well. That's not an issue though. I love doing it all myself.

psycho1200

Jun 20, 2012
Ecatepec
The same here i only use modules from xposed framework, i really like the device stock, the only think that i want it is a better kernel, sometimes when I'm playing games like dead trigger 2 or metal slug, is a kind of laggy maybe a better kernel would be great, but for the rom is ok having the stock with obviously the latest otas from nvidia

eman2001

Oct 2, 2012
London
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6

There isn't that much development for the shield because i dont know why the heck nvidia only decided to release the device for america and not Europe and the rest or the world, NVIDIA the world is bigger than AMERICA, so only the people that have imported from america would have the device which is a shame as there are lots of people who love this device but cant get their hands on it because its not released in their country :(:crying: I had to import mine because its still not released here in the UK

Last edited:

ricardo85x

Aug 30, 2013
Sao Paulo
There isn't that much development for the shield because i dont know why the heck nvidia only decided to release the device for america and not Europe and the rest or the world, NVIDIA the world is bigger than AMERICA, so only the people that have imported from america would have the device which is a shame as there are lots of people who love this device but cant get their hands on it because its not released in their country :(:crying: I had to import mine because its still not released here in the UK

I believe that NVIDIA did not sell much in America.
or certainly NVIDIA would release the device in more countries.