Help Me Fix This Evo V 4G

Search This thread
Jun 24, 2014
I hate to be that guy who makes his first post as a "help me" thread, but I'm in a bit of a bind here.

The screen or GPU on my phone died (phone screen does not turn on) so VM sent me a replacement phone. My original phone had only the HTC logo on the front screen. New one also has Sprint logo. So, whatever, big deal.

Well during S-Off something went wrong. The SD card is wiped, and the phone does not appear to have a firmware on it. I cannot boot into anything other than the bootloader screen.

SO I tried running the RUU for this phone, but I am receiving an error message that it can not update, and that I need to find the correct RUU for the phone.

Every single post I have found is telling me to use this RUU -

RUU_Shooter_ICS_35_S_Sprint_WWE_VM_1.13.652.2_Radio_1.06.00.0426_NV_1.53_144_release_262287_signed

So, big deal, right? Just boot into recovery and, oh wait. I don't have recovery. That was on my SD card that is now unreadable..

So does anyone have a solution for me? I found this issue extremely odd.

Phone is relocked
SHOOTER XC SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT- 1.58.0000
RADIO- 1.09.00.0108
OpenADSP- v02.6.0.2226.00.0217
eMMC-boot

Any and all help is appreciated. Please do not tell me to go use google or search the forums, etc. I have already done both for several days now and have come up empty handed..

Last edited:

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
Do they have sprint software on it or virgin mobile software

Sent from my DOWNGRADED EVO 3D

Jun 24, 2014
Virgin Mobile software (it was shipped to me from Virgin Mobile).

I did boot into the phone once before starting the root unlock s-off etc process.

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
Need to find out main var, if it is higher then ruu you won't be able to flash. Are you unlocked, if so need to be lock, but then again if unlocked you can flash custom recovery or boot into custom recovery from fastboot. I would boot into then you can flash kernel.
Old work around before smart flash or dumb lock.
Code:
fastboot boot recovery.img

Sent from my DOWNGRADED EVO 3D

Jun 24, 2014
If you are talking about version-main, it is 2.95.652.5

The phone has been relocked.

I am trying to figure out how to return to phone to 100% stock configuration.

Jun 24, 2014
Thankyou very much. When I get home from work tonight I will give that a try. Can I flash the file through the bootloader?

Top Liked Posts