[APP] Grooveshark - Free Music Streaming

Search This thread

gaspariperez

Jan 7, 2012
- IMPORTANT -
I have nothing to do with the app "Dood's Music Streamer", its dev mysticdeath or Grooveshark.
All the credits for the app itself go to its dev, mysticdeath.
Please feel free to support him and donate him for his work (if possible).
If you want the unthemed app, please go to the official site: http://dms.mysticdeath.com/
Thanks to mysticdeath for the app and to Grooveshark for the free streaming service.

72bv05I.png

Themed version of "Dood's Music Streamer"

Current version: 1.3.6
Last updated: 050514

I've just modded it to make it look more "groovesharky". I've also changed the icon, name and the widget.
The result is a fake "official" Grooveshark app.
Very simple. This is my first post and I'm not a developer at all, I did this just for fun, as I wanted a better looking free Grooveshark client.

FEATURES
- Listen to your favorite music wherever you are, whenever you want.
- Import lists from your Grooveshark-account.
- Save your lists for offline-streaming.
- Discover new music with the radio function.
- No annoying ads.
- Free.

DOWNLOAD
View attachment signed-GroovesharkDMSv1.3.6-090514.apk

INSTALLATION
1. Remove all previous versions of "Dood's Music Streamer".
2. Download the app and put it on your sd-card.
3. Go to a file manager and install it as a normal apk.
4. Enjoy!

SCREENSHOTS
Screenshot_2013-10-24-05-49-27.jpgScreenshot_2013-10-24-05-49-55.jpgScreenshot_2013-10-24-05-50-10.jpgScreenshot_2013-10-24-05-49-41.jpgScreenshot_2013-10-24-05-50-39.jpgScreenshot_2013-10-24-05-51-11.jpgScreenshot_2013-10-24-05-51-59.jpgScreenshot_2013-10-24-05-52-07.jpg

Last edited:

exoteric

Jul 21, 2012
Where is the link for the download?

Also the screenshots look like you were able to remove ads as well?

gaspariperez

Jan 7, 2012
Where is the link for the download?

Also the screenshots look like you were able to remove ads as well?

Link for download under the download section.
For the ads I use Adaway, so no the ads will still be there if you don't have an adblocker.
I will hopefully have some time to learn myself some coding this summer and I'll begin my "system/computer science" studies at university in September so hopefully I will learn how to dev apps better, and maybe I'll dev an own GS-client in the future, who knows.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

fruor

Jul 20, 2013
yes, this is great. however, most credit belongs to mysticdeath.

just installed the above version then proceeded to buy dms ad remover from play store.
i have no rights to post links to play store yet, but you'll find it.

slimdizzy

Sep 2, 2008
As a paying Grooveshark user ($3/month) this app always irks me when it comes up every repost. I say its bad because you bypassing their pay wall but it does get more users using GS soooo........

Also TinyShark is a similar app.

There is a reason that these are not on the play store you know.

Carry on ... Just wanted to drop my $0.02 in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

gaspariperez

Jan 7, 2012
yes, this is great. however, most credit belongs to mysticdeath.

just installed the above version then proceeded to buy dms ad remover from play store.
i have no rights to post links to play store yet, but you'll find it.

You dont need to buy dms ad remover, mysticdeath removed the ads in version 1.3.2

Reactions: pino222

gaspariperez

Jan 7, 2012
As a paying Grooveshark user ($3/month) this app always irks me when it comes up every repost. I say its bad because you bypassing their pay wall but it does get more users using GS soooo........

Also TinyShark is a similar app.

There is a reason that these are not on the play store you know.

Carry on ... Just wanted to drop my $0.02 in.

What was your point?...

Reactions: pino222

slimdizzy

Sep 2, 2008
What was your point?...

Its piracy. That's why the app got kicked from the play store. But then again Grooveshark got kicked from the play store for "allowing people to share music". But that's a different matter entirely.

But like I said before just my $0.02.

Enjoy the music while it works :)

gaspariperez

Jan 7, 2012
Its piracy. That's why the app got kicked from the play store. But then again Grooveshark got kicked from the play store for "allowing people to share music". But that's a different matter entirely.

But like I said before just my $0.02.

Enjoy the music while it works :)

So all music streaming services are piracy? This app just lets users get free music from a free desktop streaming service like Grooveshark. Users could easily use their free mobile site anyways, this just makes the service easier.
Cheers!

Reactions: tyraelasd

jesusfchrist

Jul 22, 2013
Well guess what? I paid for a lifetime membership when i downloaded grooveshark for my Pre three years ago. I refuse to pay for something ive already paid for again. There's my $10.

gaspariperez

Jan 7, 2012
Well guess what? I paid for a lifetime membership when i downloaded grooveshark for my Pre three years ago. I refuse to pay for something ive already paid for again. There's my $10.

You donating to the developer right? That's awesome, keeping the dev scene alive!

gaspariperez

Jan 7, 2012
Updated 280713:
- Minor UI changes.

Sorry for the small updates, I just find ui "errors" all the time haha.. Now they're all "fixed" :p

tyraelasd

Nov 28, 2010
Concepcion
Thank so much the app works amazingly well, great quality for the streamed music and queue feature is awesome.

Thank you very much sir

can't find a way to donate to de original developer, I went ahead to his page but nothing there, anyone knows how to?

Last edited:

Cyclu

Feb 23, 2009
Thank so much the app works amazingly well, great quality for the streamed music and queue feature is awesome.

Thank you very much sir

can't find a way to donate to de original developer, I went ahead to his page but nothing there, anyone knows how to?

I bought "Dood's Music Ad Remover" in Play Store.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

Reactions: gaspariperez

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    - IMPORTANT -
    I have nothing to do with the app "Dood's Music Streamer", its dev mysticdeath or Grooveshark.
    All the credits for the app itself go to its dev, mysticdeath.
    Please feel free to support him and donate him for his work (if possible).
    If you want the unthemed app, please go to the official site: http://dms.mysticdeath.com/
    Thanks to mysticdeath for the app and to Grooveshark for the free streaming service.

72bv05I.png

Themed version of "Dood's Music Streamer"

Current version: 1.3.6
    Last updated: 050514

I've just modded it to make it look more "groovesharky". I've also changed the icon, name and the widget.
    The result is a fake "official" Grooveshark app.
    Very simple. This is my first post and I'm not a developer at all, I did this just for fun, as I wanted a better looking free Grooveshark client.

FEATURES
    - Listen to your favorite music wherever you are, whenever you want.
    - Import lists from your Grooveshark-account.
    - Save your lists for offline-streaming.
    - Discover new music with the radio function.
    - No annoying ads.
    - Free.

DOWNLOAD
    View attachment signed-GroovesharkDMSv1.3.6-090514.apk

INSTALLATION
    1. Remove all previous versions of "Dood's Music Streamer".
    2. Download the app and put it on your sd-card.
    3. Go to a file manager and install it as a normal apk.
    4. Enjoy!

SCREENSHOTS
    Screenshot_2013-10-24-05-49-27.jpgScreenshot_2013-10-24-05-49-55.jpgScreenshot_2013-10-24-05-50-10.jpgScreenshot_2013-10-24-05-49-41.jpgScreenshot_2013-10-24-05-50-39.jpgScreenshot_2013-10-24-05-51-11.jpgScreenshot_2013-10-24-05-51-59.jpgScreenshot_2013-10-24-05-52-07.jpg
    Updated 050314:
    - Updated to latest version 1.3.6.
    - Fixed some UI things.
    - Fixed "New playlist" FC on English.

Don't forget to hit that "thanks" button. And if you want to give me a b-day gift (my birthday is tomorrow), check out my signature.
    Cheers and enjoy your free music!
    This is by no means an "official" app. This app, like others in the Play Store claiming to offer "free" Grooveshark content, is not licensed nor allowed by Grooveshark's TOS. The app imitates the Grooveshark website, utilizing an internal API, in ways that are easily noticeable. Keep in mind that by using this software you run the risk of getting banned/blocked.

If you want the actual "official" app, visit http://m.grooveshark.com from your mobile phone. You get a complimentary free trial for your first use and if you follow @grooveshark on Twitter you're bound to get a free month or 2 of Anywhere.

I think I made it very clear in the first thread that this has nothing to do with grooveshark at all. I've seen a lot of other apps like this, offering free music streaming, like TinyShark, GrooveMobile, original Doods, hyped stream app and so on. This is not a cracked app, nor warez, and I have the permissions from the original dev to do what I do with the app.
    I know these apps are not in the play store, but neither is the official one.
    If xda mods want me to remove the thread, I'll do it. I don't want any trouble, I just want to share and help the community.
    Cheers.

Updated 280414:
    - Fixed the notification controls.
    - Improved the ui of the notification controls.

Tell me what you think, I've tested in both AOSP and Touchwiz, it should look the same on both (AOSP look).
    For you with 720p and 1080p displays (or really good eyes): I know the pics used are a little bit low-res, I will try to fix it when I have more time. I don't really know how to do it, but I'll figure something out, I hope. Otherwise, I hope you can stand the low-res haha.
    Enjoy!
    Updated 081013:
    - Changed "blank album cover"-pic.
    - Changed icon to a flat icon.
    - Changed widget to a 30%-transparent widget.
    - Changed some other minor icons.
    - Better overall UI.

I think this will be the last update, at least for a while, as I finally find the UI perfect imo. The original dev hasn't updated the app for months, and I don't think he/she will. If he/she updates the app, I will update it too and theme it, otherwise I think it's pretty much the best looking Grooveshark client out there. What do you think?

Thanks for the support so far, I really appreciate that someone else than me likes my work haha. Don't forget to hit that "thanks" button, and don't forget to thank the original Dev mysticdeath! Cheers!