[Q] UAE camera in the US - Any caveats?

Search This thread

phirephoto

Oct 27, 2009
Bought a EK-GC110 off Amazon. Stated as "New, not refurbished" but price was more along the lines of a used / refurbished, so I was OK if it arrived refurbished (it did). However, it's a UAE "model".

Any caveats before I get too attached to it? Obviously there's no warranty regardless, but I don't want a month later to find out some feature won't work because it's a UAE model and I'm in the USA (not even sure what would be a problem, but...)

thedicemaster

May 10, 2009
wifi version has identical hardware worldwide.
even if someday you find a feature that doesn't work you could just flash the official rom for the US version, but I think the software is the same everywhere too.

phirephoto

Oct 27, 2009
wifi version has identical hardware worldwide.
even if someday you find a feature that doesn't work you could just flash the official rom for the US version, but I think the software is the same everywhere too.

Hey thanks for the reply. So nothing you can think of that may be 'different' - If I recall there's a few extra wifi channels that the rest of the world has that the USA doesn't - that's fine obviously, I just want to make sure there's not say frequencies this UAE version wouldn't have that the US would. Or some encryption or - I don't even know what else but if it's the same, no problem.

BILLYB187

May 9, 2014
I have the same camera.

Im looking to restore it back to factory after root but am not sure what firmware to use. Also, it seems i would benefit from using another regions firmware based on what you said. Is that correct?