[Q] [Newbie]Troubles reading ftf files

Search This thread

Deathtiny

Jul 3, 2014
Hi,

I'm new to rooting and flashing custom ROMs, so any help will be greatly appreciated

I'm using an orange xperia lt15i, that I've decided to root and on which I want to run CyanogenMod 9.1

Here's what I've come up with :

flashing a generic ftf to debrand my phone, in orded to unlock the bootloader

install recovery

unlock boot loader

flash CM

The catch is, flashtool (0.9.16.1) can't read any of the ftf files I put in the firmware directory..any idea ?

Did I get the steps in the right order, is there any way to achieve this at all ?

Thanks

bejunk

May 9, 2013
Berlin
Hi,

I'm new to rooting and flashing custom ROMs, so any help will be greatly appreciated

I'm using an orange xperia lt15i, that I've decided to root and on which I want to run CyanogenMod 9.1

Here's what I've come up with :

flashing a generic ftf to debrand my phone, in orded to unlock the bootloader

install recovery

unlock boot loader

flash CM

The catch is, flashtool (0.9.16.1) can't read any of the ftf files I put in the firmware directory..any idea ?

Did I get the steps in the right order, is there any way to achieve this at all ?

Thanks

maybe file is wrong download here a new one. this works 100% LINK
also use normal flashtool not 64bit.
install drives from flastool install dir/drivers for your phone
install android sdk (just leave all like it is & press install)

now to the process:

flashing a generic ftf to debrand my phone, in orded to unlock the bootloader i dont think this is need. on sony bl unlock site theres mentioned how to get in service menu & look if bootloader unlock allowed: yes or no. if yes just proceed. any way, CM requires flashng stock ics ftf b4 so do it after unlock...

install recovery no need if you flash CM's kernel later it was recovery built in (all custom)

unlock boot loader

flash cm kernel via fastboot

flash CM dont forget gapps! (google apps)

Deathtiny

Jul 3, 2014
maybe file is wrong download here a new one. this works 100%
also use normal flashtool not 64bit.
install drives from flastool install dir/drivers for your phone
install android sdk (just leave all like it is & press install)

now to the process:

flashing a generic ftf to debrand my phone, in orded to unlock the bootloader i dont think this is need. on sony bl unlock site theres mentioned how to get in service menu & look if bootloader unlock allowed: yes or no. if yes just proceed. any way, CM requires flashng stock ics ftf b4 so do it after unlock...

install recovery no need if you flash CM's kernel later it was recovery built in (all custom)

unlock boot loader

flash cm kernel via fastboot

flash CM dont forget gapps! (google apps)

Ok so I rechecked service info and status says no, eventhough I remenbered differently and got an unlocking code from sony..

Anyway, guess the best I can do is now limited to rooting...

Thanks

hades187

Jul 11, 2012
Last edited: