What Custom ROM would you recommend for decent battery life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Autodroid

Feb 6, 2012
I am using Resurrection Remix 1.1 and find it very good. I have tried chicken v6 Lightning ROM and Miui but keep coming back to resurrection remix.
I open to giving others try if recommended.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

I like Resurrection remix very much as well, but battery life only lasts 20 hours +/-,
with moderate use, but it is the best ics rom out there!!!
:)

themadba

May 17, 2011
Belfast, United Kingdom
I am using Resurrection Remix 1.1 and find it very good. I have tried chicken v6 Lightning ROM and Miui but keep coming back to resurrection remix.
I open to giving others try if recommended.

Try Simplistic ROM Lite. It has fantastic battery life after a few cycles, and the developer keeps in contact with the users.

Here is the link to the ROM:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21477147&postcount=2

Brightlenny

I like Resurrection remix very much as well, but battery life only lasts 20 hours +/-,
with moderate use, but it is the best ics rom out there!!!
:)

Have you tried resurrection remix 1.1 which was released yesterday Autodroid will have to give it a couple of days before I can pass judgment but battery life appears a little better then previous builds

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
We don't recommend any custom rom for decent battery life. For the simple reason there is no such thing as the "best custom rom for battery life". You have your phone setup differently to everyone else, you use your phone differently to everyone else and your phone came out of the factory slightly differently to everyone else's.

A rom that runs well for me might not run well for you.

I suggest you go the development sections of the forum & read the first few pages and the the last 10-20 pages of the particular threads devoted to different roms. That way you will get an idea of the features/pluses/minuses of each rom, and also see other users' experiences with that rom.

Then you can test different roms for yourself to find one that works best for you.

I'm tipping this thread gets closed when mods wake up.

takamichi

Aug 29, 2011
In my opinion wanamlite has excellent battery life, certainly better than I got on a stock gingerbread build. The developer seems to take battery issues seriously and fixes them very quickly.

Brightlenny

MistahBungle I know every body uses there phone differently and the like just asking people there opinion that is what Forums are for opinions it's not a 64 million dollar question I asked would be very surprised if this thread closed but I respect your opinion thanks

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
50 quid says the thread is closed before I go to bed in 7 hrs.

MistahBungle I know every body uses there phone differently and the like just asking people there opinion that is what Forums are for opinions it's not a 64 million dollar question I asked would be very surprised if this thread closed but I respect your opinion thanks

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Agree but not if the same question is asked in a new post every day .
Some users mistake this for a help forum its actually XDA Developers forum not some kindergarten forum .

jje

Reactions: MistahBungle

Brightlenny

I follow the resurrection remix thread and every fifth or sixth question is the same how do you install ROM why will cwm not work when reboot phone on resurrection v1 the zip had to be but in ad sd card and boot into it every time. That thread is getting to much repeat questions.
apologies to anyone if this question has been asked to much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Agree but not if the same question is asked in a new post every day .
    Some users mistake this for a help forum its actually XDA Developers forum not some kindergarten forum .

jje
    Please just try them all yourself. Nobody can answer this question for you.

Closed