CM10.2 M1 on my aging G Nex is an awesome overhaul !

Search This thread

kensim781

Apr 8, 2012
Been running CM10.2 M1 on my G Nex with 4.3.1 for 3 days now and the experience as a daily driver is FANTASTIC !! It's a complete overhaul for the G Nex with it's aging dual core Ti OMAP and 1 Gb RAM. The customisation and tweakings are stellar, so much so that I've revived my old love for my G Nex. Perhasp, I've started to neglet my brand new Nexus 5 as it has been sitting on my desk, powered off for 3 days already. lol...

The N5 is a monster when it comes to performance, nothing can touch it ! Even the fluidity of the CM10.2 on my G Nex is no match. But the customisability of the mod is what wins my heart. Not going to root my N5 anytime soon as it's still brand new as hell hehehe...

Have any of you guys felt the same as me ?

mrgnex

Jan 10, 2013
Vlaardingen
Been running CM10.2 M1 on my G Nex with 4.3.1 for 3 days now and the experience as a daily driver is FANTASTIC !! It's a complete overhaul for the G Nex with it's aging dual core Ti OMAP and 1 Gb RAM. The customisation and tweakings are stellar, so much so that I've revived my old love for my G Nex. Perhasp, I've started to neglet my brand new Nexus 5 as it has been sitting on my desk, powered off for 3 days already. lol...

The N5 is a monster when it comes to performance, nothing can touch it ! Even the fluidity of the CM10.2 on my G Nex is no match. But the customisability of the mod is what wins my heart. Not going to root my N5 anytime soon as it's still brand new as hell hehehe...

Of course the Nexus 5 feels/is faster.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kompressorgpl

Seraz007

Nov 30, 2012
Whatcha looking at?

And? :rolleyes:

kensim781

Apr 8, 2012
Btw what speed and did you guys set for the CPU, mine is 700 - 1200 mhz, Interactive. Not sure is it a good choice ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

isajoo

Oct 17, 2012
700 is very high. I bet your battery wont last long. Mine is 192-1228

Will try 192 out...
I've always had mines set on 384-1228, it's what the ROM came with.

BTW
In trickster mod under "max screen off" its set to 576, will that also be okay to set to 192?

Last edited:

isajoo

Oct 17, 2012
There's issues with 192mhz

Beamed from my Maguro

What specifically are your issues?

Cause when I first set it to 192 the battery section under settings wasn't displaying correctly, but a simple reboot fixed that issue.

Running 4.1.2 PA ROM, zen 10 kernel.

Also previously CPU governor was set to interactiveX and I noticed a some lag/delay in certain apps but then(now) set it to performance and no lag more.

To early to tell if battery life has improved.

Mach3.2

May 1, 2012
Singapore
What specifically are your issues?

Cause when I first set it to 192 the battery section under settings wasn't displaying correctly, but a simple reboot fixed that issue.

Running 4.1.2 PA ROM, zen 10 kernel.

Also previously CPU governor was set to interactiveX and I noticed a some lag/delay in certain apps but then(now) set it to performance and no lag more.

To early to tell if battery life has improved.
It's something about losing mobile data iirc, it's been ages since anyone last talked about it. It dates back to the late ICS era I think..

Beamed from my Maguro

isajoo

Oct 17, 2012
It's something about losing mobile data iirc, it's been ages since anyone last talked about it. It dates back to the late ICS era I think..

Beamed from my Maguro

Looks like your right, cause before push email notifications worked fine, even with the screen off and now it seems to be broken.

Will be back to confirm after restoring an older backup of ROM.

Edit:
Push email seems to be working again even with 192.
LOL

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Of course the Nexus 5 feels/is faster.