[Radio]Skyrocket Radio Thread

Search This thread

twopumpchump

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Moderator
Aug 10, 2008
Kentucky
m-s-j.net
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Here are cwm zips for the radios we have available at this time(that work). These will work for both the AT&T Skyrocket and the Rogers Skyrocket, take your pick :) I will be updating this thread as new radios become available. Please do not ask for the Japanese SC03DDCMKK3 radio, it does not work properly with our device.

Included in these zips:

mdm.bin
amss.bin
RIL

How To Flash:

Install with clockworkmod like you would any other zip.

I have tested these myself, as well as others on IRC and they have worked fine. I am not responsible if something goes wrong for you.

1. Original Shipped AT&T Skyrocket Radio I727ATTKJ2 and RIL

This is the radio that shipped with the AT&T Skyrocket, it is RAT interface locked which means you can't change bands by dialing *#2263#*

2. Original Shipped Rogers I727RUXKJ7 Radio and RIL

This is the radio that shipped with the Canadian Rogers version of Skyrocket, it is not RAT locked and bands can be changed easily by dialing *#2263#*

Last edited:

twopumpchump

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Moderator
Aug 10, 2008
Kentucky
m-s-j.net
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So you mean that once we flash to the 2.3.6, we can't just go back to .5?

why would you think i meant that lol...I need someone who has already flashed the 2.3.6 update to extract the radio from their device and send it to me so i can make cwm zips for everyone else to try :) Using this method to flash radios there is no verification check for upgrade/downgrade, so you can flash them back and forth all you want.

InSaiyanone

Sep 5, 2007
LG V30
Moto G50
Thanks for doing this!!! I ended up going out after work so didn't get to it like I planned. If you don't mind I'll just link to this thread but you'll probably be stick-ied too. TA.

bacheezy

Dec 17, 2010
Lake Jackson
I flashed nandroid to 2.3.6 so I have it available if needed.

Edit: Well after further investigation I read that nandroid back-up does not contain radio...so, oops

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

Last edited:

RiNo808

Feb 25, 2006
For AT&T, which radio has the best reception in you're opinion...

Sent via rooted SkyRocket

Da_G

Inactive Senior RD / Moderator Emeritus
Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
After much testing, the current selection of radios seem to offer no difference in performance, the major difference is that the Rogers radio is RAT unrestricted vs. RAT restricted AT&T radio, which allows you to type "*#2263#" in the dialer and set the phone to 2g only, 3g only, 4g only, etc. :)

Longcat14

Feb 13, 2011
Dallas
After much testing, the current selection of radios seem to offer no difference in performance, the major difference is that the Rogers radio is RAT unrestricted vs. RAT restricted AT&T radio, which allows you to type "*#2263#" in the dialer and set the phone to 2g only, 3g only, 4g only, etc. :)

Ok... so I totally managed to **** something.

Picked a band, and I can't get signal anymore. Reflashed TPC v3, nothing. New modem, nothing...

Crap.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Ok... so I totally managed to **** something.

Picked a band, and I can't get signal anymore. Reflashed TPC v3, nothing. New modem, nothing...

Crap.

FIXED IT! Apparently taking out my SIM card and putting it back in fixed it.

wmason92

Jan 28, 2011
Hey, noob question but whats the point of flashing this radio lol? Does this actually allow you to use the radio that the skyrocket was supposed to come with but doesnt have an app for?

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
These are the firmware that control the Cellular Radio, DSP (Digital Signal Processor) and various bootloaders, not the FM radio that may or may not be part of our bluetooth chipset :)

BTW, AT&T 2.3.6 KK1 radio coming up shortly courtesy of lart, I'm just packaging it up now :)

wmason92

Jan 28, 2011
Thanks for the fast apply, I appreciate it =) I wish we could get the radio to work on the phone if it really is built in

Da_G

Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Did anyone take close up photos of our motherboard yet?

There are various FM radio drivers contained in the kernel, but all of them are disabled @ stock config. No idea if the chip is actually present or not, or if it is, if it's physically wired to the headphone jack (FM radio uses headphone cord as antenna generally speaking)

Close up pics of the motherboard would tell us if it's there or not :)

buffalo960

Apr 15, 2009
LA
I just tried out the rogers radio (I am on ATT) and I was getting extremely low data speeds on EDGE, UMTS, and HSPA+ (10kBps) (tried both phone and PTA apns). Making calls worked fine though.

jbsg02

Dec 10, 2010
Flashed the radio and am playing around with the bands using 2263, looks like I can force EDGE by selecting GSM (I assume we should select the 850/1900 for AT&T) and can force hspa by selecting the WCDMA)

How would I force it into 3G only mode, (UMTS?)

Top Liked Posts