[APP] Penocle 1.5.2 - notepad/planner/organizer for Galaxy Note devices

Search This thread
Aug 2, 2014
play.google.com
If you want to use Galaxy Note and its S Pen to make notes, keep thoughts, plan and manage your tasks, events, and whatever else, including complex recurring activities, in a simple and organized way - you can take a look at Penocle.

It is being actively developed, so your comments and feauture/UX suggestions are highly appreciated!

Features:

+ Simple and clean interface, pastel palette and custom note colors.
+ Pressure-sensitive handwriting, as less typing as possible, set up time in two clicks.
+ Notepad mode: organized storage of notes; reminders, sorting, and filtering are available.
+ Planner mode: notes, events, activities, tasks - everything is on the calendar.
+ Quick and simple handwritten and text notes.
+ Single and *recurring activities with multiple options.
+ Planning flexibility: activities with or without specific time or date, drag-and-drop ordering within a day.
+ Notes, tasks, single activities, recurring activities can be easily transformed into each other.
+ Rich notification/reminder options (any time, postponement, status bar or pop-up notifications, different sounds).
+ Calendar with month, week (multiple layouts), and day views.
+ *Search with multiple filters for calendar and undated notes.
+ *Calendar month widget and widget for upcoming events and notes.
+ *Backup and restore using Google Drive.

* - Available in full version only.

You can download the free trial version of Penocle on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zmiterfreeman.penocletrial

Attachments

• month.png
    month.png
    183.5 KB · Views: 4,426
  • day.png
    day.png
    218.7 KB · Views: 4,442
  • notes.png
    notes.png
    153.5 KB · Views: 4,300
  • edit_note.png
    edit_note.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 4,080
  • edit_tag.png
    edit_tag.png
    93.7 KB · Views: 3,909
  • edit_time.png
    edit_time.png
    147 KB · Views: 3,850
  • edit_recurrence.png
    edit_recurrence.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 3,703
  • edit_notification.png
    edit_notification.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 3,607
Last edited:

raehs99

Jun 17, 2012
Berlin
bought and installed it.Looks good so far and is easy to use, but I´m missing a (Google)Calender sync to have all my old notes back.
Things like birthdays and so on(Sorry for my english). Also option to mark weekend and feast days would be nice.
And why did I have to set a concrete year when I set "every year"
Hope you continue your developement, this could be a great, very helpfull app.
Thank you very much so far
...........................................cheers:laugh:

Reactions: Zmiter Freeman
Aug 2, 2014
play.google.com
bought and installed it.Looks good so far and is easy to use, but I´m missing a (Google)Calender sync to have all my old notes back.
Things like birthdays and so on(Sorry for my english). Also option to mark weekend and feast days would be nice.

You are right, there is no Google/Samsung calendar synchronization, and there is no ability to mark weekends/holidays. And I agree, most cases with "every year" recurring rule do not require setting the end year, so I will try to fix it soon. Thanks for your feedback, I added your thoughts to my list of other requests of new features. Let me know if you have any other thoughts later!

cybriks

Aug 2, 2010
Agree with the comment above: add calendar sync to the features and we have a winner :)

Sent from my brain through neural networks.

Reactions: Zmiter Freeman
Aug 2, 2014
play.google.com
Can we have resizable widgets for the memos?
I miss the ooold SMemo widgets, which we could spread, 3 or 4, over the screen, not the new ones, too big & heavy.

From the ICS era, I must carry with the GNote app, a simulator of SMemo....

I will try yours, in any way.

You are the first one who asked for widgets, but I agree, it is a good point. What widget would you like to see first? I guess agenda/current week would be the most useful one.

cybriks

Aug 2, 2010
Do you mean Google Calendar? It would be a partial (no guests, no sharing options, no event color, no location) one-way (Google Calendar -> Penocle only, because most Penocle items are based on a graphic notes) sync. Thanks for your comment.

Exactly. Some way to display GCal events at least. But wouldn't it be possible to store the graphical note as image attachment to a GCal-event as well, so that events created in Penocle at least could be indicated in The Google Calendar?
Don't get me wrong: I really do like what you have come up with so far – but in order to be fully usable, at least (one-way) display of existing Google Calendar events would be essential, IMHO.

thejalma

Nov 30, 2013
Aracaju
I loved the app idea, but I can't see any widget either my on Note 3 N9005 or my Note 10.1 N8010 both with stock rom 4.4.2 and 4.2.1 respectively. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you want to use Galaxy Note and its S Pen to make notes, keep thoughts, plan and manage your tasks, events, and whatever else, including complex recurring activities, in a simple and organized way - you can take a look at Penocle.

It is being actively developed, so your comments and feauture/UX suggestions are highly appreciated!

Features:

+ Simple and clean interface, pastel palette and custom note colors.
    + Pressure-sensitive handwriting, as less typing as possible, set up time in two clicks.
    + Notepad mode: organized storage of notes; reminders, sorting, and filtering are available.
    + Planner mode: notes, events, activities, tasks - everything is on the calendar.
    + Quick and simple handwritten and text notes.
    + Single and *recurring activities with multiple options.
    + Planning flexibility: activities with or without specific time or date, drag-and-drop ordering within a day.
    + Notes, tasks, single activities, recurring activities can be easily transformed into each other.
    + Rich notification/reminder options (any time, postponement, status bar or pop-up notifications, different sounds).
    + Calendar with month, week (multiple layouts), and day views.
    + *Search with multiple filters for calendar and undated notes.
    + *Calendar month widget and widget for upcoming events and notes.
    + *Backup and restore using Google Drive.

* - Available in full version only.

You can download the free trial version of Penocle on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zmiterfreeman.penocletrial
    Will give a shot. .. Thank you for posting.
    Agree with the comment above: add calendar sync to the features and we have a winner :)

Sent from my brain through neural networks.
    Can we have resizable widgets for the memos?
    I miss the ooold SMemo widgets, which we could spread, 3 or 4, over the screen, not the new ones, too big & heavy.

From the ICS era, I must carry with the GNote app, a simulator of SMemo....

I will try yours, in any way.