[Q] Link to most recent radio for HTC EVO LTE

Search This thread

NoClemency

Sep 3, 2011
Fort Worth
Can some one direct me to where the most up to date radio is for the HTC EVO LTE. And if you can be specific in your explanation to which file or files I need to flash, that would be great. I am S-off, so I have no concerns there.

Last edited:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I already found this, but these files look different than what I'm used to seeing. Which file or files for Jewel do I need to flash? Basically what I'm trying to ask is which one or ones are the radios that I need to flash in recovery?
You don't flash them in recovery. There should be instructions in that thread, which would also be the best place to post your question about it.

Reactions: NoClemency

NoClemency

Sep 3, 2011
Fort Worth

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
That's not the newest radios, and no, they are not flashed through recovery. They are flashed through the bootloader. If you aren't planning on updating to Android 4.3, however, those are the newest and will work fine. For more info, click the top link in my sig and read the section regarding firmware updates.

Sent from my HTC device

Last edited:

NoClemency

Sep 3, 2011
Fort Worth
That's not the newest radios, and no, they are not flashed through recovery. They are flashed through the bootloader. If you aren't planning on updating to Android 4.3, however, those are the newest and will work fine. For more info, click the top link in my sig and read the section regarding firmware updates.

Sent from my HTC device

You are right, I forgot you do flash them in the boot loader. My question now is that I'm currently on 4.1.1 but may in the future update to 4.3. As a result, can you point me specifically to the file that I need to flash in the boot loader. Is the file I need to flash in the boot loader called 4.13.651.4 Sense 5 Android 4.3 - Odex or is it something else. Sorry for asking such stupid questions, but I'm getting confused.

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
If you want to update to 4.3 you should run the RUU. That will make sure everything gets updated. The RUU will also change how the internal storage is set up. In that same link I mentioned above, there is a link to all the applicable RUU's for this device.

Sent from my HTC device

NoClemency

Sep 3, 2011
Fort Worth
If you want to update to 4.3 you should run the RUU. That will make sure everything gets updated. The RUU will also change how the internal storage is set up. In that same link I mentioned above, there is a link to all the applicable RUU's for this device.

Sent from my HTC device

Thanks for the information. I decided to simply use the older radio link that I linked you that you said is the most up to date version if I'm not switching over to 4.3. I'm planning on getting a new phone soon, so I didn't want to take the time to switch to 4.3 right now. I already flashed the radios and everything looks to be working fine. Thanks for your help.

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Thanks for the information. I decided to simply use the older radio link that I linked you that you said is the most up to date version if I'm not switching over to 4.3. I'm planning on getting a new phone soon, so I didn't want to take the time to switch to 4.3 right now. I already flashed the radios and everything looks to be working fine. Thanks for your help.

Glad to help:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I already found this, but these files look different than what I'm used to seeing. Which file or files for Jewel do I need to flash? Basically what I'm trying to ask is which one or ones are the radios that I need to flash in recovery?
    You don't flash them in recovery. There should be instructions in that thread, which would also be the best place to post your question about it.

Sent from my HTC device

Glad to help:good: