[Q] issues after 24 hours of use!

Search This thread

jonnyguitar

Apr 3, 2010
Ok first off, I love the Galaxy Nexus. However I am a very intense user and always push things to the limits :)

So I have noticed a few oddities:

1. This morning the volume went down on its down. I actually saw the volume bar appear and decrease, as if I was pushing down on the rocker. It happened twice. Both times I was hammering the phone so perhaps it's related to RAM? The first time I was moving six 400mb avi files from one folder to another using a file manager app, and listening to MP3s at the same time.

2. I heard this phone has visual voicemail, but my voicemails appear in the same way as they did before. (a text telling me to dial the vm number). Any ideas? I am on Vodafone UK contract.

3. When I bought the phone and turned it on, I entered my google account details. The phone then installed a bunch of apps I had installed on my last phone, the HTC Desire. Some of these apps I didn't want any more so I uninstalled them. This was all fine until I woke up this morning and found the phone had downloaded and reinstalled them again overnight!! What's going on here?! Will I wake up tomorrow to find them appear again?

4. The Android Market sometimes has the movies page, and sometimes doesn't. Very odd. It's up to date so I don't know what that's about. Also there's now a Vodafone section to the Market. It's a non-branded phone so I am a little surprised. There must be a network dedicated section now.

5. The BBC iPlayer is missing from the market. Why is this? I am in the UK and it's always been there before.

6. I have found it tough to find a movie player app that plays my avi and mkv files. Rockplayer doesn't want to work now. MXPlayer doesn't run at all. Mplayer is ok but the videos are not that smooth. What else is there to try??

I hope this post has given a helpful insight into the Galaxy Nexus - it would be great if an expert could please address some of these issues for me.

Thanks all

Jonny

her0n

Nov 15, 2011
Hampshire
Ok first off, I love the Galaxy Nexus. However I am a very intense user and always push things to the limits :)

1. This morning the volume went down on its down. I actually saw the volume bar appear and decrease, as if I was pushing down on the rocker. It happened twice. Both times I was hammering the phone so perhaps it's related to RAM? The first time I was moving six 400mb avi files from one folder to another using a file manager app, and listening to MP3s at the same time.

I have noticed this too, odd! I thought it was because my hand was near it, but definitely haven't clicked the buttons so.. hrm!

dpenurse

Apr 26, 2009
I too have noticed that BBC Iplayer is missing.

Also, I went on the BBC website and tried a flash player video... not working.

Tried downloading flash and it's not compatible?

Anyone know why or if it is permanent?

el3ctrik

Aug 2, 2011
Manchester

I've had mine open the browser whilst it was laid on the table as I watched :confused:

6. I have found it tough to find a movie player app that plays my avi and mkv files. Rockplayer doesn't want to work now. MXPlayer doesn't run at all. Mplayer is ok but the videos are not that smooth. What else is there to try??

I think I saw a thread saying that Diceplayer has been updated for the GN - not used it myself, but might be worth a look into. They claimed it's hw decoding avi and mkv.

drewstiff

Jun 8, 2009
I too have noticed that BBC Iplayer is missing.

Also, I went on the BBC website and tried a flash player video... not working.

Tried downloading flash and it's not compatible?

Anyone know why or if it is permanent?

You will find that because it is a new OS version, some apps will have to be updated to show in the market.

E.g. BBC probably labelled their iPlayer app as being compatible with Froyo, Gingerbread and Honeycomb so until the app is updated it won't show for ICS users.

Other app makers may have just labelled the app as "works with all versions" or "works with Froyo or later" for example.

seakins

Sep 15, 2010
Kent
I too have had an issue with the volume going down and then immediately going up again. Quite weird. Only happened twice since yday.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

her0n

Nov 15, 2011
Hampshire
I just received a phonecall and the volume rocker I had to fight with to try and get it full volume. Phone won, call was quiet :(

Nebucatnetzer

Feb 4, 2011

How about Mobo Player?

I'm so jealous on you UK guys. We will get maybe sometimes in the next 3 weeks...

electric0ant

Feb 9, 2011
I had the volume issue where it kept going up and down by itself a few times today.
but since about 4pm it hasn't happened again...

Tjotte

Oct 3, 2008
Stockholm
Could it be that the volume issue has something to do with some preset profiles that should not be there?

Sent from my X10i using xda premium

dumb donkey

Dec 21, 2008
i've got the volume problem too. Picked up my phone today and its done it about 5 times in the past hour or so while i've been playing with the phone. usually coincides with me sending/ receiving a text message. Really annoying problem as i dont know i have received a text most of the time.

T

Thyrus

Mhhh. thats a handful of users now with the SAV-Ghost (had to give it a name - self-adjusting volume) .

Biggest worry I have seen yet (apart from flash which will be sorted out sooner or later)....

ruthlesset

Mar 26, 2010
When the volume started changing on it's own, did the temperature suddenly drop and lights started flickering?

Reactions: case0

Shodney

Jul 16, 2010
Leeds
i've got the volume problem too. Picked up my phone today and its done it about 5 times in the past hour or so while i've been playing with the phone. usually coincides with me sending/ receiving a text message. Really annoying problem as i dont know i have received a text most of the time.

I got the problem too, but it only seems to happen just after I unlock the phone.

Chrono_Tata

Sep 29, 2010
Getting the volume problem a lot as well. It's weird cause it didn't happen yesterday at all, only started today.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2. I heard this phone has visual voicemail, but my voicemails appear in the same way as they did before. (a text telling me to dial the vm number). Any ideas? I am on Vodafone UK contract.

3. When I bought the phone and turned it on, I entered my google account details. The phone then installed a bunch of apps I had installed on my last phone, the HTC Desire. Some of these apps I didn't want any more so I uninstalled them. This was all fine until I woke up this morning and found the phone had downloaded and reinstalled them again overnight!! What's going on here?! Will I wake up tomorrow to find them appear again?

4. The Android Market sometimes has the movies page, and sometimes doesn't. Very odd. It's up to date so I don't know what that's about. Also there's now a Vodafone section to the Market. It's a non-branded phone so I am a little surprised. There must be a network dedicated section now.

5. The BBC iPlayer is missing from the market. Why is this? I am in the UK and it's always been there before.

I hope this post has given a helpful insight into the Galaxy Nexus - it would be great if an expert could please address some of these issues for me.

Thanks all

Jonny
    When the volume started changing on it's own, did the temperature suddenly drop and lights started flickering?