HOW do you show off your Galaxy Nexus Phone?

Search This thread

case0

Feb 5, 2010
ok not to be mean or cheesy but I have to say that I thoroughly love when I use google wallet and I have had at least 5-6 cashiers go "oh wow how did you do that? was it an app? what is it so I can get it on my iPhone...." and then i smile....and walk away

If I asked someone a question and they just smiled at me and then walked off I'd think they were a total ****!

ILLHYHL

Oct 16, 2011
Philadelphia
I almost never put my phone in my pocket I always hold it or I set it down so people can see it then when they ask what it is I say, "it's a European samsung galaxy nexus" (I know it's international not European it just makes it sound better) then when they ask what it can do I say everything an iphone can do but much more as I'm around the biggest isheep you will ever meet

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

be careful not putting your phone away in public places if you're living in the cities.

i live in philadelphia, PA, and few people that i know had SGSII and GNex and what not, and they never put their phone away so they could show it off

one day, someone snatched the phone off of their hand and ran away. on the streets lol

from what i heard, it's usually teenagers who do this..

they usually wander around in packs, searching for prey.... :eek:

i might be wrong, but it wouldn't make me any happier if i showed off my phone to total strangers, either intentionally or unintentionally :p

Last edited:
Reactions: skynet11

OniV2

Jan 14, 2012
I don't show off my phone, but when someone asks me about it I usually just show them the People application.

Dakota0206

Sep 17, 2011
www.okc-tech.com
Its fun to show off the unique capabilities of the Nexus, but it is far more effective to be friendly about it.

Being rude or condescending immediately puts the other person on the defensive. If you are really trying to convert someone, you don't want them defending their own phone. You may convince them, but you will never persuade them.

Also when you don't show them or explain to someone how to use the feature it reaffirms their belief that Android it too complicated. They understand that android is neat and has more features, but they feel you need a degree from MIT to use it. When showing off in a condescending manor its not helping android. It polarizes their opinion that iPhone is just better... magically.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Galaxy Nexus.

biffsmash

Nov 19, 2007
I wave it around quickly and put it away hoping they wont want to see it in action as theyd see how laggy it is lol
Tend to say its ok but buggy. Cant say theres any features to show off lol.

Typhoon20

Feb 24, 2009
Eindhoven
How ? By not showing for for starters.
I don't know but showing off comes across as very lame to me. Pathetic in a way.
That's just how I feel imo so don't flame me for it.

Speedum

Aug 31, 2010
I once showed off the ICS's voice typing feature (in successive continuous), in my native (an Asian) language and my friends' native (a Eastern European) language. Also, same for Google Translate [alpha conversation mode] or Voice Search in my language. The iOS users are impressed since I think iOS or Siri can only handle a limited amount [or only English?] of languages

The Nexus Project

Jan 24, 2012
Philadelphia
Carbon Fiber Ghost Armor, Modded everything
442cbfee-2d92-786a.jpg

Sent from my i9250 [GSM) Galaxy Nexus

G

GuestK0097

i don't really show it off. I just put it out once an hour to check and reply to e-mails and everybody starts asking me what phone this is and how much it cost, if they could have it for a minute, etc....

MattSkeet

Sep 9, 2010
Derby
Switch on what other phones don't have
-1. Set a lot of Widgets especially scrollable before you show it off
0. Take it off the case/cover etc
1. Change to face unlock or quad lock screen and pass it on the person or go straight from the lock screen to the app
2. Run something by using voice actions
3. Take few fast decent photos with a camera
4. Send a text msg using dictation
5. Switch tasks
6. Use nicely optimized app for ics eg friendcaster
7. Lock the screen (crt animation has a big wow factor among iPhone users)

8. If youre at home have it connected to the computer and transfer music or anything from/to

In that order it always works ...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

moneyslap03

Jun 6, 2009
Bronx , NY
Usually The Google Wallet Gets Them, The Whole McDonalds know me now because I go there on my Lunch break, theyre like here goes the kid with The Phone lol
I wish more retailers would get Google Wallet/Paypass , and Google Wallet Get Visa , if not imma have to open a CitiBank Account

skynet11

Oct 14, 2010
be careful not putting your phone away in public places if you're living in the cities.

i live in philadelphia, PA, and few people that i know had SGSII and GNex and what not, and they never put their phone away so they could show it off

one day, someone snatched the phone off of their hand and ran away. on the streets lol

i might be wrong, but it wouldn't make me any happier if i showed off my phone to total strangers, either intentionally or unintentionally :p
I also live in Philadelphia, and I don't show off my phone because if I do, I'm only encouraging someone to steal it or rob me of it. So far I've managed to be able to use it in view of others without being asked about it, and I'd like to keep it that way. Showing off your Gnex in Philadelphia is just asking for trouble - it's unfortunate but that's the reality of living in a major city. This particular city is also famous for flash mobs of teenagers who seem to live to cause trouble. A couple of times they nearly shut down Center City (Philadelphia's downtown area), and it can get very dangerous here.

Terminators run on Android - except the ones I sent to find John Connor o_O

LuffyPSP

Aug 1, 2010
i dont need my Gnex or SGS2 to impress other people. I can just take my sister's wildfire s and my Desire and show them the custom launcher + their swipe/gesture action. Thats all and they are amazed already. and thats only 0.0001% of android feature. :D

oh well, if i shown anyone my Gnex and SGS2, most of them converted from BB, Nokia, SE and iphone as soon as they have money. True Story on this part. I have about 12 people around me buying an Android despite using BB and iphone. One of them even sold their BB and iphone to get a SGS2. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pull out your standard battery and replace with an extended. iPhone users would probably be amazed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    I dont

ok not to be mean or cheesy but I have to say that I thoroughly love when I use google wallet and I have had at least 5-6 cashiers go "oh wow how did you do that? was it an app? what is it so I can get it on my iPhone...." and then i smile....and walk away

If I asked someone a question and they just smiled at me and then walked off I'd think they were a total ****!
    I dont

What he said. Pretty sad to feel the need to show off your phone if you ask me.

*prepares to be flamed*
    I almost never put my phone in my pocket I always hold it or I set it down so people can see it then when they ask what it is I say, "it's a European samsung galaxy nexus" (I know it's international not European it just makes it sound better) then when they ask what it can do I say everything an iphone can do but much more as I'm around the biggest isheep you will ever meet

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA