Thoughts on Anker 2800mAh extended battery?

Search This thread

Bladedwings

Feb 23, 2012
http://www.amazon.com/Anker-2800mAh..._1_2?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1334003101&sr=1-2

And for Canadians:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Anker-2800mA...094292?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item336f077ed4

Any thoughts on this battery? Has anyone tried it out? I've heard good things about the Anker 1550mAh battery for the O2X/G2X, so I'm kind of optimistic about this one. However, I recently ordered a GTMax 3500mAh from Amazon.ca, so I'll reserve my decision on purchasing this one until I'm able to test that one out.

I.R.Chevy

Dec 20, 2011
Calgary, AB
http://www.amazon.com/Anker-2800mAh..._1_2?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1334003101&sr=1-2

And for Canadians:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Anker-2800mA...094292?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item336f077ed4

Any thoughts on this battery? Has anyone tried it out? I've heard good things about the Anker 1550mAh battery for the O2X/G2X, so I'm kind of optimistic about this one. However, I recently ordered a GTMax 3500mAh from Amazon.ca, so I'll reserve my decision on purchasing this one until I'm able to test that one out.

I have a cheapo Amazon "3500mah" battery which after testing turned out to be only a little over 2000 mah however the Anker batteries appear to not bullsh¡t about their numbers so I would say using logic and past experience that it would be legit and worth it if you want the extra junk in your trunk ( or pocket)

Pin it to Win it.

Oct 11, 2011

And for Canadians:

For $12.99 I'll give it a go. Just ordered. 3-5 day shipping, so once I get it I'll post my thoughts.

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
I use the anker. You get around 3 hours more than stock after conditioning the battery 3/4 times.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

I.R.Chevy

Dec 20, 2011
Calgary, AB
oofh, 2800 mAh is not worth if you only get extra three hrs.

I got the 2x Chichitec --
http://www.amazon.com/CHICHITEC-Bat...-cellphone/dp/B00520BC3M/ref=pd_sim_sbs_cps_6

I never did a measurement, but I can get 3-4 hrs more of medium usage on the Chichitec than the stock batter.. ..

Just saying..

Don't be quick to be hating on the bohemoth.
I have found that when you first get a new battery there is a "break in" period. Not that this time will make any difference in performance long term but it normally takes a few charges or even as many as 10 to reach its peak mah capacity.
This has been documented on a few threads in this forum.

Pin it to Win it.

Oct 11, 2011
Right on also let us know if the temp sensor is present and working and of you want to get a accurate measurement of the actual mah rating try using battery monitor widget
Hope it all goes well

Pin it to Win it.

Yup. Will do. I've seen a lot of people talk up battery monitor widget, so I installed it on my current battery to get used to how it works and so I have some old data to compare to.

I also started using Juice Defender. Hopefully that doesn't skew the data. Well, I guess technically it doesn't matter as long as it skews it the same way. :)

Anyway, Amazon currently estimates a Wednesday - Thursday arrival date of next week. I'll update asap!

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Post pictures on how thick the battery is and how big the replacement door is! :)

lol will do. I'm guessing "ridiculously large." :p

Reactions: I.R.Chevy

psychoace

Apr 21, 2009
I have 1550. I don't do extended doors makes the phone look stupid.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

Then why are you commenting on this topic when the 2800mah version is being discussed and not the 1550 one? You made it very confusing for some people.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

I.R.Chevy

Dec 20, 2011
Calgary, AB
Yup. Will do. I've seen a lot of people talk up battery monitor widget, so I installed it on my current battery to get used to how it works and so I have some old data to compare to.

I also started using Juice Defender. Hopefully that doesn't skew the data. Well, I guess technically it doesn't matter as long as it skews it the same way. :)

Anyway, Amazon currently estimates a Wednesday - Thursday arrival date of next week. I'll update asap!

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Right on yeah I'm a big jd fan too. Pisses me off from time to time but the 1.7x battery life is totally worth it for me. As far as I have seen there is no interference between jd and bmwp thanks for the update :)

Pin it to Win it.

Bladedwings

Feb 23, 2012
Pretty sure JD is a necessity to Android; everyone I know has it and loves it (including me)

Related note: I received the GTMax 3500mAh I mentioned in the first post and am currently taking it through some cycles. I gotta say that it's a very noticeable improvement. I'm only on the first cycle, so we'll see if it gets better/worse. I'll be sure to post a comparison between the two (stock and extended) once I've had at least five full cycles.

Oct 11, 2011
Ok.. got my battery last night! First off, the place that shipped it got it here on Monday when Amazon estimated Wednesday at first, then moved it to Friday. So I'm already impressed with the third party provider.

Photos are attached.

First is the G2x with regular battery (and no TPU case that I normally keep it in)
Second is the 2800 mAh battery sticking in it for reference
Third is with the 2800 mAh case on.

I charged to 100 yesterday, and it's been running for the last 23 ½ hours, and it's at 40% currently. I've been using the hell out of it too just trying to kill it: Draw Something, Defender, texts, google chats, email, WiFi on all the time (but again, JD is running).

It's obviously bottom-heavy now with this beast in it, so that's taking some getting used to. I actually like it when the phone is being held vertically, but it kind of drives me crazy when I'm holding it horizontally. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

One thing that screws with all my plans - LG released 2.3.4 update yesterday too before I knew this battery was here, so I unrooted, flashed the updated and re-rooted. I'm now running 2.3.4 stock/root rather than my EB AOSP ISC ROM I was running before. I thought I'd have 3-4 days before the battery was here.

Anyway, more updates as I manage to kill this thing and see how it goes.

EDIT - going to bed. 29 and a half hours into first charge, at 30% currently. Will update tomorrow after work, once I 0 it out and recharge.
EDIT - 44 hours on first charge, almost exactly. Monday night at 7:47 to Wednesday afternoon at 3:51. Starting charge up now.

EDIT 3 - Uploading some usage photos. I think I'm an idiot when it comes to Battery Monitor Widget. Frankly most of this just doesn't mean anything to me, and the place I think I should see mAh estimate shows nothing. Anyway, this is normal daily usage - mostly some chatting, email, WiFi (because work appears to be build in some kind cellular Faraday Cage), lots of Draw Something, Temple Run and Defender 2. For some reason Defender doesn't show up.

Edit 4 - These screens were taken at 6%, and it easily could have lasted more time. I just wanted to charge it up and be done for the night.

Anyway, after a week or so of using this, I think it's a solid battery, but one that I'll probably pack away as a spare for weekend trips when I don't have access to a charger. I have dedicated chargers at home and work, so battery life isn't much of a concern.

For $12 I got this battery, a free USB "universal" card reader, and very fast shipping. Totally worth it.

Attachments

• IMG_0346.jpg
    IMG_0346.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0350.jpg
    IMG_0350.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0347.jpg
    IMG_0347.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 231
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Reactions: Bladedwings

Bladedwings

Feb 23, 2012
Sounds really promising so far. The thickness is about identical to the 3500mAh one I got, but the Anker seems to outperform the GTMax so far if I compare your experience to mine.

How's the temperature? Is there a sensor?

Oct 11, 2011
Sounds really promising so far. The thickness is about identical to the 3500mAh one I got, but the Anker seems to outperform the GTMax so far if I compare your experience to mine.

How's the temperature? Is there a sensor?

Battery Monitor Widget measures the temperature, though I don't know how accurate it is.

I've not seen it pass 26 degrees. Stock was running 34.5 degrees when I popped it out.

Bladedwings

Feb 23, 2012
Yeah I know BMW measures temp, but when you look at the graph does it show any fluctuation at all? BMW gets the temperature information from the battery's built-in temperature sensor. If it doesn't have one, all the graph will show is a straight line.

This GTMax battery gets pretty warm. Especially when charging. I'm charging it right now and the temperature is about 41C... which is hotter than the stock.

I'm definitely leaning towards this anker battery now

IRASadPanda

Dec 30, 2011
Johns Creek
Right on yeah I'm a big jd fan too. Pisses me off from time to time but the 1.7x battery life is totally worth it for me. As far as I have seen there is no interference between jd and bmwp thanks for the update :)

Pin it to Win it.

Those estimates aren't correct. My JD was telling me 1.9x battery, but I stopped using it and my battery lasts longer because the phone doesn't wake up every thirty minutes.

Sent from Narnia

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Right on also let us know if the temp sensor is present and working and of you want to get a accurate measurement of the actual mah rating try using battery monitor widget
    Hope it all goes well

Pin it to Win it.

Post pictures on how thick the battery is and how big the replacement door is! :)

Ok.. got my battery last night! First off, the place that shipped it got it here on Monday when Amazon estimated Wednesday at first, then moved it to Friday. So I'm already impressed with the third party provider.

Photos are attached.

First is the G2x with regular battery (and no TPU case that I normally keep it in)
    Second is the 2800 mAh battery sticking in it for reference
    Third is with the 2800 mAh case on.

I charged to 100 yesterday, and it's been running for the last 23 ½ hours, and it's at 40% currently. I've been using the hell out of it too just trying to kill it: Draw Something, Defender, texts, google chats, email, WiFi on all the time (but again, JD is running).

It's obviously bottom-heavy now with this beast in it, so that's taking some getting used to. I actually like it when the phone is being held vertically, but it kind of drives me crazy when I'm holding it horizontally. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

One thing that screws with all my plans - LG released 2.3.4 update yesterday too before I knew this battery was here, so I unrooted, flashed the updated and re-rooted. I'm now running 2.3.4 stock/root rather than my EB AOSP ISC ROM I was running before. I thought I'd have 3-4 days before the battery was here.

Anyway, more updates as I manage to kill this thing and see how it goes.

EDIT - going to bed. 29 and a half hours into first charge, at 30% currently. Will update tomorrow after work, once I 0 it out and recharge.
    EDIT - 44 hours on first charge, almost exactly. Monday night at 7:47 to Wednesday afternoon at 3:51. Starting charge up now.

EDIT 3 - Uploading some usage photos. I think I'm an idiot when it comes to Battery Monitor Widget. Frankly most of this just doesn't mean anything to me, and the place I think I should see mAh estimate shows nothing. Anyway, this is normal daily usage - mostly some chatting, email, WiFi (because work appears to be build in some kind cellular Faraday Cage), lots of Draw Something, Temple Run and Defender 2. For some reason Defender doesn't show up.

Edit 4 - These screens were taken at 6%, and it easily could have lasted more time. I just wanted to charge it up and be done for the night.

Anyway, after a week or so of using this, I think it's a solid battery, but one that I'll probably pack away as a spare for weekend trips when I don't have access to a charger. I have dedicated chargers at home and work, so battery life isn't much of a concern.

For $12 I got this battery, a free USB "universal" card reader, and very fast shipping. Totally worth it.
    BMW doesn't make any sense to you because you're on the wrong graph. Long-press the graph and then "Select Data" and then "Available(%)". That way it'll show the graph you would normally see if you were accessing the stock battery graph in your phone settings, except without resetting every time you shutdown/recharge your phone.

Your battery definitely seems better than my 3500mAh one, but I'm pretty much going to use it the same way; I'll use the stock for normal days, and the extended whenever I know I'm going to be doing a lot of stuff without access to a charger.

Oh and before I forget, BMW is completely inaccurate in estimating the capacity of my extended battery. They both read around 1500, yet the extended lasts me about 33-35h on relatively heavy use (my normal usage plus a lot of GPS) while the stock lasts about 20h on normal usage. The extended clearly has over 150% of the capacity my stock has, but BMW displays it as almost identical. I think I'm doing something wrong, but there isn't really much you can do in the first place, so I really don't know what's responsible for these readings