[Q] Bloat freezing

Search This thread

pjm77

Jul 15, 2009
Wroclaw/Derry
Hi guys. I'd like to ask you for some suggestions regarding removing bloat from the Note.

Which apps are most useless, resource consuming and at the same time safe to get rid of?

My intention is to freeze the crap out of my phone to make it snappier.

Any opinions appreciated:)

holgalee

Dec 20, 2010
Can I freeze the bloatware without rooting? I'm tired of rooting and flashing my phones and would like to wait for ICS to be installed via Kies.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

Sep 18, 2010
No, you need root to freeze apps.

I totally get where you're coming from, but I'm sure we've got many months ahead of us before Samsung releases ICS. Just think of it as a little bit of effort for long term performance benefits.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

Reactions: holgalee

Astrix Ashburn

Aug 7, 2011
Here's a great list of preinstalled apps and what they do. It was made for the GSII, but most of it is still applicable to the Note.

Edit: I can't post links yet, so apologies for the formatting.

spreadsheets DOT google DOT com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0Ag43oj7rLQP4dENZcmhGN0ZUa3pHSENVeXlqUm5vV0E&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Great list..thanks for sharing...freezed with Titanium.

Juice defender + Titanium (Freeze) + Masqed Crusader + Power Management = Awesome performance :)

TapaTalking on Note

thering1975

Aug 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I took out the usual suspects i removed from all my previous galaxy devices using root explorer and placing them into a folder on sd card incase of any issue, took out about 20 or so last night with no provlems and will hunt down the oddly named APKs that are in the system folder that i wont need and which however did not appear in the apps draw (non system related apps)

For example, Zinio was preinstalled on my device in System/Apps however was not present at all in the apps lists.

djowett

Oct 11, 2010
Winnipeg
Fair enough, I like having a clean app drawer so I delete everything lol i deleted probably 50+ things last night (apps, widgets, etc)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts