ALPHA Mesmerize AOSP ROM Discussion w/Pics

Search This thread

phidelt82

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 30, 2008
Last night was an interesting night for me. With the help of jt1134, of course, I was able to get a semi-working build of AOSP to load and boot up on the Mesmerize. For those of you who have not seen this, it is pretty neat stuff. This means NO TOUCHWIZ on the phone at all. Pure google goodness! What this also means right now, is a lot of work for the people involved. These guys have been really going at it lately and it is slowly paying off.

I'd like to pay credit to these guys for their work so far and all their work in the future, as I'm hope they won't be stopping any time soon.

jt1134
Birdman
forcystos
coolya
namebrandon
Captainkrtek

and anyone else out there that has worked on this project that I don't know about.

Last night I got to do a very small part in helping out and I was glad to be able to be a part of this.

This required a modified kernel to be able to load and boot. Although I have built several kernels using jt's github source, this is the first time I have had to modify content and it gave me insight into some of what is going on in the kernel. It's definitely more than I had ever thought before.

Here are some screen shots that I took while running the ROM.

Home
desktop-1.jpg

App drawer
appdrawer.jpg

Dialer
phone-2.jpg

Info w/modified kernel & build number
info.jpg

I will not be releasing this build, as I do not feel comfortable with it's stability just yet. I also want to get jt's approval before letting it out into the wild since I am following his lead on all of this. This was done more for discussion purposes to see what you guys think and to let you know that work is being done to give you more options than just ROMs made from stock.

If you would like to see original post of the Fascinate version, the link is http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=893053

Sighcosis

Apr 1, 2009
Monroe
When you say Pure Google Goodness are we talking Froyo ? or better.. Gingerbread?

And if you need a tester I would be more than happy to help out.

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008
When you say Pure Google Goodness are we talking Froyo ? or better.. Gingerbread?

And if you need a tester I would be more than happy to help out.

I know you are all super excited about the updates, but if you look at the build number in the picture, it says 2.1-update1 ECLAIR.

jt has been working on this for 3 months. I just got the Mes to load up last night. Let's see how things go and maybe we'll start an Alpha ROM thread in the development section.

Sighcosis

Apr 1, 2009
Monroe
I know you are all super excited about the updates, but if you look at the build number in the picture, it says 2.1-update1 ECLAIR.

jt has been working on this for 3 months. I just got the Mes to load up last night. Let's see how things go and maybe we'll start an Alpha ROM thread in the development section.

Seen that after I posted. And sorry for the obvious drooling excitement. LOL

Thank you all ..

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008
Seen that after I posted. And sorry for the obvious drooling excitement. LOL

Thank you all ..

Drool away...

I am in no way responsible for shorted out electronics, drool stains on furniture, the dog, the cat, your girlfriend, or embarrassing wet spots on your pants.....

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008
Compiling a new build now. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully more pics to come.

cloudstrife7

Apr 15, 2009
Thanks for the update, I'm very excited about this! Good luck!

By the way, I love that wallpaper with the tweetdeck logo.

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008
Thanks for the update, I'm very excited about this! Good luck!

By the way, I love that wallpaper with the tweetdeck logo.

Yeah, there's a pretty good list of wallpapers in it. These guys are really putting some work in to making a top notch product. If we can get a few more kinks out of the Mesmerize version, I'll release an Alpha.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008
Can't wait to try it out!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Looks like it's on the side burner for now. The good news is, the reason that it's been put on the side burner is that it seems possible that a 2.3 AOSP build may fix some of the problems that are happening in the 2.2 build. I don't have many of the details, but they've got the first steps working. As soon as there is a build that I can start to work with, I will post pics.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Last night was an interesting night for me. With the help of jt1134, of course, I was able to get a semi-working build of AOSP to load and boot up on the Mesmerize. For those of you who have not seen this, it is pretty neat stuff. This means NO TOUCHWIZ on the phone at all. Pure google goodness! What this also means right now, is a lot of work for the people involved. These guys have been really going at it lately and it is slowly paying off.

I'd like to pay credit to these guys for their work so far and all their work in the future, as I'm hope they won't be stopping any time soon.

jt1134
    Birdman
    forcystos
    coolya
    namebrandon
    Captainkrtek

and anyone else out there that has worked on this project that I don't know about.

Last night I got to do a very small part in helping out and I was glad to be able to be a part of this.

This required a modified kernel to be able to load and boot. Although I have built several kernels using jt's github source, this is the first time I have had to modify content and it gave me insight into some of what is going on in the kernel. It's definitely more than I had ever thought before.

Here are some screen shots that I took while running the ROM.

Home
    desktop-1.jpg

App drawer
    appdrawer.jpg

Dialer
    phone-2.jpg

Info w/modified kernel & build number
    info.jpg

I will not be releasing this build, as I do not feel comfortable with it's stability just yet. I also want to get jt's approval before letting it out into the wild since I am following his lead on all of this. This was done more for discussion purposes to see what you guys think and to let you know that work is being done to give you more options than just ROMs made from stock.

If you would like to see original post of the Fascinate version, the link is http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=893053