[APP][JB] ApolloMOD - Modified Apollo Music player(updated 3/10/13)

Search This thread

BigSplit

Jan 7, 2012
Description:
This is the great thing about Open source, you find an app that is almost exactly what you want and you can tweak it to make it perfect for yourself!

This is based on CM10.1 Apollo Music source code, with lots and lots of changes. The package name will be ApolloMod from this version forward.

NOTE: You will have to hit 'play' or another button on the widget to get it to change themes after altering settings, I am working on getting the widgets to update themselves after a setting has changed.

Features:
- Reworked ALOT of the UI, some big changes & some small(check the screenshots below)
- Fetches album art from files before fetching from the web
- Ability to edit album, artist, playlist & genre images(long press images on their respective views)
- Tab visibility controls(only show the tabs you wish)
- Grabs highest quality images available from the web
- Ability to choose widget style (holo dark or holo light)
- Extended notifications
- Audio visualizations on now playing screen(experimental at this point)

zPbrrxq.png

bhguvpT.png

9MwbZDn.png

H8wPy7S.png

y5QIymQ.png

Changelog:

-v1.1
fixed FC bug on some devices

-v1 after renaming to ApolloMod
renamed package ApolloMod
added ability to edit images
Experimental audio visualizations on now playing screen
Extended notification
Ability to choose widget style (holo dark or holo light)
small UI tweaks here and there
fixed theme issues caused by earlier changes
changes under the hood here and there(such as storing images of appropriate size in memory cache instead of large ones)

----versions previous to package name change ------
-v3
more UI changes
now attempts to fetch album art from mediastore before fetching from the web
grab the highest quality image available instead of defaulting to the smallest image available on last.fm
various other small changes

-v2
lots of UI changes
fixed it so that the UI of main screen only refreshes after settings have been changed

-v1
initial post
added the ability to choose which tabs show

Github Repo(all changes have been moved to a seperate repo)
https://github.com/Splitter/android_packages_apps_apolloMod

DOWNLOAD:

Latest version HERE!!!!!

IF YOU USE MY WORK IN YOUR ROM I WOULD APPRECIATE AT LEAST A THANKS

Attachments

• Apollo.apk
    582.4 KB · Views: 422
  • Apollo_v2.apk
    580.4 KB · Views: 1,661
  • Apollo_v3.apk
    578.9 KB · Views: 1,818
  • apolloMod_v1.apk
    662.9 KB · Views: 455
  • apolloMod_v1.1.apk
    662.8 KB · Views: 7,114
Last edited:

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
Re: [APP]Modified Apollo Music player

Definitely, I'm gonna link to here in my other forum... I know a lot of people that would love this. Great work.. Only have three tabs now, on 4.2.2, life is good

You really love that Galaxy huh.... Anyways thanks BigSplit for this, will def use this on my new toy :D

Sent From a Freaked out Nexus 4

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Re: [APP]Modified Apollo Music player

You really love that Galaxy huh.... Anyways thanks BigSplit for this, will def use this on my new toy :D

Sent From a Freaked out Nexus 4

To be honest it could have been any of the newer devices... No lag, big screen, dev support... Doesn't take much to make me happy. I pretty much only run AOSP anyways.

JCordero31

Apr 3, 2008
Bronx
this is the great thing about open source, you find an app that is almost exactly what you want and you can tweak it to make it perfect for yourself!

Version 2 brings alot of changes in the ui, some subtle and some not so subtle. These changes started as me wanting to make the controls on the bottom actionbar more prominent and became something more. Some may not like the changes, but at the end of the day i'm doing this for myself first sorry.

oqksj8k.png

changelog:

-v2
lots of ui changes
fixed it so that the ui of main screen only refreshes after settings have been changed
github changes

-v1
initial post
github changes

how do i install it it wont let me thru recovery??

BigSplit

Jan 7, 2012
It's an apk, not flashable through recovery. If you don't already have Apollo installed you can simply side load it by putting it on your sdcard and going through whatever file manager you have to install it.

BigSplit

Jan 7, 2012
Oh, and no update today. I originally started adding native last.fm scrobbling support when I made my post earlier, then realized that now it actually does support third party scrobbling through last.fm's official app, simple lastfm scrobbler and etc. Thats good enough for me, for now atleast.

So I moved on to making it load album art from the files first, before fetching it from the net if it doesn't exist in the file. I actually do have that working, but I have an idea of how to implement it differently. So I'm going to start over and do it differently.

Reactions: bilgerryan

JCordero31

Apr 3, 2008
Bronx
It's an apk, not flashable through recovery. If you don't already have Apollo installed you can simply side load it by putting it on your sdcard and going through whatever file manager you have to install it.

Sorry for being noob... im new to this. Whats a good file manager i have rom tool box but dont know how to use it much can i do it thru the root browser? or can you recommend me a file manager i got rid of the one i had from cm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description:
    This is the great thing about Open source, you find an app that is almost exactly what you want and you can tweak it to make it perfect for yourself!

This is based on CM10.1 Apollo Music source code, with lots and lots of changes. The package name will be ApolloMod from this version forward.

NOTE: You will have to hit 'play' or another button on the widget to get it to change themes after altering settings, I am working on getting the widgets to update themselves after a setting has changed.

Features:
    - Reworked ALOT of the UI, some big changes & some small(check the screenshots below)
    - Fetches album art from files before fetching from the web
    - Ability to edit album, artist, playlist & genre images(long press images on their respective views)
    - Tab visibility controls(only show the tabs you wish)
    - Grabs highest quality images available from the web
    - Ability to choose widget style (holo dark or holo light)
    - Extended notifications
    - Audio visualizations on now playing screen(experimental at this point)

zPbrrxq.png

bhguvpT.png

9MwbZDn.png

H8wPy7S.png

y5QIymQ.png

Changelog:

-v1.1
    fixed FC bug on some devices

-v1 after renaming to ApolloMod
    renamed package ApolloMod
    added ability to edit images
    Experimental audio visualizations on now playing screen
    Extended notification
    Ability to choose widget style (holo dark or holo light)
    small UI tweaks here and there
    fixed theme issues caused by earlier changes
    changes under the hood here and there(such as storing images of appropriate size in memory cache instead of large ones)

----versions previous to package name change ------
    -v3
    more UI changes
    now attempts to fetch album art from mediastore before fetching from the web
    grab the highest quality image available instead of defaulting to the smallest image available on last.fm
    various other small changes

-v2
    lots of UI changes
    fixed it so that the UI of main screen only refreshes after settings have been changed

-v1
    initial post

Github Repo(all changes have been moved to a seperate repo)
    https://github.com/Splitter/android_packages_apps_apolloMod

DOWNLOAD:

Latest version HERE!!!!!

IF YOU USE MY WORK IN YOUR ROM I WOULD APPRECIATE AT LEAST A THANKS
    OP updated with new version, if you have any problems please let me know.
    I borrowed the design of google plays extended notifications style
    bgGSM23.png
    I might just end up releasing another version in the next couple days with what I have completed... I'm having trouble finding the time to work on this(12 hours a day, 6 days a week is a killer)

changes completed so far.....
    extended notifiication
    more small ui tweaks
    image editing
    audio visualizations(experimental right now)
    choice of widget styles (holo light or holo dark)
    and I think that's it so far
    Some people may be interested in this other Apollo derivative, the design is quite different then mine but it is ICS+. I believe he has incorporated many of my other changes in the code base, besides the design.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.locomain.nexmusic