FLASH ROM
FLASH Super SU (if you want to root)
WIPE DALVIK.
ENJOY!

Only tested with CWM

Dowload:​

Mega

Google Drive

If you want another filehost just ask and if the zip does not work tell me we will look into it :highfive:​

Last edited:

gartzen

Apr 11, 2012
I didn't try it yet. I prefer TWRP, so I was going to test if it's working with it. But I just got the XT1039 last week, so I set it up to my liking, then I unlocked bootloader to root it, so second setup, and then I messed up deleting some files (don't really know what happened), so I had to set it up for the 3rd time just yesterday. I'm not in the mood of wiping it again just yet!

But i will ;)

EDIT: Just installed it, with TWRP and wiping only cache. Works like a charm!

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueFlame4

rkuijpers

Aug 3, 2010
It works perfectly, thank you!

I was having some trouble updating to 4.4.4 using OTA as I changed a lot in the stock rom. After spending hours reverting changes, I still couldn't get it to work (without flashing stock and starting all over again, which I didn't want to do really).

Was thinking of starting all over again, flashing stock image, OTA to 4.4.4 and changing everything after that, when I came across your thread.

You saved me from spending hours having to start from scratch! Top job!

I only flashed your file from my OTG drive in TWRP , over my heavily changed system, and it works like a dream.

See this screenshot I took right after flashing and reboot:

mugy3ude.jpg

So, yes man, you did it! Thanks again! [emoji106]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1039 met Tapatalk

guijarrelson

Dec 11, 2010
Spain
I want to try this one, but I want to know how can I verify that bootloader is locked or not, and how can I unlock it.

Any threat talking about this?

PD: Could be unlocked from adb typing "fastboot oem unlock"?

Last edited:

sbpetro

Jul 3, 2009
Will this work for the XT1039 from Great Britain? Build numbers are the same but instead of EU there is a GB. I bought mine from Amazon and it is the unlocked version.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueFlame4

mr.death7

Nov 1, 2013
Awesome!

Hi,

Just installed on my 4.4.3, wiping only the cache partition as you said. As far as I can see everythying works perfectly.
Thank you man !

BlueFlame4

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 10, 2011
Dresden, Germany
I want to try this one, but I want to know how can I verify that bootloader is locked or not, and how can I unlock it.

Any threat talking about this?

PD: Could be unlocked from adb typing "fastboot oem unlock"?

The bootloader is proprietary so you need to ask Motorola for an unlock code. "Fastboot oem unlock" won't work. There are a lot of threads about this in Q&A and General.

Reactions: guijarrelson

sbpetro

Jul 3, 2009
I just finished updating my GB version to this EU version and it worked great! No issues to report. Installed CWM recovery, then EU 4.4.4., wiped cache then installed superuser. Fantastic work with no lost data. My 32GB sdcard works too!!!! AMAZING :)

Last edited:
Reactions: tgwallbank

rkuijpers

Aug 3, 2010
I tried using a Sandisk 32 Gb sd card (bought in 2011, and still working perfectly in my old HTC Desire) that didn't work in this phone before the update, but it still doesn't. Have seen other reports about the same issue, so I guess not every sd card problem is solved with the 4.4.4 update.

The card mounts normally, I can see the files on it in any explorer, but it's not possible to read from or write onto the card.

Phone can't format the card, and a check with a Windows pc doesn't show anything wrong with the card.

Strange huh? Any ideas?

mhisani

Dec 24, 2006
I've flashed this and all is working but I can not enable ART can someone else let me know if they can or can't please?

mhisani

Dec 24, 2006
Do you have xposed framework installed? Art doesnt work with it so...
Second, do you have enough internal memory free?

I factory reset the device and still I could not. I flashed the rom via recovery and that seemed to solve it.. perhaps xposed changed something that was not cleared on wipining

vpnair

Jun 12, 2010
Melbourne
I factory reset the device and still I could not. I flashed the rom via recovery and that seemed to solve it.. perhaps xposed changed something that was not cleared on wipining

Factory Reset does not touch your system partition. Only wipes your data.
Xposed would have modified your system partition to prevent ART. Flashing a new rom would restore your system partition to how it was.

Next time, either disable xposed before uninstalling. Or if that doesn't work, either fastboot flash the system.img chunks found in the stock firmware OR flash the same firmware in a custom recovery (if zip available). This will refresh your system partition and restore any changes without affecting your data.

Reactions: 4Freedom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock with unlocked bootloader warning removed

Motorola 4G 4.4.4 Kitkat for EUROPE/AUSTRALIA aka XT1039

This is for unlocked bootloader only

Update brings:​

Android 4.4.4 Kitkat
    SD Card Fixes

Instructions:

FLASH CWM
    WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
    FLASH ROM
    FLASH Super SU (if you want to root)
    WIPE DALVIK.
    ENJOY!

Only tested with CWM

Dowload:​

Mega

Google Drive

If you want another filehost just ask and if the zip does not work tell me we will look into it :highfive:​
    Update: I have flashed stock 4.4.4 from this thread using mfastboot and the modem/baseband is now in version 101.90.49.01R and the sdcard is now working.

commands used:

Code:
    mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin
    mfastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
    mfastboot flash logo logo.bin
    mfastboot flash boot boot.img
    mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
    mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
    mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
    mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
    mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    mfastboot erase modemst1
    mfastboot erase modemst2
    mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
    mfastboot erase cache
    mfastboot erase userdata
    mfastboot reboot

I have then restored a nandroid backup made with TWRP because I have made a lot of modification (xposed, etc...) everything works fine (the bootloader warning was back, so I have also flashed a new one from here)

TLDR: do not flash this ROM if you come from 4.4.3, it will result in a incomplete flash. Use this stock ROM and flash with mfastboot method.
    That may lead to a kinda bootloop, if i remember right, i tried, and after each reboot, it says the phones needs to reboot in order to apply the OTA, and the phone reboots few seconds later.
    I managed to stop that by freezing motorola apps with titanium backup before the phone reboots.
    But you can try after making a nandroid backup, if anything goes wrong, just restore.
    Next time that happens after applying OTA, manually clear cache in recovery. Custom recovery didn't delete OTA file after reboot, that's all. :)

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

can i do an ota update from setting if i have a custom recovery? like cwm or twrp:confused:
    Shouldn't be a problem! ;)
    It works perfectly, thank you!

I was having some trouble updating to 4.4.4 using OTA as I changed a lot in the stock rom. After spending hours reverting changes, I still couldn't get it to work (without flashing stock and starting all over again, which I didn't want to do really).

Was thinking of starting all over again, flashing stock image, OTA to 4.4.4 and changing everything after that, when I came across your thread.

You saved me from spending hours having to start from scratch! Top job!

I only flashed your file from my OTG drive in TWRP , over my heavily changed system, and it works like a dream.

See this screenshot I took right after flashing and reboot:

mugy3ude.jpg

So, yes man, you did it! Thanks again! [emoji106]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1039 met Tapatalk
    Flash this Super SU ;)

Ps: Is my update working ?