[Q] Trying to do an OTA

Search This thread

andregardner

Aug 24, 2014
Exeter
Hello,

So I want to do an OTA from 4.4.2 > 4.4.3 on my One (M8).

I have Un-rooted, flashed a stok recovery and already have stock firmware.

Yet when I try and install it I get to about 1/4 then it shows a red triangle with an exclamation point.

I'm not sure what I've done wrong!

Please help :)

Many thanks

Andre

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Hello,

So I want to do an OTA from 4.4.2 > 4.4.3 on my One (M8).

I have Un-rooted, flashed a stok recovery and already have stock firmware.

Yet when I try and install it I get to about 1/4 then it shows a red triangle with an exclamation point.

I'm not sure what I've done wrong!

Please help :)

Many thanks

Andre

Have you disabled or removed any other system apps or made any other changes or mods to the system?

Oh, also, you probably need to relock the bootloader. Not sure about OTAs since I never ever do OTAs as they are the least desirable way to update, but via RUUs or firmware updates for HTCs you have to relock, so doubtful it's different here.

andregardner

Aug 24, 2014
Exeter
Have you disabled or removed any other system apps or made any other changes or mods to the system?

Oh, also, you probably need to relock the bootloader. Not sure about OTAs since I never ever do OTAs as they are the least desirable way to update, but via RUUs or firmware updates for HTCs you have to relock, so doubtful it's different here.

Thanks for the reply.

So I just re-locked the boatloader and ran the OTA.

I got the same result, a red triangle with an exclamation point.

I don't think I have modded anything, I did install viper rom, but I then backed up to a pervious stock version.

Any suggestions?

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
That's the thing, I want to go back to stock :/

I tried downloading a stock nandroid back up from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2701376

But the MEGA.nz link starts to download then gives me an error. Just my luck.

Not sure what to do?

That's crazy talk... lol

But without knowing which version of the phone you have, if it came from a carrier, what build version and firmware version are currently installed, etc, then can't really provide much more detailed instructions. If you aren't sure, re-read that first post again and use the fastboot commands to find out the important stuff.

andregardner

Aug 24, 2014
Exeter
That's crazy talk... lol

But without knowing which version of the phone you have, if it came from a carrier, what build version and firmware version are currently installed, etc, then can't really provide much more detailed instructions. If you aren't sure, re-read that first post again and use the fastboot commands to find out the important stuff.

I know about my build version ect. and I have found the correct nandroid backup and recovery.

Is there any other way to get this firmware update?

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
I know about my build version ect. and I have found the correct nandroid backup and recovery.

Is there any other way to get this firmware update?

The 3 ways are OTA, RUU, or firmware upgrade zip if S-Off. Pretty sure there won't be an RUU for 4.4.3 yet as it just dropped recently. You could try to RUU back to official 4.4.2 and try the OTA then if the nandroid restore doesn't help, but those are the only ways.

andregardner

Aug 24, 2014
Exeter
The 3 ways are OTA, RUU, or firmware upgrade zip if S-Off. Pretty sure there won't be an RUU for 4.4.3 yet as it just dropped recently. You could try to RUU back to official 4.4.2 and try the OTA then if the nandroid restore doesn't help, but those are the only ways.

Ok thanks,

Do you know where I could get the 4.4.2 RUU? (Or a list of them?)

Thanks for this

andregardner

Aug 24, 2014
Exeter
So I flashed that ROM today and the OTA worked!

Thank you soooo much for finding it!

I'm now on 4.4.3, so I can use ViperOne properly :)

Top Liked Posts